Photo

GTA IV PC TBoGT Starting Issues

7 replies to this topic
boboatpoint
  • boboatpoint

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

I tried to search this on the internet but came back no luck.
I am NOT new to GTA and I played it on XBOX all the time. I recently bought a computer and installed GTA IV(Original) with Windows LIVE game client. Then I thought it would be nice to play TBoGT on pc, even though I already beat it on XBOX. But at first I had issues with starting TBoGT; after download completes, I clicked Episodes From Liberty City- The Ballad of Gay Tony, but instead of starting the game, the windows LIVE guide popped out and telling me that I have downloaded this item before, I only have a option to Redownload, or Cancel. I was confused and clicked redownload, and it took me to the Windows LIVE client again, to perform a download. I waited patiently for it to download, then started the game. But unfortunately it keep telling me that I 'have downloaded the item before'. Sometimes after I downloaded, a windows live notification pops out says; new content available, but it is impossible to start the game. It keeps telling me that I havn't download this addon, which I have already download it multiple times, and on Windows LIVE client it says it is installed. Obviously something has gone wrong. I did re-installed the whole game.
BTW I have GTA IV 1.0.7.0 updated version.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Міro
  • Міro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Have you tried installing the Games for Windows Live Update & the Episodes from Liberty City Patch 1.1.2.0?

boboatpoint
  • boboatpoint

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

No, But i'll sure try. Thanks for the fast helping reply.

boboatpoint
  • boboatpoint

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:32 PM Edited by boboatpoint, 23 April 2013 - 09:05 PM.

I just found out my GFWLIVE is the latest one, and I have the TBoGT as an add-on to GTA IV, I don't have the Episodes From Liberty City game, what i said about EFLC is an option in GTA IV 1.0.7.0 version game. And I reinstalled the addon as we speak, still ask me to download it again.

Міro
  • Міro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hmm, maybe try out xliveless?

VerteX123
  • VerteX123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

I have the same problem. Can anyone help please?

computertech82
  • computertech82

PowerHouse

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

Games for Windows Live has been dicontinued my microsloth last month. Older games that used the gfwl will never work again. Only option is calling microsloth for a workaround (if any).

VerteX123
  • VerteX123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Finally I solved this problem! I deleted Xlive registry keys ([HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Xlive]), uninstalled Games for Windows Live and then installed it. Now I can play TBoGT! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users