Photo

What we can expect on Tuesday.

31 replies to this topic
sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

I expect we will see at least a minute of footage from all three videos. Here are the past protagonist videos for anyone who hasn't seen them already.

Notice how they are all very different; showing very different worlds inside one game.

straightandfast
  • straightandfast

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

I think this is exactly what we'll get. 3 short videos showing the story/background of each character.

Luuno
  • Luuno

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

cookie.gif yup!

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Something like that..yes! turn.gif

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Yea thats what I am expecting.

UncleVlad
  • UncleVlad

Vice City Stories!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Luis trailer 0:29 "Slinging dope". tounge.gif

Gazabaza21
  • Gazabaza21

THERAPIST

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

I think they might show some gameplay and the way the change player mechanics will work

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Gazabaza21 @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 21:06)
I think they might show some gameplay and the way the change player mechanics will work

Anything is technically possible, but I wouldn't expect it, as R* almost never shows full-on gameplay footage (with HUD and all) of GTA games prior to release. There have been exceptions to my knowledge, but they weren't trailers like we're expecting. That said, we'll probably see bits of gameplay but in cinematic angles and without the HUD.

I'm not sure why people need the character switching mechanics demonstrated so badly, anyways. It's not difficult to understand and the game itself will have instructions as to how to do it. But we already know, anyways. There's a radial menu you pull up, which apparently has four slots but three are occupied by each protag. You then switch to the protag of your choice, presumably with the right analogue stick as that's how radial menus worked in RDR, then it goes up into the air then drops back down to the protag you chose. I don't think it's so complicated that it needs to be shown when R* has no history of showing things like this off when they introduced new mechanics into previous GTAs.

It's not a rant against you, I just see that request made pretty often and I don't understand why.

Gazabaza21
  • Gazabaza21

THERAPIST

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 21:12)

Anything is technically possible, but I wouldn't expect it, as R* almost never shows full-on gameplay footage (with HUD and all) of GTA games prior to release. There have been exceptions to my knowledge, but they weren't trailers like we're expecting. That said, we'll probably see bits of gameplay but in cinematic angles and without the HUD.

I'm not sure why people need the character switching mechanics demonstrated so badly, anyways. It's not difficult to understand and the game itself will have instructions as to how to do it. But we already know, anyways. There's a radial menu you pull up, which apparently has four slots but three are occupied by each protag. You then switch to the protag of your choice, presumably with the right analogue stick as that's how radial menus worked in RDR, then it goes up into the air then drops back down to the protag you chose. I don't think it's so complicated that it needs to be shown when R* has no history of showing things like this off when they introduced new mechanics into previous GTAs.

It's not a rant against you, I just see that request made pretty often and I don't understand why.

I know r* dont usually show gameplay footage of gta games pre release but as the old saying go's 'theres a first time for everything'. Im not too fussy about seeing the switch mechanic but if they do show actual gameplay then it will definitly feature, it could even be the gameplay demo that ign got to preview

rjmthe2nd
  • rjmthe2nd

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

I Think its gonna be 3 live action trailers.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (rjmthe2nd @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 22:05)
I Think its gonna be 3 live action trailers.

I would be highly annoyed.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, I just read that part of the preview again. It goes straight to the Google Earth (satellite view) as soon as you bring up the radial menu, so you can see where the other two protagonists are currently located. I'm guessing they stay within a certain boundary when you're not controlling them; Michael in Vinewood area, Franklin in South LS & Trevor in Blaine County.

People really need to reread the previews, because it just confirmed another thing I was questioning. You can access the internet via your phone (which seemed logical anyway).

Just To Clarify
  • Just To Clarify

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

I expect three trailers - about 1 minute each. Excited!

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Actually, I don't think Rockstar showed detailed pre-release gameplay footage of ANY of their games until Red Dead Redemption. Maybe very little companies in general did.

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

The thing I notice about the those three trailers, is that they seem to contain quite a bit of actual gameplay, as opposed to cut scenes. I imagine the trailers we receive next week will be mostly cut scenes like the trailers we have already gotten.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

I'm excited about this trailer which is perhaps the last one we'll see before release confused.gif

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

I'm looking forward to the new music they'll be playing in the background.

Geezers Need Excitement
  • Geezers Need Excitement

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

it's mad how time flies i remember first seeing the niko bellic trailer like it was yesterday, it's such an epic trailer.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Yes..a bit like that smile.gif

cody7799
  • cody7799

ES-RP V Officer

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 15:37)

Yeah, I just read that part of the preview again. It goes straight to the Google Earth (satellite view) as soon as you bring up the radial menu, so you can see where the other two protagonists are currently located. I'm guessing they stay within a certain boundary when you're not controlling them; Michael in Vinewood area, Franklin in South LS & Trevor in Blaine County.

People really need to reread the previews, because it just confirmed another thing I was questioning. You can access the internet via your phone (which seemed logical anyway).

A la Driver SF and Midnight Club LA when going to the map

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

@cody7799

Yeah, apart from when you switch during a mission (which is prompted), where you switch instantaneously.

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Im very interested to see this! On paper it sounds immersion breaking but knowing Rockstar it will probably be visually amazing.

Kahdir
  • Kahdir

Mid-Life Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Probably mentioned prior...

I'm guessing 3 trailers, one for each character, of the same scene/event. This will show how different a job can be from each character's point of view.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (Kahdir @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 12:51)

I'm guessing 3 trailers, one for each character, of the same scene/event. This will show how different a job can be from each character's point of view.

This seems plausible but that would be kinda lame. Basically it would be only one trailer and with versions from different angles. The same with some screenshots (helicopter approaching the FIB/IAA building or Trevor climbing on the Hollywood sign).

I much prefer more personal trailers to each characters. A bit of background, how they met each other (except we already seen taht scene with Trevor and Franklin in the second trailer) and what problems they have or something.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

That's what I expect it would be. Showing some background of each character.

Blood_Money
  • Blood_Money

Cártel de Los Santos

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Kahdir @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 10:51)

This what I expect also.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 10:56)

This seems plausible but that would be kinda lame. Basically it would be only one trailer and with versions from different angles. The same with some screenshots (helicopter approaching the FIB/IAA building or Trevor climbing on the Hollywood sign).

I much prefer more personal trailers to each characters. A bit of background, how they met each other (except we already seen taht scene with Trevor and Franklin in the second trailer) and what problems they have or something.

Yeah I hope (and believe) it will be three personal trailers.

Regarding game mechanics, as in, fighting or shooting for instance, I think we'll finally see it now. The game is under 5 months away - we're ready.

I hope they have three recognisable songs for each trailer - none of this underground stuff please Rockstar.

KiiWiiDeee
  • KiiWiiDeee

Liberty City's finest.

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yes, this is probably what we'll get tomorrow. However, can someone share the link confirming the previews on Thursday? Did CVG confirm it? Help please. suicidal.gif

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (KiiWiiDeee @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 15:57)
Yes, this is probably what we'll get tomorrow. However, can someone share the link confirming the previews on Thursday? Did CVG confirm it? Help please. suicidal.gif

Many sites have confirmed. Check news section. IGN is another

beaver guy
  • beaver guy

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 19:51)
QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 10:56)

Yeah I hope (and believe) it will be three personal trailers.

Regarding game mechanics, as in, fighting or shooting for instance, I think we'll finally see it now. The game is under 5 months away - we're ready.

I hope they have three recognisable songs for each trailer - none of this underground stuff please Rockstar.

ha ha,we dont want too much recognisable songs.on the road again by canned heat will be cool in trevors trailer.or maybe we can have fairwell to the fairground by white lies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users