Photo

Victor Vance was NOT the chopper guy

67 replies to this topic
brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

I have seen it debated much, and have even seen some low-level comment responder employee make the mistake of confirming something that is utterly false. Let's get into the controversy folks, can anyone deny the facts I will present here as evidence? It would take a madman to refute this reasoning, in my honest opinion, but I want to open this can of worms with you guys! More than enough evidence, way more than should be required:

Regardless of what some bottom feeder rockstar new york comment answering person said - the guy at the drug deal in the CHOPPER scene is NOT vic vance.

Vic Vance is the guy at the NYC drug deal, hanging on a meat hook. Same Face profile, same suit, too.

Vic Vance is the dead guy on the very opening scene of VC. The VERY FIRST scenes, telling you, it is HIM because it picks up from where he later left off in VCS biggrin.gif

Vic takes over VC, visits LC, gets killed, and that is why they send tommy in to take over now that they killed the boss. Tommy would NOT be there before vic was dead, period. So it is not him in the chopper scene, and it IS him, visually, story wise (fade in on first scene), all of it, it is him on the hook. It is NOT him at the VC drug deal.

Look at this video. Look at the bloody play button thumbnail - that's vic in the closet biggrin.gif

That is him. Because why else would there be a bald black guy in a Vance suit in that closet? I have seen people say "duh, cause it's the mafia, it's just a random detail". No, it isn't. NO movie has anything on screen that isn't planned - same goes for the series that prides itself on borrowing from movies. It is there for a reason, it is not just a set piece, it IS vic vance.

No reason other than the cold hard facts and truth - Vic Vance did not die in the chopper scene, he died before the opening scene of the game. Just as he was the last person we heard from in 1984, he was also the first person we see in 1986.

JG33
  • JG33

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

No, I still think the drug deal guy was Vic, they just hadn't designed him yet because they didn't know they were going to make another Vice City game because PSP wasn't even thought of in 2002.

And if you look closely, the guy flying the chopper is Lance. After that deal Lance is also trying to find out who ripped off the coke deal and find out who killed his brother.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:17 AM Edited by brian., 26 April 2013 - 09:22 AM.

Thanks for coming in to debate! I invite you to:

Explain the body with vic's suit and vic's head.

Explain why you think some website worker who is not even employed at rockstar NORTH would know better than the evidence I presented in their own game?

Explain the body on the hook. Explain why they would even send tommy if they hadn't already taken care of vic.

Explain the cuban helicopter guy's cuban accent and LACK of the suit and head we see in the opening scene of VC? We left off with vic in VCS, and pick back up at his dead body in VC. You can wear the body's outfit in VCS, you CANNOT wear the cuban's outfit.

Clearly. Even if he wasn't even planned to be his own game, that is what that body is hanging there to signify.

This game prides itself on taking after film. It even purposefully targets a 30fps to "look more filmic" in their own words years ago - EVERY prop in a movie scene is intentional. And NO prop in a video game is unintentional. So please, I am loving the opportunity to debate it, but you really need to explain that body looking exactly like vic, and the chopper cuban sharing NOTHING in common with vic vance, while the body on the hook is Vic's suit, Vic's bald head, and even looks like vic would look asleep/dead with no life left in his face, but same profile - so really, it is obvious R*Q made a mistake...

They never would have been talking about sending someone to vice city unless they had just killed the boss of the place and hung him on a hook anyway.

It's so obvious, isn't it? It is great cinematography and foreshadowing. R*Q is Wrong.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Well, I've never got that outfit in VCS, only some pastor suits which even then looks nothing like that.

Secondly, he probably had a cuban accent because as others have said; Vic wasen't planned to have his own game at the time.
So quite frankly, he would atleast have a different voice actor, rather than the one roled for VCS, so that's most likely why he's Cuban.

Also, the guy on the hook looks nothing like Vic, and again, they didn't plan for Vic to have his own game so they wouldn't of planned the person on the hook to be him.
Not to mention that it's been two whole years, he could've changed accent somehow, he would have different clothes, and he's older so he would look different, even though he looks very, very much alike to Vic from VCS, rather than the person on the hook who looks nothing like him.

Throw
  • Throw

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

lol, op's either a troll or just plain retarded. probably the latter.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:12 PM Edited by GTARandom, 26 April 2013 - 03:14 PM.

lol , Confirmed it's not and he asks

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'm sorry to have to break it to you, but the closet guy isn't even black, it's just the lighting in that cutscene.

How do I know?Because TripleAs(one of the modders here) extracted that guys model and rigged it to work ingame.Link: http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=8208

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

It was him, confirmed by Rockstar games.

"Hey Rockstar! I've been a huge fan of Vice City... and was wondering; is that Victor Vance who is gunned down in the intro of Vice City? All sources seem to say "yes", but no official word has been given on that."

Received via Mouthoff

Yup... that's Vic.  After having been dragged back into the Vice City criminal underworld by his brother Lance following the events of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Vic Vance dies in the ambush that occurs in the opening scene of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Source: http://www.rockstarg..._chinatown_wars

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:02 PM Edited by brian., 26 April 2013 - 10:05 PM.

That rigged mesh looks like the corpse of a slightly fatter vic vance to me. Looks exactly like a vic vance would look laying dead in a coffin to me.

But let's assume I'm wrong:

WHO is the body then? tounge.gif

I covered that "confirmation" by a website worker. The website worker does not work at rockstar north, rockstar leeds, nor was the website worker likely involved in the development of vcs at all.

And I have to ask:

Even if he wasn't designed yet, even if it was vic at the chopper deal, why would they not use a cuban accent for the sake of continuity? Exactly. It's not him, it's just not, R*Q is wrong, I bet if we asked more and showed this thread, he would have to recheck his answer.

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Jesus, they f*cking confirmed the truth so stop creating a new debate on it.

countergame
  • countergame

Your member title is shown beside posts you make

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:09 PM Edited by countergame, 28 April 2013 - 02:13 PM.

QUOTE (darkdayz @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 22:41)
It was him, confirmed by Rockstar games.

"Hey Rockstar! I've been a huge fan of Vice City... and was wondering; is that Victor Vance who is gunned down in the intro of Vice City? All sources seem to say "yes", but no official word has been given on that."

Received via Mouthoff

Yup... that's Vic.  After having been dragged back into the Vice City criminal underworld by his brother Lance following the events of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Vic Vance dies in the ambush that occurs in the opening scene of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Source: http://www.rockstarg..._chinatown_wars

The Link doesn't work. Please Edit that.

And brian, it's Victor Vance.. He's the one who did in the ambush. If you played VCS and VC you should know that. Because Lance is talking to Tommy about his dead brother. In VCS you can also learn more about the Vance Family. They're mostly all drug addict.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

8bit. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

How can the guy on the meathook be the dealer if he's already dead?

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Who is the guy on the hook, then? He has to have a purpose. He can't just be there for no reason - we gotta know who he is if it is going to be proven it's not vic, because again, we don't even know if R*Q is truly qualified to answer that question, it was made before newswire, and before rockstar had a blog in general - it's a hired blogger. How would he/she/they know? We don't even know if they played GTA or do now. It's a job. The developers don't write the blog.

Let's see someone ask them who the meat hook guy is and why he looks so much like vic vance. then we will see what's what biggrin.gif

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (brian. @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 10:01)
He has to have a purpose. He can't just be there for no reason.

No he don't, the only reason he is there is to show people that these mafia guys mean business.

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

that does look like him actually

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

my god why do people overanalyze so f*cking much?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (brian. @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 03:47)
Regardless of what some bottom feeder rockstar new york comment answering person said - the guy at the drug deal in the CHOPPER scene is NOT vic vance

Then who do we believe then? Stupid conspiracy nut

Antoni.
  • Antoni.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

That guy in the suit could just be a random employee of the Vances.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

The guy hanging on the meathook is just prop, not a character. He was hung there to show that Forellis are ruthless. Besides isn't that joke from Goodfellas where one of the guys was found in meat truck? (Or was it another movie?)

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

brian. let me ask you something, no disrespect, do you do a bit of thinking before posting topics like this? If some guy falsely said it was Vic Vance while it wasn't, the first thing R* would do is deny and say what the guy said is bullsh*t. Since they did no such thing, it's safe to say that they themselves said it's Vic Vance. So don't f*cking try to disagree with the people who made the game because they know it best.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Member Title? Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

How do you know he visits LC and gets killed? There's no official word on that.

And besides, just because the hanged guy looks like Vic, doesn't mean it's him, probably it's just to create some detail, or something.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

I just wanted to get a nice debate about it going, and try to figure out then who is the guy in the chopper scene, or who is the guy on the hook.

Do you think we should ask them who is the guy on the hook and put it to rest? If they say it is just a prop I will be severely disappointed that it was a thoughtless prop, just doesn't make sense. Could have just been a closed door to a closet for all that.

I only say that stuff about R*Q to get the most passionate fans in here tounge.gif

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Dude you're not discussing, you're sticking to your side of the story like it's the ultimate truth. Discussion is something else.

And to settle it for you one last time:
Rockstar didn't plan to make Vice City Stories at the time they were making Vice City, that's why Victor isn't perfected at the time, but the in-game dialogue, and everything else, says he is the man who dies in that scene. When they had decided to make him, they needed a more proffesional voice actor and that's why he changed so much.

The guy in the closet IS JUST A PROP. It's not pointless though, it makes a statement right in the beginning what kind of game this is and that the bad guys don't play. And makes the scene more interesting than a ''closed closet'' would. Also it may, or may not be an homage to some movies scene where something similar was shown in a mafia movie.

When they sent Tommy to Vice, they didn't do it because they had cleared the city for him by killing the main drug boss in town. Vance crime family moved out of Vice in 1984 and Ricardo Diaz took over as the main man, and remain on that position until Tommy killed him. And mafia sent Tommy to Vice just to have him outside of Liberty as that was ''bad for business'' due to his massacre that originally landed him in jail.

So in short, the Forelli's sent Tommy as soon as he gout out of jail, with no big plan other that setting up a drug deal to get him started but we all know how that ended. And in the end Lance Vance works with the mafia. Why would he do that if they had previously killed his brother. Now please, stop trolling.

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Nobody has anything against debates and I enjoy debating, but there's no point in debating something that has been confirmed by Rockstar. You don't have to analyze everything and find a purpose in everything, sometimes they add something just because, for aesthetics.

2000th post btw biggrin.gif

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

quetin was on chooper

DE4TH
  • DE4TH

Go big or go home

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

I don't think there's a point to him being there, just like there's no point to the severed head in the biker club. It's just something to make the cutscene more interesting.

GTAforthe21thcentury
  • GTAforthe21thcentury

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

confused.gif these kinds of "rockstar messed up!" threads are just total utter crap. Lance was always talking about how they killed his brother.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (DE4TH @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 04:06)
just like there's no point to the severed head in the biker club

what?

Deagle1955
  • Deagle1955

I'm black so don't hate me pls

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Let's just pretend Lance had 3 brothers.

Niall
  • Niall

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by Niall, 26 May 2013 - 07:00 PM.

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 05:56)
QUOTE (DE4TH @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 04:06)
just like there's no point to the severed head in the biker club

what?

QUOTE (OlegWogo @ Friday, Nov 8 2002, 09:58)
...go into the Bar and take the mission.  Please note during the conversation with Mitch that there is a severed head on the floor of the Bar.

Mission: "Messing With The Man"@ :46.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users