Quantcast

» «
Photo

Favorite Pause Menu music

19 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Pause Menu Music do you like? (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Pause Menu Music do you like?

1. GTA IV (12 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. The Lost and Damned (7 votes [15.91%])

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

3. The Ballad of Gay Tony (25 votes [56.82%])

Percentage of vote: 56.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

Which one is your favorite? I can't decide on my favorite because I like all 3, But somehow I like TLaD's most because it's dark and creepy, my style inlove.gif especially when the horn-like sounds come during 0:54 it describes the Lost and it's outlaw lifestyle and Liberty City's dark side, I also like GTA IV because it kinda feels.....I don't know a bit depressive or something, It also describes Niko's dark past. TBoGT is also good, but not my favorite, It has a happy feeling and the music is really nice

Here are the musics.
GTA IV's

TLaD's

TBoGT's

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

TBOGT, it's nice to listen to and very soothing

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Yeah, tbogt, sometimes I pause the game just to listen to it

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

TboGT's is the best one, hands down.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Mine would be The Lost and Damned's by a long shot. Has an awesome sound to it. I love the part at 0:58, reminds me of Red Dead Redemption inlove.gif

Second would be IV, sounds quite good. In fact it would probably be the one i would listen to the most on an iPod.

Last and definitely least is The Ballad of Gay Tony which isn't much of a surprise considering i hate practically every thing about the singleplayer.

Thor110
  • Thor110

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

I don't understand how anyone in their right mind can hate TBoGT, whats better than a gold helicopter with missiles & gatling guns as well as an APC?

TBoGT definitely, calm and peaceful, the other menu musics are boring and practically nonexistant.

Thor110

P.S. oh yeah and an AA-12 with explosive rounds...

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Well I don't exactly hate TBoGT's I just liked it the least.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Thor110 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 23:12)
I don't understand how anyone in their right mind can hate TBoGT, whats better than a gold helicopter with missiles & gatling guns as well as an APC?

TBoGT definitely, calm and peaceful, the other menu musics are boring and practically nonexistant.

Thor110

My answer to that question from a different thread:

QUOTE (lzw3 @ different thread)
I hate it because it is just so stupid. The protagonist is my least favourite type of person in the world, an arrogant douchebag who is practically asking to be punched in the face. They turned Ray Bulgarin, a respectable, serious villain in IV into an over-the-top twat who plays the guitar. Characters like Yusuf Amir are only funny to preteen kids who have only played the Ballad.

The game ruined the dark grittiness of GTA 4's rendition of Liberty City. It just felt like an unneeded game. TLAD is awesome and is up there with IV in my opinion, I think they should have either left it at that DLC or chosen a different perspective of the story, possibly Ray Bulgarin or an unseen character in one of the European mafias, not a stuck-up Dominican and his idiotic friends.

More features doesn't mean a better game, and The Ballad of Gay Tony demonstrated this perfectly. The APC and parachutes were unneeded and unrealistic, and realism was something Rockstar were actually aiming for with IV and TLAD. The Ballad just ruined it for me.

Your naivety hurts. Just because it has more doesn't mean it's better.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 13:37)

Thor110

I hate it because it is just so stupid. The protagonist is my least favourite type of person in the world, an arrogant douchebag who is practically asking to be punched in the face. They turned Ray Bulgarin, a respectable, serious villain in IV into an over-the-top twat who plays the guitar. Characters like Yusuf Amir are only funny to preteen kids who have only played the Ballad.

The game ruined the dark grittiness of GTA 4's rendition of Liberty City. It just felt like an unneeded game. TLAD is awesome and is up there with IV in my opinion, I think they should have either left it at that DLC or chosen a different perspective of the story, possibly Ray Bulgarin or an unseen character in one of the European mafias, not a stuck-up Dominican and his idiotic friends.

More features doesn't mean a better game, and The Ballad of Gay Tony demonstrated this perfectly. The APC and parachutes were unneeded and unrealistic, and realism was something Rockstar were actually aiming for with IV and TLAD. The Ballad just ruined it for me.

And worst of all: Rocco doesn't die at the end, When he deserves to

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 00:58)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 13:37)

Thor110

And worst of all: Rocco doesn't die at the end, When he deserves to

That's because he will appear in GTA V

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

To me, ballad had the worst theme but for some reason has the best pause menu music.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by Werebot85, 26 April 2013 - 08:26 PM.

Pause menu music???? I don't think I've ever heard pause menu music.....

........ Or seen a pause menu lol.....

I play on PC so I hit ESC but there's no music? Is that the pause menu?

Mysterious?
  • Mysterious?

Some Person

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 20:14)
Pause menu music???? I don't think I've ever heard pause menu music.....

........ Or seen a pause menu lol.....

I play on PC so I hit ESC but there's no music? Is that the pause menu?

Duh, yes that's the pause menu.
The music will start to play after you stay in the pause menu for a while.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

TBOGT. It's quite relaxing, actually.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

Vanilla IV. Those menu sounds take me back to when I first got my PS3, to my room in my old house years ago. IV's menu sounds still give me the chills.

I love TBOGT's menu sounds as well. TLAD is my least favorite in most respects.

Free_Jonte
  • Free_Jonte

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

TBoGTs pause music, it sounds very calm and it has a good sound, not too much noise, I like it.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

TLAD, because it's so haunting and fits the game so well.

Alderney_Broker
  • Alderney_Broker

Alderney_Broker

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

I do enjoy TBoGT's pause screen however after so long it bugs me.

And IV's feels the most authentic for me, as in relates to the game the best. Has a middle European feel, which is Niko all over.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

TBOGT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TLAD >>>>>>> IV

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

I find TBOGT's pause music very irritating when I just want to do a second task with the game paused but I hear that synth music coming on after 5 seconds. GTA IV's music was perfect for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users