1993, September 4th, the end of the world was not as we predicted, too many humans, not enough resources, when the civil war broke out, everything was in total dispair, many humans died for freedom, some of them died for land, money, when everything was over, everyone thought, everything would be calm again, they were wrong, another epidemic was on the rise, but not the usual ones, sick people are dying, and when they died, they rise again, not as one of us, we are the prey, and they are the predators, humanity was almost extinct, but some of us, luckily survived, but we didn't know, We are the Last of Us
|Tom Barnes||Tom Barnes is a 32 year old father of Sara Barnes, his 15 year old daughter. He was a veteran soldier of the San Andreas Liberation Army before the Epidemic. Before the Epidemic, Tom and his daughter, Sara, luckily survived by leaving Los Santos to his vacation cottage near the Angel Pine lake, before 1 day after the epidemic broke out.|
|Sara Barnes||Sara Barnes is a 15 year old daughter of Tom Barnes. She was born before the Civil War and the Epidemic, experiencing the Civil War was not good at Sara's childhood, she became brave for her father. After the Civil War ended, her father, Sara received a good life with a nice house at Los Santos and a great education. Before the Epidemic broke out, 1 day before, Sara and her Father, Tom was out for vacation at there Angel Pine Lake Cottage, 1 day after, they survived without knowing anything what happened..|
|Nathan Millers||Nathan Millers is a 30 year old farmer who lives outside of Angel Pine at his farm, Nathan was at Angel Pine before and after the Epidemic. After the Epidemic broke out, Nathan was in Angel Pine selling his crops at the local market, until unknown beings attacked people at the street, Nathan quickly leads a group of survivor to safety, sadly, only two survivors make it, after everything was at total chaos, Nathan and the two survivors, reside at the Angel Pine Motel, after everything was quiet again, Nathan scouted the area and found a Shotgun, and so, he acts like a protector and a leader to the group.|
|Bailey Red||Bailey Red is a 23 year old beginning deputy of the Angel Pine Sheriff Department, he was at Angel Pine Department Sheriff, after the Epidemic broke out, one of his rivals at the Sheriff Department, knocked Bailey, and locked him in the prison cells, after everything was clear, Bailey was very thirsty and hungry, until Nathan found him and freed him, with Nathan, Mira, and Bailey, they make there way to the Angel Pine Motel, where Bailey, finally ate and drank something.|
|Mira Ashford||Mira Ashford is a 21 year old resident of Angel Pine, she was at Angel Pine, at her home, after the Epidemic broke out. After the Epidemic broke out, Mira saw total chaos at the street of Angel Pine and decided to take a look, as she look, she was attacked by the unknown beings, but, Nathan showed up, and rescued her, she was with Nathan when they rescued Bailey and now they reside at the Angel Pine motel.|
|Billy Rogers||Billy Rogers is a 32 year old, owner of Billy's Records. After the Epidemic broke out, Billy hid in his store, until Tom, Nathan, and Bailey went to his store.|
|Chris Thomas||Chris Thomas is a 25 year old soldier, who belong to the battalion of Tom Barnes at the Civil War. After the Civil War ended, Chris Thomas joined the San Andreas Marines. He completed many assignments given to him and he was promoted to Sergeant.|
|Viktor Petrenko||Viktor Petrenko is a 40 year old Russian. Before moving to San Andreas, Viktor was a comrade of the 145th Infantry Battalion at the Russian Army. in his late 30's, he moved to San Andreas, Los Santos, to retire there.|
|Tom and Sara|
|Tom and Sara witnesses a new world which they are the prey to a new predator|
|Episode 1: The New World|
|Part 1: A Prologue to a new Bloody Chapter|
Part 2: Wildfire
Part 3: No More Room in Hell
Part 4: A New Home
Part 5: Signal of Hope
Part 6: No Time Left
Part 7: Good News and Bad News
Part 8: It Only Takes a Bullet
Part 9: Goodbye, Old Friend
|Sergeant Chris and his team is sent to Los Santos International Airport to quarantine the disease, but only to find Hell itself.|
|Episode 1: Not Enough Room in Hell|
|Part 1: The Beginning of a New Nightmare|
Part 2: Alive and Captured
Part 3: Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Part 4: Unexpected Trouble
I'm reviewing the first 4 missions of The Last of Us, a mission series made by HarrisonWest.
It can be downloaded at: http://www.gtaforums...entry1062419315
Now, into the review:
- Writing: Excellent. They're pretty much written accurately. They might be some small mistakes but that might be some quick typo than how the author generally writes his missions.
- Presentation: Very Good. Having a zombie apocalypse theme even though it seems to be another lethal disease. Still, it does pretty well a good job. There's a lack of traffic other than the infected people and the main character's (Tom) crew. Although the author should use another actor than just the army model for both allies and enemies during the first mission.
A prologue to a new bloody chapter
- Length:Very Short. The mission lasts 2 minutes. Tom's was once a soldier fighting in a war. Later, he retired and takes his daughter Sara to the beach.
- Difficulty:Easy. There's some gunfights during the war flashback. Fortunately the enemies don't have very good accuracies and are distracted with your allies.
- Variety: Good. The actors includes the army soldier, casual Tom and Sara. The vehicle includes the crate truck and Tom's Jeep. The objects include crates. The weapons include M4s.
- Length:Short. The mission lasts 3 minutes. Tom and Sara are on the beach when they got attacked by the fungus infected people.
- Difficulty:Easy. The enemies only carry a knife, but are usually in decent numbers. Also, the player can use a country rifle to kill them, although with limited ammo.
- Variety: Good. The actors includes Tom, Sara and the infected pedestrians. The vehicle includes Tom's Jeep. The objects include chairs. The weapons include the country rifle and knife.
No more room in hell
- Length:Decent. The mission lasts 4 minutes. Overwhelmed, Tom and Sara leave the beach with the essential items from the cabin and head up to Angel Pine.
- Difficulty:Easy. The action is similar to the last mission (Wildfire) but with the defenseless Sara in your way, so don't kill her.
- Variety: Good. The actors includes Tom, Sara and the infected pedestrians. The vehicle includes Tom's Jeep. Although there's objects, they're mostly integrated with the residential interior. The weapons include the country rifle and knife.
A new home
- Length:Very Short. The mission lasts 2 minutes. A local Angel Pine survivor named Nathan help to bring Tom and Sara into his refuge. There they meet other survivors and think for their next plans.
- Difficulty:Very Easy. This is a cutscene mission only. Once the player went through of this, he will get the mission passed message.
- Variety: Decent. The actors includes Tom, Sara, Nathan and the other 2 survivors Mira and Bailey. Although there's objects, they're mostly integrated with the residential interior. The weapons include the shotgun.
Overall, this mission series is simple but the interesting storyline keeps us to know what will happen next. Because the missions are simple and straightforward, the length of those mission do suffer and some missions can be put together into a larger one without too much trouble. Otherwise, I can wait to play more of those missions, including those who are already published. Keep up the great work
- Dutchy3010 and PatrickW - thanks for making the best mod.
- Arejai - Thanks for making a video commentary for the series
- Aznkei - Thanks for making a review of the series.
- You - thanks for playing!
- DYOM - without this, I couldn't made this series
- GTAForums - without this, I couldn't made this topic.
Don't forget, to comment, rate, and enjoy.
Edited by HarrisonWest, 28 May 2013 - 02:36 PM.