» «
Photo

The Last of Us

51 replies to this topic
HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by HarrisonWest, 28 May 2013 - 02:36 PM.

user posted image

TRAILER
(Coming Soon)

STORY

1993, September 4th, the end of the world was not as we predicted, too many humans, not enough resources, when the civil war broke out, everything was in total dispair, many humans died for freedom, some of them died for land, money, when everything was over, everyone thought, everything would be calm again, they were wrong, another epidemic was on the rise, but not the usual ones, sick people are dying, and when they died, they rise again, not as one of us, we are the prey, and they are the predators, humanity was almost extinct, but some of us, luckily survived, but we didn't know, We are the Last of Us

CHARACTERS

NameStory
Tom Barnes Tom Barnes is a 32 year old father of Sara Barnes, his 15 year old daughter. He was a veteran soldier of the San Andreas Liberation Army before the Epidemic. Before the Epidemic, Tom and his daughter, Sara, luckily survived by leaving Los Santos to his vacation cottage near the Angel Pine lake, before 1 day after the epidemic broke out.
Sara Barnes Sara Barnes is a 15 year old daughter of Tom Barnes. She was born before the Civil War and the Epidemic, experiencing the Civil War was not good at Sara's childhood, she became brave for her father. After the Civil War ended, her father, Sara received a good life with a nice house at Los Santos and a great education. Before the Epidemic broke out, 1 day before, Sara and her Father, Tom was out for vacation at there Angel Pine Lake Cottage, 1 day after, they survived without knowing anything what happened..
Nathan Millers Nathan Millers is a 30 year old farmer who lives outside of Angel Pine at his farm, Nathan was at Angel Pine before and after the Epidemic. After the Epidemic broke out, Nathan was in Angel Pine selling his crops at the local market, until unknown beings attacked people at the street, Nathan quickly leads a group of survivor to safety, sadly, only two survivors make it, after everything was at total chaos, Nathan and the two survivors, reside at the Angel Pine Motel, after everything was quiet again, Nathan scouted the area and found a Shotgun, and so, he acts like a protector and a leader to the group.
Bailey Red Bailey Red is a 23 year old beginning deputy of the Angel Pine Sheriff Department, he was at Angel Pine Department Sheriff, after the Epidemic broke out, one of his rivals at the Sheriff Department, knocked Bailey, and locked him in the prison cells, after everything was clear, Bailey was very thirsty and hungry, until Nathan found him and freed him, with Nathan, Mira, and Bailey, they make there way to the Angel Pine Motel, where Bailey, finally ate and drank something.
Mira Ashford Mira Ashford is a 21 year old resident of Angel Pine, she was at Angel Pine, at her home, after the Epidemic broke out. After the Epidemic broke out, Mira saw total chaos at the street of Angel Pine and decided to take a look, as she look, she was attacked by the unknown beings, but, Nathan showed up, and rescued her, she was with Nathan when they rescued Bailey and now they reside at the Angel Pine motel.
Billy Rogers Billy Rogers is a 32 year old, owner of Billy's Records. After the Epidemic broke out, Billy hid in his store, until Tom, Nathan, and Bailey went to his store.
Chris Thomas Chris Thomas is a 25 year old soldier, who belong to the battalion of Tom Barnes at the Civil War. After the Civil War ended, Chris Thomas joined the San Andreas Marines. He completed many assignments given to him and he was promoted to Sergeant.
Viktor Petrenko Viktor Petrenko is a 40 year old Russian. Before moving to San Andreas, Viktor was a comrade of the 145th Infantry Battalion at the Russian Army. in his late 30's, he moved to San Andreas, Los Santos, to retire there.
CAMPAIGN

The Last of Us consist of 2 campaigns, one does not affect on each other's story, there are Tom and Sara's Campaign, and Chris' Campaign

Tom and Sara
Tom and Sara witnesses a new world which they are the prey to a new predator

IMPORTANT READ!!: Part 8 (Tom and Sara) gives alot of crashes on CLEO 4, so It's highly recommended to degrade to CLEO 3, no worries, CLEO 3 will not messed DYOM up
Episode 1 : The New World
Part 1: A Prologue to a new Bloody Chapter
Part 2: Wildfire
Part 3: No More Room in Hell
Part 4: A New Home
Part 5: Signal of Hope
Part 6: No Time Left
Part 7: Good News and Bad News
Part 8: It Only Takes a Bullet
Part 9: Goodbye, Old Friend

Chris
Sergeant Chris and his team is sent to Los Santos International Airport to quarantine the disease, but only to find Hell itself.

Episode 1 : Not Enough Room in Hell
Part 1: The Beginning of a New Nightmare
Part 2: Alive and Captured
Part 3: Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Part 4: Unexpected Trouble
SCREENSHOTS

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Video Commentaries

SPOILER ALERT

Arejai's video commentaries.

REVIEW

Thanks to Aznkei for making a review of the series. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Aznkei)
Hey everyone,

I'm reviewing the first 4 missions of The Last of Us , a mission series made by HarrisonWest .

It can be downloaded at: http://www.gtaforums...entry1062419315

Now, into the review:

- Writing: Excellent . They're pretty much written accurately. They might be some small mistakes but that might be some quick typo than how the author generally writes his missions.
- Presentation: Very Good . Having a zombie apocalypse theme even though it seems to be another lethal disease. Still, it does pretty well a good job. There's a lack of traffic other than the infected people and the main character's (Tom) crew. Although the author should use another actor than just the army model for both allies and enemies during the first mission.

A prologue to a new bloody chapter
- Length: Very Short . The mission lasts 2 minutes. Tom's was once a soldier fighting in a war. Later, he retired and takes his daughter Sara to the beach.
- Difficulty: Easy . There's some gunfights during the war flashback. Fortunately the enemies don't have very good accuracies and are distracted with your allies.
- Variety: Good . The actors includes the army soldier, casual Tom and Sara. The vehicle includes the crate truck and Tom's Jeep. The objects include crates. The weapons include M4s.

Wildfire
- Length: Short . The mission lasts 3 minutes. Tom and Sara are on the beach when they got attacked by the fungus infected people.
- Difficulty: Easy . The enemies only carry a knife, but are usually in decent numbers. Also, the player can use a country rifle to kill them, although with limited ammo.
- Variety: Good . The actors includes Tom, Sara and the infected pedestrians. The vehicle includes Tom's Jeep. The objects include chairs. The weapons include the country rifle and knife.

No more room in hell
- Length: Decent . The mission lasts 4 minutes. Overwhelmed, Tom and Sara leave the beach with the essential items from the cabin and head up to Angel Pine.
- Difficulty: Easy . The action is similar to the last mission (Wildfire) but with the defenseless Sara in your way, so don't kill her.
- Variety: Good . The actors includes Tom, Sara and the infected pedestrians. The vehicle includes Tom's Jeep. Although there's objects, they're mostly integrated with the residential interior. The weapons include the country rifle and knife.

A new home
- Length: Very Short . The mission lasts 2 minutes. A local Angel Pine survivor named Nathan help to bring Tom and Sara into his refuge. There they meet other survivors and think for their next plans.
- Difficulty: Very Easy . This is a cutscene mission only. Once the player went through of this, he will get the mission passed message.
- Variety: Decent . The actors includes Tom, Sara, Nathan and the other 2 survivors Mira and Bailey. Although there's objects, they're mostly integrated with the residential interior. The weapons include the shotgun.

Overall, this mission series is simple but the interesting storyline keeps us to know what will happen next. Because the missions are simple and straightforward, the length of those mission do suffer and some missions can be put together into a larger one without too much trouble. Otherwise, I can wait to play more of those missions, including those who are already published. Keep up the great work biggrin.gif

CREDITS

• Dutchy3010 and PatrickW - thanks for making the best mod.
  • Arejai - Thanks for making a video commentary for the series
  • Aznkei - Thanks for making a review of the series.
  • You - thanks for playing!
  • DYOM - without this, I couldn't made this series
  • GTAForums - without this, I couldn't made this topic.

---------------------------------------------
Don't forget, to comment, rate, and enjoy.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Looks really good.
Gonna give it a try when the missions come out. icon14.gif

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Really intresting, I'll look forward to this. I'm wondering how you'll develop the apocalyptic map.

O.G Skletal
  • O.G Skletal

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Yeah looks really promising. I like the story and presentation. When should we expect the missions?

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Zohair12345 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 18:13)
Looks really good.
Gonna give it a try when the missions come out. icon14.gif

Yeah looks really promising. I like the story and presentation. When should we expect the missions?

Really intresting, I'll look forward to this. I'm wondering how you'll develop the apocalyptic map.

First part is out, and also I will do my best to develop a apocalyptic map

DyomKing
  • DyomKing

My Name Is KING

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Very incredible presentation
Also first mission is very good smile.gif
Also eager for next mission
btw nice work keep up
8/10

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hm.. I couldnt pass the mission because whan it says Kill the remaining LV soldiers. I see a mission failed screen.

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (DyomKing @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 18:35)
btw nice work keep up
8/10

Thank you, Part 2 is coming out in about 10 minutes.

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (NexusUndead @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 18:39)
Hm.. I couldnt pass the mission because whan it says Kill the remaining LV soldiers. I see a mission failed screen.

Hello, you must protect your teammates I hope I solved your problem.

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (DyomKing @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 18:35)
btw nice work keep up
8/10

Part 2 is out!

Part 2: Wildfire

Don't forget to comment, rate, and of course, Enjoy!

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

I played both of them.
They were real fun, but a bit short of length.
It looked very realistic by amount of ammo given to rifle. Also headshots were fun.
Waiting for upcoming ones.. icon14.gif

salvadorc17
  • salvadorc17

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Good missions, expecting for more because your story advance is low...

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Zohair12345 @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 04:42)
Zohair12345

I played both of them.
They were real fun, but a bit short of length.
It looked very realistic by amount of ammo given to rifle.  Also headshots were fun.
Waiting for upcoming ones.. icon14.gif

Salvadorc17

Good missions, expecting for more because your story advance is low..

Thank you Zohair and Salvadorc, part 3 and part 4 is out, and there are new characters!
I hope than this parts are more pleasing than the last ones, and don't forget, to comment, rate, and enjoy!

Part 3: No More Room in Hell
Part 4: A New Home

New Characters:

Nathan Millers: Nathan Millers is a 30 year old farmer who lives outside of Angel Pine at his farm, Nathan was at Angel Pine before and after the Epidemic. After the Epidemic broke out, Nathan was in Angel Pine selling his crops at the local market, until unknown beings attacked people at the street, Nathan quickly leads a group of survivor to safety, sadly, only two survivors make it, after everything was at total chaos, Nathan and the two survivors, reside at the Angel Pine Motel, after everything was quiet again, Nathan scouted the area and found a Shotgun, and so, he acts like a protector and a leader to the group.

Bailey Red: Bailey Red is a 23 year old beginning deputy of the Angel Pine Sheriff Department, he was at Angel Pine Department Sheriff, after the Epidemic broke out, one of his rivals at the Sheriff Department, knocked Bailey, and locked him in the prison cells, after everything was clear, Bailey was very thirsty and hungry, until Nathan found him and freed him, with Nathan, Mira, and Bailey, they make there way to the Angel Pine Motel, where Bailey, finally ate and drank again.

Mira Ashford: Mira Ashford is a 21 year old resident of Angel Pine, she was at Angel Pine, at her home, after the Epidemic broke out. After the Epidemic broke out, Mira saw total chaos at the street of Angel Pine and decided to take a look, as she look, she was attacked by the unknown beings, but, Nathan showed up, and rescued her, she was with Nathan when they rescued Bailey and now they reside at the Angel Pine motel.

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

UPDATES
  • Part 5: Signal of Hope is announced (W.I.P)
  • Reviews is added. Now accepting reviews!

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

UPDATES
You can now play. Part 5: Signal of Hope
Part 5 is uploaded, comment,rate, and enjoy. (don't forget to tell me your opinions smile.gif )

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

UPDATES : May 1, '13
  • Episode 1 - Part 6: No Time Left is uploaded.
  • Don't be shy to make a review to the series, or you can make a trailer smile.gif
It would be greatly appreciated, to comment your opinions, rate, and enjoy.

basket_boy123
  • basket_boy123

basketziga

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

You did a VERY good job wink.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif
You are very creative because you made a good sewers wink.gif

I give you 8.5/10 for now

By the way I finally upload another part of Dead World so you can play it biggrin.gif

tote514
  • tote514

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Very good missions, the cutscenes are really creative, but you need to add more gameplay.

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (basket_boy123)
You did a VERY good job You are very creative because you made a good sewers

I give you 8.5/10 for now

By the way I finally upload another part of Dead World so you can play it

Thanks, basket_boy123, I checked your mission and it's good too smile.gif , by the way, I uploaded Part 7,8,9 of the Last of Us, so that you can continue to play it smile.gif

QUOTE (tote514)
Very good missions, the cutscenes are really creative, but you need to add more gameplay.

Thanks tote514 !, sorry for not adding more gameplay, the reason why I add less gameplay, and more story, is that the characters are facing a New World that they don't know what is happening, and to add more realistic on it, and also, In Part 7,8 and 9 is uploaded. (Part 8 and 9 has more gameplay)

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Updates: May 4 '13

-Added more design to the topic
-Part 7: Good News and Bad News - (Check the topic for download)
-Part 8: It Only Takes a Bullet - (Check the topic for download)
-Part 9 (Finale of Episode 1) - Goodbye, Old Friend - (Check the topic for download)
-All Parts of Episode 1 is done!

basket_boy123
  • basket_boy123

basketziga

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

I like the 7th and the 9th part, but I couldn't play 8th part cause it was crashing when I got in the police station. I re-installed Cleo and it still didn't work.

Note: Next part of Dead World coming out tonight and belive me you don't want to miss it wink.gif

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (basket_boy123 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 14:55)
I like the 7th and the 9th part, but I couldn't play 8th part cause it was crashing when I got in the police station. I re-installed Cleo and it still didn't work.

Note: Next part of Dead World coming out tonight and belive me you don't want to miss it wink.gif

True, it happened to me when I was using CLEO v.4, I'm so sorry not to tell you that CLEO v.3 Is the solution for it, when I was making it, the same happened when I arrived at the Police Station, so I highly recommend that you degrade to CLEO v.3
and it works well smile.gif

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

UPDATES: May 5 '13
-Added Screenshots on Topic
-Fixed some stuffs on the topic
-The Last of Us is now in the GTAGARAGE!

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

I played your series Harrison, and you impressed me. smile.gif

Suggestions: The only bad thing about your missions is the short length. I'm pretty sure you could've put all 9 in 4 or 5 missions if done right. That's really all i can say, it was very entertaining and got me more exited for The Last of Us release and a new chapter for your series. Oh, and please upload the missions normaly, you don't need to put it in a RAR just for the ReadMe file, just put that in the mission description.

Rating: 8.5

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by HarrisonWest, 05 May 2013 - 02:43 PM.

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:25)
I played your series Harrison, and you impressed me. smile.gif

Suggestions: The only bad thing about your missions is the short length. I'm pretty sure you could've put all 9 in 4 or 5 missions if done right. That's really all i can say, it was very entertaining and got me more exited for The Last of Us release and a new chapter for your series. Oh, and please upload the missions normaly, you don't need to put it in a RAR just for the ReadMe file, just put that in the mission description.

Rating: 8.5

Thanks Zizo! biggrin.gif the reason I included the readme in the rar, is because some DYOM users doesn't know about this topic, so I want everybody to know that there is a error on Part 8, and also, I already put it in the description, both forum and dyom. and about the short of length, well, I was gonna make them longer, but when I was making Part 8 longer, (just to pleased y'all) it produced a lot of crashes, that's the story, why It's short length. biggrin.gif

But anyone, thanks Zizo for playing this series, and I hope you enjoy it. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Sure, on the next episodes I will make the parts much more longer smile.gif

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

UPDATES: May 6 '13
  • A new campaign is added (Chris Campaign)
  • A new character is added (Chris Thomas) check the topic for more details
  • Part 1 of Episode 1 of Chris Campaign is added

Don't forget to play, comment, rate, and enjoy. biggrin.gif

The - Hunter
  • The - Hunter

/\ Is Dead /\

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

I've played all of them, are very beautiful
However, the missions do not last long, that you should stretch more
make them longer smile.gif

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (The - Hunter @ Monday, May 6 2013, 18:05)
I've played all of them, are very beautiful
However, the missions do not last long, that you should stretch more
make them longer smile.gif

Grazie senor!

Thanks for the comment, Hunter!
I'll try to improve the length, next time.

sorry for the length, there were implemented to be like side missions (errands, etc)
like the real survival games.

Anyway, I hope you have fun, playing it biggrin.gif

HarrisonWest
  • HarrisonWest

Meh

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

UPDATES: May 9 '13
  • Added Part 2 and Part 3 of Episode 1 of Chris' Campaign
  • Renamed the Episode 1 of Chris' Campaign to: "Not Enough Room in Hell"
  • New Character is added: Viktor Petrenko, check the topic for more details.

KaltharTheGTANerd
  • KaltharTheGTANerd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Wow! I like your mission pack, it's very realistic and challenging!
I'm expecting for more! cookie.gif

10/10, mate!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users