Futurama Cancelled :(

81 replies to this topic
GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

http://www.forbes.co...a-is-cancelled/
It appears that Futurama has been cancelled after somewhat recently being renewed. This really sucks as I feel Futurama is the best animated comedy on TV, and now it'll be gone. One more season is on the way though, mainly to play as the wrap up season, including Fry and Leela getting married along with numerous guest voice actors. Share your thoughts below!

Shogun Of Japan
  • Shogun Of Japan

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Is there more episodes after the ones airing in June? I also think Simpsons is being canned to because that show is outdated, so I hope they can that in 2014 as well. I will miss Futurama because it still has potential unlike Simpsons.

GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Shogun Of Japan @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 21:50)
Is there more episodes after the ones airing in June? I also think Simpsons is being canned to because that show is outdated, so I hope they can that in 2014 as well. I will miss Futurama because it still has potential unlike Simpsons.

I believe it will be done after the season in June and throughout the summer. I hope another channel can pick them up and Groening and crew are willing to make more episodes.

Loman
  • Loman

Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Piiiiie

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

I love futurama, but really, all of the new episodes seem to end with fry and leela not together, but with some token of their love lasting forever. Not a complaint, just an observation, ha ha. I wish it could last longer, but if it ends I won't be too angry if they do it right. (I dealt with my futurama grief the first time it was cancelled)
The simpsons has run its course, tbh. it was a critical part of my childhood and it's sad to see it go, but they have 26 years of reruns to fall back on, so they'll still be around for a long time. Whatever they put on sundays at 8pm better be epic... they'll probably just move family guy though

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

Futurama deserves 30 seasons like the Simpsons.

Shogun Of Japan
  • Shogun Of Japan

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

Is simpsons still being canceled, because it's pretty much gone since it has like 25 seasons or so, that's MASH crazy numbers. I hope somebody else picks up Futurama to make new episodes again, so they can make it to Season 10 at least, since I think technically they are at Season 7 OFFICIALLY anyways. I will watch the new episodes this summer like crazy then, as I have all of the new episodes, just need to collect older ones.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Don't scare me like that. I thought they won't release any episodes this summer. Can't wait for the conclusion of Futurama.

I kinda knew this would be the last season though.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

That guy who eats pizza at flea markets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 18:42)
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

This. What a waste. I really loved this show. Adult Swim needs to buy it back and let it continue.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

It was an amazing show, I did love the new episodes I saw a few years ago but stopped watching since then. Will definitely watch the last season with my dad as he's also a big fan.

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

New episodes never beat the classics. They had some winners though, like The Late Phillip J. Fry. Episode always gets me mad wet.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

I hope another channel picks it up. I'd rather watch Futurama than another Seth cartoon. The quality has lowered a bit with Futurama but it still ranks higher than most of it's competition in my opinion.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Why can't Futurama have as much love as the Simpsons eh?

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

I heard this the other day. I was extremely sad.
It's one of my favourite shows. The pure brilliance, the emotion, the style of Humor completely different to any other show makes this show have a special place in my heart.
It was cancelled a little early, bit then again if it was kept on for more seasons it might get dragged out and run into the ground like the simpsons.
Or it might get picked up again. Either way, I'm exited for the finale

Shogun Of Japan
  • Shogun Of Japan

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I hope finale will be BANG BANG good or the show will be picked up again if not.. anyways is it true Simpsons is being canceled too? Since I want IT to be canceled, if Futurama is.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

I loved both of those shows but nothing can't last forever.Hope that the y will go with the bang,they deserve it. And what ever next project Groening make that will be the same quality like Simpsons and Futurama. Maybe two ending movies?

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

I'm glad Simpsons is getting canned, it's been dead to me since around season 10. I used to love Futurama and I watched the first "new" season that was playing after the four movies. I just gave up on it after that.

MassacreGTA
  • MassacreGTA

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Wow, I'm late. I just discovered this show 2 months ago and now it's going to be cancelled. sad.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

Wait what?
Everywhere online it says that Season 7 is the last but I'm watching the first episode of Season 8 on TV right now.
Does this mean it's not cancelled or is the finale for Season 8 still on September 4?

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Futurama has potential to be a really great movie, I hope they do that after the finale sometime.

I know of the four movies on DVD. benders big score was best, but they could write an epic storyline, Starwars epic!

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 13:26)
Wait what?
Everywhere online it says that Season 7 is the last but I'm watching the first episode of Season 8 on TV right now.
Does this mean it's not cancelled or is the finale for Season 8 still on September 4?

There is broadcast season and production season, which confuses hell a lot of people. I don't know why they did this though. They are basically the same, except in broadcast season, they move some episodes to another season.

Current production season: Season 6
Current broadcast season: Season 8

So this summer, season 7 will be the last production season and probably season 9 will be the last broadcast season.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by Werebot85, 03 June 2013 - 08:36 AM.

I love Futurama! sad.gif Pretty sad it's been cancelled... again!

Though I'm sure it'll be back someday... hopefully. The creators said they'll be talking to new studios. Fingers crossed!!!

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:17 AM

Still can't believe that this has happened again, even though it was going to happen at some point. I only hope that it doesn't get brought back, it'll only end up getting cancelled for a third time if this is anything to go by. I wouldn't be able to bear it if that happened.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

Maybe it's the angry nostalgic asshole in me, but I didn't really care for the recent seasons. On Netflix I can watch the first three seasons and be entertained, but anything after that just isn't as funny. confused.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 03:17)
Maybe it's the angry nostalgic asshole in me, but I didn't really care for the recent seasons. On Netflix I can watch the first three seasons and be entertained, but anything after that just isn't as funny. confused.gif

I liked the later episodes as they had a deeper meaning. I agree they probably weren't as funny though.

Shame it's getting cancelled but atleast it's not gonna go down the road of The Simpsons and everything else which goes on for too long which is pretty much everything.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

I just watched "Luck of the Fryrish". I've seen it a dozen or more times, and the end always makes me shed a tear.
  • F4L? likes this

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:44 AM Edited by Valenta, 05 June 2013 - 05:02 PM.

^^^Jurassic Bark has always done exactly the same to me, even more so now that I own two dogs. I simply can't watch the last scene without breaking down.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 08:44)
^^^Jurassic Bark has always done exactly the same to me, even more so now that I own two dogs. I simply can't watch the last scene without breaking down.

Agreed! Pretty sad ending lol!!! If only Fry knew....

I actually thought while watching this episode that the dog will become a new permanent addition to Futurama. Was a bit disappointed when it didn't happen.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

Furutrama gets cancled, and The Simpsons, which hasn't been good for about 13/14 years is still running?

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 07:03)
QUOTE (Valenta @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 08:44)

Agreed! Pretty sad ending lol!!! If only Fry knew....

I actually thought while watching this episode that the dog will become a new permanent addition to Futurama. Was a bit disappointed when it didn't happen.

Same here. Before my dog died a few years ago I refused to watch that episode when he was getting old and still cant watch it now sad.gif .

If I had to name an episode to call my favourite, it probably would be The Sting because it feels like you've watched a feature length movie by the time it ends. Even though it's 20 minutes long. There are a few episodes like that actually and how they manage to do it is beyond me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users