Photo

Victor Vance was NOT the chopper guy

101 replies to this topic
miltonlava
  • miltonlava

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

It was a good read Brian, il give you that. Almost had me convinced, been a long time since I played VCS.

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'd rather pretend the Vance brother killed in the beginning was Pete, not Vic.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (BrianJohnsonsBrotherCarl @ Monday, May 27 2013, 13:31)

Funny how Rockstar themselves confirmed that it was Vic who got killed, though sarcasm.gif

Node
  • Node

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 14:36)
So don't f*cking try to disagree with the people who made the game because they know it best.

This.

The developers know every single in and out of the game.
They know the exact answer to every conspiracy out there.

If they say it was Vic Vance then it was Vic Vance.

End of discussion.
  • abccba123 likes this

Jeffryyyy
  • Jeffryyyy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

I thought the heli pilote was lance's brother... is the guy in VCS lance's brother?!?!

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, May 27 2013, 20:13)

Funny how Rockstar themselves confirmed that it was Vic who got killed, though sarcasm.gif

That's not really 'funny', seeing as I said I like to pretend...

Yes, Vic Vance in VCS and Vic Vance in VC are different because of his character development from a minor side character to a playable protagonist. But in my opinion, R* could have avoided this ordeal had they introduced Pete at the end of VCS, and have him look and sound exactly like the VC Vic. But they didn't, so the official canon explanation by R* is Vic developed a weird Hispanic Accent in two years. icon13.gif
  • dirtysqeegee likes this

Teh Edgiest Man on Earth
  • Teh Edgiest Man on Earth

2edgy5u #TeamMichael

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Niall @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 18:57)
QUOTE (lolleroz @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 05:56)
QUOTE (DE4TH @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 04:06)
just like there's no point to the severed head in the biker club

what?

QUOTE (OlegWogo @ Friday, Nov 8 2002, 09:58)
...go into the Bar and take the mission.  Please note during the conversation with Mitch that there is a severed head on the floor of the Bar.

Mission: "Messing With The Man"@ :46.

The severed head is just a f*cking cutscene scripting glitch, there are always glitches like that in the GTA series, move the f*ck over people.

FlyeThemoon
  • FlyeThemoon

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

Ive think YEP Vic dies

my proofs

-Pete unlike Lance and Vic are not criminal
-Hunter in Helipad outside Lance house, I know on VCS helicopter gets destroyed, maybe Vic stole another one tounge.gif or hint to R* plans make prequel lance brother as military guy.
-Rosenberg in second intro cutscene dont mention third brother
-Vic give compound to Phill before drug deal(memorabilia to his sister, in VCS Louise give compound to Vic

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:52 PM Edited by brian., 02 August 2013 - 10:59 PM.

This post is about to be a doosy with CAPITALIZED WORDS, just bear with me tounge.gif

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, May 27 2013, 16:13)

A PR rep said it. HARDLY confirmation from Rockstar Leeds and Rockstar North. The publishing house and parent company told you that - not the developers of the game.

They share a name because they have to, but they are all different companies and R*Q ain't rockstar leeds nor north - nor does R*Q know anything more than any of us that they aren't directly told. And they COULD have meant what I said, because the opening scene could have been a travel drug deal gone bad. Read on.

I already said that - you can NOT go by the word of a person who probably didn't even work for Rockstar at the time that game came out for all we know.

On top of it, Rockstar GAMES PR REP told you that, and was wrong. And HOW do you know the first scene wasn't a drug deal?

And... WHY would vic go get out of the chopper and endanger himself - they send a scrub for that, the cuban guy - and that's why lance stays in the chopper, and vic would have too if he wasn't dead on a meathook. :x

Now, once and for all, I have sent my case to both mouthoff and rockstar leeds directly to get the answer - I will share their response, I will accept it if I am wrong, BUT

1: Cuban man with cuban accent and fat old and bald
2: meat hook body that looks and dresses like victor vance. And it ain't a bug.

HOW do you know that wasn't him going up north for a drug deal?! exactly, you don't. R*Q could have just plain out thought the person asked meant the meathook guy, when he didn't

You DONT know for sure. But we will when I get an email back - once and for all whether they screwed up horribly and picked the cuban, or if they are brilliant, and vic is vic:^:

I am also going to mail Rockstar North about it soon.

cheers. Will try not to forget this topic again, because this issue is far too easily accepted, even though the character is far too old, far too fat, far too ugly, and is a cuban man with a cuban accent.

Rockstar would not do that.

We pick up in vice city on that body, and when lance talks about his brother, that's when you're supposed to go "oh, so THATS who the meathook guy was"

And soon, provided they respond, we will all know which side is write on this debate. Because I do not accept some PR reps word when they did not develop the game and had no hand in it and probably weren't even told it existed until they were told to announce it.

Just look at his face people, dangling on that hook. It's vic. It is until Rockstar LEEDS or NORTH says so. Not some PR rep.

CrazyNinjaAssassin97
  • CrazyNinjaAssassin97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

So despite Lance saying Diaz killed his brother many times, does that mean it wasn't Victor? confused.gif Exactly, end of topic. Why can't you people just accept the fact that Vic died at the drug deal with Harry and Lee?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 03 August 2013 - 03:22 PM.

QUOTE (CrazyNinjaAssassin97 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 13:26)
Why can't you people just accept the fact that Vic died at the drug deal with Harry and Lee?

Because apparently Rockstar lies about everything. It's ridiculous. Victor Vance is dead. The end.

If you're so sure he's still alive, why doesn't he show up for the rest of the game to help you hunt down the people responsible along with Lance? He should have been just as mad as Sonny was about the deal and it would have been in his own interest.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (CrazyNinjaAssassin97 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 12:26)
So despite Lance saying Diaz killed his brother many times, does that mean it wasn't Victor? confused.gif Exactly, end of topic. Why can't you people just accept the fact that Vic died at the drug deal with Harry and Lee?

Because maybe it was the third Vance brother sly.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Jesus, this theory appear again. The guy who died in the introduction cutscene of VC was Vic. End of story, there isn't really much to think about.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:58 PM Edited by brian., 04 August 2013 - 12:00 AM.

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 11:18)
QUOTE (CrazyNinjaAssassin97 @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 13:26)
Why can't you people just accept the fact that Vic died at the drug deal with Harry and Lee?

Because apparently Rockstar lies about everything. It's ridiculous. Victor Vance is dead. The end.

If you're so sure he's still alive, why doesn't he show up for the rest of the game to help you hunt down the people responsible along with Lance? He should have been just as mad as Sonny was about the deal and it would have been in his own interest.

Did you even read the opening post? He IS dead. He is dead before Tommy gets to Vice City. Otherwise, who is the dead guy and why is he there in the very opening first scene where they talk about sending someone to Vice City? Nothing in GTA is an accident like that, it's the same as movies. It's there, and it's brilliant that years later we played a game showing what happened to that guy on the meat hook. It's brilliant. Brilliant vs completely retarded if it's a cuban who, well, read on.

I know it is either way - but my theory makes A LOT more sense than "a cuban old fat man is suddenly a young, strapping american soldier, and that dead guy is just a prop, even though he looks and dresses EXACTLY like Victor Vance"

The meeting at the table could have been a regional drug deal - so even "yes, he dies in a drug deal in the opening scene of GTA VC" still could mean him, because again, the guy who dies is a cuban, and he's also a fat, old, disgusting looking man to boot - and victor, just two years later, is at the top of his health, 15 years younger, and in the military, with no accent, and obviously not cuban, but african american? I think not.

Still awaiting word from the ACTUAL developers on this, from the ACTUAL people who will know, not just the PR person who runs a website that probably didn't even work at Rockstar when the game was made, because at that time, their more public style was still very new and they had only just then started a real blog style newswire.

I AM convinced I am right, but I admit I do not "know". I am waiting to hear back from Leeds, I am sure they will have a hard time telling me I am wrong.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

They will definitely have hard time telling you're wrong, because you simply don't want to listen.

Guy in the fridge was just a prop.
Back in 2002 there was just two Vance Brothers.
Vic isn't even called Vic in VC.
He was the brains of the operations.
He died in the docks.
Lance joined you to "avenge" brother's dead.
Pete was created in 2006 for VCS.
They decided to give Vic more character and looks, because he was protagonist.
Why would Pete became drug dealer and how would Vic end in Sonny's fridge?

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

Big Mouthed Prick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

If something in the GTA 3 era needs to be investigated for proof, it is false. They're not mystery games, and these storylines have no intentional insights other than killing people, working your way to the top and extracting revenge. You are thinking about it waaaay too much.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

As someone who was here on GTAF, where many a discussion of this occured when Vice City was originally released, long before VCS, it's always been confirmed as Vic.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by brian., 05 August 2013 - 07:19 PM.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 02:45)
As someone who was here on GTAF, where many a discussion of this occured when Vice City was originally released, long before VCS, it's always been confirmed as Vic.

No one new his name was victor, not even rockstar, until that game was developed. And again, I'll say this yet again - a PR blog comment jockey does not Work for Rockstar Leeds NOR Rockstar North and is not qualified to confirm this (and when I get my email back, everyone will know that a PR comment jockey is not credible to answer questions about a game that was made before that website was even a newswire blog - IE before that department existed and likely before that blog comment and post writer was even hired)

No one assumed it was Lance's brother at the sale. It was obviously just some cuban. IF vic was there, he would STAY in the chopper with lance... IF vic went out of the chopper, lance wouda accompanied him.

I ALWAYS knew the guy was on the meathook was "the brother"- It was obvious - it was "whats up with that body on the hook" UNTIL lance said "they killed my bro" and then I knew - oh, okay, his brother is the dead guy on the meathook on the very opening scene - still didn't know a name - a name was not yet created. Knew it was him UNTIL the VCS game came out, and then I found people referring to the old, fat, bald cuban - news flash: Vic is a young, black, military man. Not an old fat cuban. And by the end of VCS, he is a well dressed black shaved head gangster - and there he is, on the meat hook. USE your EYES and EARS with the cuban, and your EYES on Meathook man and tell me WHICH ONE MAKES MORE SENSE?

WHAT MAKES MORE SENSE???

1: fat cuban bald old man is vic vance and body on meat hook is NOTHING, no purpose at all, just a flipping body on a meathook

OR

2: victor out of town for regional drug deal - lance brings chump to do deal, chump gets killed, before lance heard what happend - and finds out later.

WHICH MAKES MORE SENSE?

1: Victor is the guy on the meat hook, opening vice city with a hint of what happened after VCS, OR

2: victor is an old fat cuban who finds the fountain of youth, fountain of bic razors, fountain of skinny, and fountain of black, and fountain of flipping american accent?!?

Please. Can't wait to hear back from the ACTUAL developer... gonna mail them over and over until they tell me lol.

Why would Pete became drug dealer and how would Vic end in Sonny's fridge?

YOU NEVER MEET PETE IN EITHER GAME. HE IS MENTALLY CHALLENGED AND NEVER INTRODUCED HE LIVES IN GEORGIA WITH THEIR MOTHER.

FURTHER:

VIC WENT TO NYC FOR A REGIONAL DRUG DEAL. THAT`S HOW HE ENDED UP IN THE FRIDGE.

"we were talkin about sendin someone down to vice city, right? tommy vercetti"

Yea -> vic shows up -> vic gets killed -> vic gets hung on hook -> they start talking about sending a guy down to vice city again, now that vic is out of the way.

People are fools to believe the cuban fat bald man is a black young skinny military boy with pimp blood. Lance and Vic dress in NICE SUITS by VC, not some sh*tty Hawaiian shirt and khakis. They dress like the man on meathook. THat's how they dress.

The Cuban is JUST a cuban, some muscle, works for them. Rockstar Leeds nor North is going to let that sh*t happen.

"man is just a prop"

bull f*cking sh*t. NOTHING is just a prop in movies, let alone video games. Especially not a video game based around movies. Learn production. Learn foreshadowing. It is evident that Dan Houser and the lot at R* north know about it. And obvious that people can't tell the truth in front of them

But yea, wait til I get my mail back. And then you will see that victor is the man on the meat hook.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Take off your tinfoil hat, man or ease off with the dosage. You want to believe your story, sure, go ahead, but don't expect normally thinking people to follow you into the madness.

Pete was asthmatic according to Vic, not mentally challenged, you on the other hand...
It's interesting where did you take that information about living with mother in Georgia, maybe it's about you and not Pete.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

I agree with Topic stater. So many closed minded people in this thread it's scary no wonder the worlds f*ck up people will believe what their told and not use their mind to think for themselves Topic stater makes a good case and you can only respond ''they said it wasn't him'' come on now ! He looks like Vic it's not like it's someone totally random dude who looks nothing like vic this guys theory holds weight.

Infact I believe topic starter to the point in my ga continuity THAT IS VICTOR VANCE. It makes perfect sense to me.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

How bout we say, It is likely that Rockstar never considered the guy in the freezer to be Vic Vance or vice versa and never will, but they should have (because the OP's way of looking at things does sound more logical - at least to me).

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:46 AM Edited by im_stoned, 07 August 2013 - 02:39 PM.

I believe you topic starter you're theory is a lot better than rockstars. It makes more sense to me so i'm going to say that is vic from now on smile.gif

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I'm on Decadence and Demerol

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

It doesn't make any sense why would Tommy and Lance go after Diaz if Sonny killed Vic?
and if Sonny killed Vic why would Lance side with Sonny?

Brian. Get your brain checked out man.

Also It was always Victor Vance.

If you go to the Vice City website and look at the "Vice City Crime Tree" under Lance Vance it says Victor Vance without a picture.

temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

I agree with Some of your points but it came out of Rockstars mouths! Off-topic why on earth did rockstar plan the storyline for lance and victor to get killed!

tyguy27
  • tyguy27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:45 AM

And maybe they didnt use vic vances cuban accent in gta vcs because they couldnt get that voice actor back and they found a new one who played vance in vcs. And agreeing with the person who said it they didnt know they were going to make vcs. Your just trying to start a fight with a stupid theory that you know is wrong. And for the people who say its not vic but just some random ped that would make no sense because in vcs if you played the game you would know vic vance is in charge.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (im_stoned @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 07:46)
I believe you topic starter you're theory is a lot better than rockstars. It makes more sense to me so i'm going to say that is vic from now on smile.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be some disagreement about whether Rockstar actually gave an explanation themselves. It appears as if there hasn't been an official word on it directly from the developers of the game.

But no matter what the allegedly established "truth" is, I do like the OP's theory a bit more.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

Well in my oppinion everyone is right and everyone is wrong, of course rockstar didn't think at first that Vic Vance was the guy in the hook GTA VCS wasn't even an idea back then, but that doesn't mean they didn't gave the final look of Vic in VCS so that it would correspond to that guy so in theory it could be Vic Vance now but not back then.
To me after playing VCS and returning to Vice City I always thought it was strange that the guy in the drug deal would be Vic as he has a kind of latino accent, not to strange to Vice City (Miami) of course, but hell he would gain an accent like that in 2 years, so it makes a lot more sense to think Vic is the hook guy and the drug deal guy to be the third vance brother "Pete".

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Brian. stop trolling. Even if it was confirmed by some insignificant person as you say, if it were a lie R* would have denied it. They didn't. So Vic was killed in the chopper scene, not anybody else.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 13:57)
Brian. stop trolling. Even if it was confirmed by some insignificant person as you say, if it were a lie R* would have denied it. They didn't. So Vic was killed in the chopper scene, not anybody else.

I disagree. I think if it were a lie, someone asked them about it directly, and they chose to respond, then they would deny it. Sometimes, artists would rather their fans draw their own conclusions, particularly on matters such as this that can only add to the intrigue.

In fact, I consider every day they go without responding to this question evidence that I'm right, that they would prefer we believe what we want on this subject.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

Ok, then why did Lance say "This is for my brother!" when killing Diaz, if the one who had Vic murdered was Sonny?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users