Photo

Futurama Cancelled :(

81 replies to this topic
Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:30 PM Edited by Valenta, 28 June 2013 - 07:30 PM.

What's your favorite episode? Mine has to be Godfellas.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Luck of the Fryrish, with me, obviously. Jurassic Bark is great too. But as someone with brothers, and dogs, I go with brothers.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

^^^Those are both fantastic episodes.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

So, this sucks and all but Groening is going to shop it to other networks. Maybe Nutflicks will pick it up. I don't think the show is in anywhere near the decline that The Simpsons is in.

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Hasn't been an amazing new few episodes so far to kick off the second half of season 7, but it's still one of the better general comedies on tv right now.

Favourite episode for me is probably 300 big boys.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 28 June 2013 - 08:48 PM.

I don't get all the Simpsons hate?
One of the latest episodes "Dark Knight Court" is just as great as the classics. The Simpsons: Tapped Out is my most played game.

I still watch Simpsons a lot while I thought Futurama was a bit boring a while ago but now I love both.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 16:46)

Really? The show has 'The Comic Book Guy' who keeps track of everything...yet a new batch of writers thought they could come in and rewrite back story. That is why I stopped watching. You'd think the Comic Book Guy would have stepped in and said you can't rewrite how Marge and Homer met... for f*ck sake.

Maybe I'm just bitter and feel semi entitled since I watched them move from the Tracey Ullman show to their own 30 minutes.

I'm seriously going to miss Futurama. It would be nice if Fox picked it back up.

I'm not sure if I could ever pick my favorite episode. I could ramble off 100s of my favorite lines, but I'll spare ya'll.

And just for the record: I'm using a Bender Olde Fortran coaster for my beer at this very moment.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Goodbye Futurama, You were good while you lasted smile.gif

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 21:50)
Goodbye Futurama, You were good while you lasted smile.gif

It didn't last long enough, in my view.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

does anyone know when it comes back on australian tv?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 13:47)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 16:46)

Really? The show has 'The Comic Book Guy' who keeps track of everything...yet a new batch of writers thought they could come in and rewrite back story. That is why I stopped watching. You'd think the Comic Book Guy would have stepped in and said you can't rewrite how Marge and Homer met... for f*ck sake.

Maybe I'm just bitter and feel semi entitled since I watched them move from the Tracey Ullman show to their own 30 minutes.

I'm seriously going to miss Futurama. It would be nice if Fox picked it back up.

I'm not sure if I could ever pick my favorite episode. I could ramble off 100s of my favorite lines, but I'll spare ya'll.

And just for the record: I'm using a Bender Olde Fortran coaster for my beer at this very moment.

Yeah, it's almost like the Simpsons is a completely different cartoon. Which is why I think it should have been cancelled ten years or more ago, and then they could have just made a new cartoon. I think Futurama was probably going to be that. I figure Groening thought that the Simpsons would eventually fall and he could just do Futurama. But Fox thought differently.

As for Futurama, I love the show, but I'd rather see it fall naturally, like the Simpsons should have, instead of making it go on forever.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:59 PM Edited by Valenta, 29 June 2013 - 06:03 PM.

^^^ As much as I hate to say it, The Simpsons will probably be dead before this decade is out.
Agree with you with Futurama. Let it die in peace so we can all remember it fondly.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:54 PM Edited by Werebot85, 29 June 2013 - 07:05 PM.

QUOTE (Valenta @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 21:30)

I would say my favorite episode is probably Roswell That Ends Well.

I also loved Parasites Lost

Btw, who are your favorite characters? Mine are:

Prof Farnsworth (God he's funny lol.gif ), Fry, Bender, Zoidberg and Leela (I like all the regulars, but these are my top 5)

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:24 PM Edited by Valenta, 29 June 2013 - 08:30 PM.

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 18:54)

Prof Farnsworth (God he's funny lol.gif ), Fry, Bender, Zoidberg and Leela (I like all the regulars, but these are my top 5)

My top 5:

1. Bender Bending Rodríguez - Bite my shiny metal ass!
2. Professor Farnsworth - If anyone needs me I'll be in the Angry Dome.
3. Philip J. Fry - No, I'm - doesn't.
4. Dr. John A. Zoidberg - My name isn't Slick! It's Zoidberg! JOHN F***G ZOIDBERG!!
5. Turanga Leela - Look, I don't know about your previous captains, but I intend to do as little dying as possible.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 21:30)

I would say my favorite episode is probably Roswell That Ends Well.

I also loved Parasites Lost

Zapp Brannigan and Zoidberg are my top 2
Favourite episode has to be the Popplers one or Teenage Mutant Leela Turtles

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:41 AM Edited by Valenta, 30 June 2013 - 08:49 AM.

Prof Farnsworth (God he's funny lol.gif )

Found this and thought you'd enjoy it:

Also this:

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:59 AM Edited by Werebot85, 01 July 2013 - 02:02 PM.

LOL!

I also found this from that calendar shoot episode lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

One of the funniest Farnsworth moments ever was in the Bender's Game movie, when he screamed LOL!!! I tried to find a good quality vid...

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

One of my favorite Farnsworth scenes:

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

I like Fry and Hermes are my favorites.

GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Is anybody actually enjoying this season? I for one don't like it so far, I feel that the episodes are not that funny. Also, I feel like the whole thing between Fry and Leela is forced and came out of nowhere, I thought that it would progress throughout the season, but out of nowhere in episode two Leela actually cares about Fry. I know she had mixed feelings for a while about him, but I thought their relationship escalated far too quickly. I'm also disappointed that Farnsworth and Zoidberg aren't getting any funny one liners in, and I loved those in the older episodes. Am I alone on these thoughts?

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

I like Scruffy The Janitor

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Finnaly it's coming back on Aussie TV

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by Werebot85, 17 July 2013 - 02:38 PM.

QUOTE (GTAfiveFAN @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 15:24)
Is anybody actually enjoying this season? I for one don't like it so far, I feel that the episodes are not that funny. Also, I feel like the whole thing between Fry and Leela is forced and came out of nowhere, I thought that it would progress throughout the season, but out of nowhere in episode two Leela actually cares about Fry. I know she had mixed feelings for a while about him, but I thought their relationship escalated far too quickly. I'm also disappointed that Farnsworth and Zoidberg aren't getting any funny one liners in, and I loved those in the older episodes. Am I alone on these thoughts?

The final season has not yet started in my country. Chances are I'll get it on dvd before they show it on tv here.

But if Fry and Leela are now in a serious relationship, I don't think it's rushed or sudden or whatever. They've been trying to do that since the first season lol. If it feels rushed, it's probably because this is the final season and << SPOILER ALERT!!! >> I've already read what happens in the very last episode. (This is not really a spoiler, but whatever lol! But it is something fans have been asking for since forever)

Unfortunately the writers had to write the final episodes knowing that this is the final season. Thanks a lot Comedy Central suicidal.gif

I don't even know what I'm talking about because I haven't seen any of the new episodes, but no matter what, I think I'll still enjoy it...

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 13:59)
^^^ As much as I hate to say it, The Simpsons will probably be dead before this decade is out.
Agree with you with Futurama. Let it die in peace so we can all remember it fondly.

It's too bad some shows make their TV stay longer than it should have been. The Simpsons started to go downhill after they
released the Movie in 2007 imo. To be honest the other day I just watched a full Simpsons episode for the first time in years
and it's just not the same. But apparently a lot of people still watch it for them to keep it on...

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

I liked last nights episode, the scooby-doo parody was pretty funny. Oh and 'Bort' lol.gif

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 17:14)
But apparently a lot of people still watch it for them to keep it on...

For how long, though?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 16:04)
QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 17:14)
But apparently a lot of people still watch it for them to keep it on...

For how long, though?

Last year or the year before(I can't recall) Fox renewed The Simpsons for 2 more seasons.
So after that it's either farewell or hmm let's extend this out longer.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

On the heels of finding out that the Simpsons will appear on Family Guy, the big announcement today is that there will be a Futurama crossover episode of The Simpsons, which was welcome news to attendees. That episode of The Simpsons will record next month and either air as the Season 25 finale next May or the Season 26 premiere fall 2014.

http://au.ign.com/ar...source=facebook

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

I've always really enjoyed Futurama, I remember when I first watched it I thought it was The Simpsons in the future, I realized quickly it wasn't, and as I got older I enjoyed it more. It's like a more mature version of The Simpsons with wittier jokes and such, it's also got a better storyline that is just a little more meaningful than The Simpsons, I mean storyline isn't really what you look for in these shows, but it definitely makes it more interesting after watching many seasons. I haven't watched Futurama religiously or anything, But it's always a safe bet when I bother to watch TV.

I read all the replies here and I noticed everyone wants it to keep going. Personally I think Futurama has more potential avenues to chase than the Simpsons, but similarly, they should end it just like Seinfeld while it's good, not when it goes downhill like The Simpsons.

My favourite quote from Futurama is from the Robot Santa episode Xmas Story, Fry purchases a bird for Leela's birthday and Fry drops the cage on the way home and the bird escapes. Fry then picks up the cage and yells:
"I know where you live!" While shaking an angry fist hahaha!

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 06:59)
On the heels of finding out that the Simpsons will appear on Family Guy, the big announcement today is that there will be a Futurama crossover episode of The Simpsons, which was welcome news to attendees. That episode of The Simpsons will record next month and either air as the Season 25 finale next May or the Season 26 premiere fall 2014.

http://au.ign.com/ar...source=facebook

Very interesting!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users