Photo

Victor Vance was NOT the chopper guy

67 replies to this topic
Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

"Hey Rockstar! I've been a huge fan of Vice City... and was wondering; is that Victor Vance who is gunned down in the intro of Vice City? All sources seem to say "yes", but no official word has been given on that." - received via Mouthoff

Yup... that's Vic. After having been dragged back into the Vice City criminal underworld by his brother Lance following the events of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Vic Vance dies in the ambush that occurs in the opening scene of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

http://www.rockstarg...n-and-chin.html

This confirmation comes from the company that OWNS the story of the game. As such, whatever is believed to be true from the customer such as yourself (or even individuals who programmed the game in the first place) makes no difference. If it had appeared to be an 8 ft. tall Asian with bad acne scars and an extra thumb, it still would have been Vic.

That's how a whiny little brat in the Star Wars prequels gets to be Darth Vader.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:59 AM Edited by Vic 2.0, 18 August 2013 - 01:01 AM.

QUOTE (MyDog @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 20:37)
Ok, then why did Lance say "This is for my brother!" when killing Diaz, if the one who had Vic murdered was Sonny?

Could've been any number of ways for Sonny (or someone working for him) to convince Lance that Diaz was responsible for his brother's death. There's certainly a motive for it. Suppose Sonny knew Diaz was helping Tommy make something of himself in Vice City? Breaking up the partnership between the three of them (prior to what you find out right before that last mission) would be a way of knocking Tommy back down to being a "nobody" who has to rely on his first boss/connection and no other.

I'm not saying the OP is right. But I definitely favor his story over the more popular one (where a non-Cuban sounding black man turns into an apparently full-blooded Cuban after a rather short stay in Vice City, Florida).

Edited to add:

So Rockstar has confirmed it's Vic. Tsk tsk. I still say they should've thought about the OP's idea first.

mrmanbaby23326
  • mrmanbaby23326

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

Maybe Victor somehow got addicted to meth and he looks old Rockstar just didn't tell us. I bet it's not it but's possible.

tyguy27
  • tyguy27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

And if you said you couldnt trust "some low life who doesnt actually work for rockstar" then how can we trust you.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (mrmanbaby23326 @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 16:14)
Maybe Victor somehow got addicted to meth and he looks old Rockstar just didn't tell us. I bet it's not it but's possible.

That's just it, Rockstar couldn't possibly come up with an explanation as to why Vic doesn't look or sound anything like himself after such a short stay in Florida. Come to think of it, even the personalities don't match. The guy who gets killed in the beginning of VC is an annoying chucklehead whom it doesn't take much to suspect of being evil. Vic Vance in VCS is 100% the opposite. A responsibility-minded overly serious do-gooder.

I suppose it could be drugs that account for this difference as well, but you'd think meth or cocaine would make him all the more cautious (i.e., paranoid) and uptight. And the accent is still a mystery...

hunk41
  • hunk41

Made Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ken Rosenberg said the truth : Okay, so. They're brothers, okay. One operates the uh, business, and the other one does the flying. (from the intro smile.gif )

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (hunk41 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:25)
Ken Rosenberg said the truth : Okay, so. They're brothers, okay. One operates the uh, business, and the other one does the flying. (from the intro smile.gif )

Rockstar has already confirmed it was Vic. But I think it was a poor call on their part because of all the inconsistencies. They would've done better to say it was Pete who died in that scene. Then, everything would make perfect sense, with or without the OP's theory concerning the meat hook dude back in Liberty City.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

I remember this topic like yesterday, from 4-5 years ago. The guy who made it got banned later on and had the EXACT same story. Don't remember his name, it was chngdman or something like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users