Do you believe in Aliens and/or Ghosts?

59 replies to this topic
Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

Yes to both.

Aliens, well, all the logical reasons why the can/do exist have already been said.

Ghosts, yes also. I have had a couple of experiences which have been enough for me to believe in them.

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 16:20)
QUOTE (Devyl @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 10:25)
so basically there's a googol possible planets out there.

Although I agree with your main point, this is actually kinda wrong. A googol is 10^100 and the number of particles in the universe is estimated to be 10^82 (though this may be just observable universe).

But yeah, probably aliens out there. Most likely just simple life though I'd say.

ok, so maybe a googol is a bit much, but there's almost infinitely more planets out there than we can count. And the chance that there's life somewhere out there is highly probable. It doesn't have to be humanoid. Even microbial life counts. And as we've discovered in our own oceans, there are entire colonies of basic life forms that can thrive off of "alternative" forms of energy such as methane instead of oxygen.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

I'm Jamaican, so yeah... I believe in all that sh*t... JK, but I do believe in spirits. And I do not believe in the common concept of aliens...

Not 100% sure that sh*t is real, but by far the scariest thing I have ever seen. You never know what's out there. Stay safe.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Aliens? Absolutely. Whether or not there's any "intelligent" life out there is a complete mystery. I think it's stupid to think Earth is the only planet in the universe with life on it, out of billions and billions of other planets that exist elsewhere.

Ghosts? I don't know. I guess not, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

To be accepted in the community you have to be blind

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Hotband @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 00:03)
Anybody that doesn't believe in aliens is an idiot, There is like what? 300 billion galaxies in the observable universe? Surely there is something out there.

have you ever been in outer space? as long as NASA tells me their same bullsh*t stories, I'd rather believe in ghosts than in an "infinite" universe.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Hotband @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 01:03)
Anybody that doesn't believe in aliens is an idiot, There is like what? 300 billion galaxies in the observable universe? Surely there is something out there.

Anyone who mis-uses logic in this way is the real idiot.

Belief in aliens is the same as belief in any other unprovable construct. Pure faith, nothing more.

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

I believe both in aliens and ghosts because there sometimes happen some unexplainable things and it makes you believe in it.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Sometimes thing break or fall without even touching it so I don't now might be "wind".

Gower0077
  • Gower0077

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

yea but not sure on ailens

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Maybe, but I'm not scared. sigh.gif

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

I do believe in both. In regards to Aliens, I think it is a bit Naive to think that we are the ONLY living things in the entire, endless universe. I just wish that there was some top notch evidence on the existence of Aliens. If there is, I must have missed it.

I also believe in Ghosts and I love apparitions altogether. Pretty sure when I was a kid I saw a few ghosts.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

It's actually pretty likely that we are alone in the universe. If there is something else we can call life out there, odds are overwhelming that they wouldn't be from a planet like earth, and thus would be radically different to the point that communication with them would be impossible, or just totally pointless. If they are from a planet like earth, and that planet happened to produce life (very, very, very slim odds on top of the already slim odds that another planet exactly like earth exists) then their evolutionary path would have been completely different from our own, and odds are they wouldn't communicate with language or have social structures.

In summation: alien life probably wouldn't be worth our time, since if they are "intelligent" they might not be out kind of intelligent.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by Mr.Mister, 08 May 2013 - 12:07 AM.

Aliens part of a government cover-up? No.
Flying saucers? Aboslutely.
Ghosts? Not sure...

In my old house, my brothers and I had our bedrooms in the basement and parents were on the main floor. I spent evenings watching movies in the play area and in the corner of my right eye I can see the stairs and the railing. One night I was watching and suddenly I noticed a shadow on one of the highest stairs. I thought it was a shadow coming from the light of the TV screen. It's still there and I look and I see it move up. My heart drops and I look behind me... nothing. The pair of feet came down again, I would look and it would quickly go up. It stopped after 3 times. I asked my mom and dad if it was them and said they were asleep at the time. Several weeks later, my mom is walking up to the main floor and when she turned the corner on the stairs, a pitch black tall figure was right in front of her. The lights were on. She blinked and it was gone.

tl;dr: Shadows at my old house

My UFO expereience. May 2012

Jut got off work on my first day at a trucking/warehouse depot. Me and a few people sneak into the back lot and hop into one of the open trailers and proceeded to blaze some weed in it. I'm sitting at the edge and look up, watching a helicopter go by. Suddenly, a black dot catches my eye. It was very high up and almost hard to see. I got my friends to see it and we all stared at it for a couple minutes. We all saw the dot just float there and vanish. What the f*ck man??!!

dirty dollar bill
  • dirty dollar bill

Radio, what's new?

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Devyl @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 04:25)
Think about this. We have over 100 billion stars in our one galaxy, the Milky Way with possible orbiting planets. There are millions, if not billions, of galaxies out there. so basically there's a googol possible planets out there. And to think that we are truly alone is absurd.

That's how I feel about it. It creates too strong of a possibility that there's a planet or moon out there with at least the simplest form of life on it.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

Yes to both. I've been an amature paranormal investigator for a few years. And yeah Ancient Aliens does have some ridiculous things, but there are some points extremely interesting and thought provoking.

So anyway, yeah. I believe.

RipeDex
  • RipeDex

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

I believe in the Holy Ghost. I believe also that people can see spirits, but sometimes they may or may not be from God

My uncle saw an apparition of my Deceased grandfather before, He couldn't believe his eyes

As for Aliens, No I don't believe there is such a thing, But Bigfoot, Yeah!!

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Well, if there are ghosts, and they're invisible and deadly, then what about farts? Don't they count as ghosts too?

I mean farts are invisible and deadly too, right?

dirty dollar bill
  • dirty dollar bill

Radio, what's new?

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 22:20)
Well, if there are ghosts, and they're invisible and deadly, then what about farts? Don't they count as ghosts too?

I mean farts are invisible and deadly too, right?

I suppose farts could be the ghosts of what we just ate. You might be on to something.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

Never saw a ghost, so I don't believe.

I am one of those "Don't believe it till I see it" people.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

I wouldn't say ghosts are deadly. Unless you count those silly "possessions". I see it more of residual energy caught in time or maybe a spirit who is stuck in time. I could go on about theories and possible evidence, but all of it is usually subjected to severe criticism anyway. Some of us are either believers or not, same as many other things. I'm fine being to myself about those things other than saying I believe.

Aliens though...we gotta find them sometime. Even if it was just some sort of animal species. Microbial life doesn't excite me much. I want to see some real creatures.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

As is often said, I believe it's incredibly arrogant, and close minded to think Earth is the only planet in the entire universe that has life.

As for ghosts. No. At least not in the popular way of thinking.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

I really don't extraterrestrial life although there have been signs of showing years ago since there is no scientific evidence of their existence during one of NASAs expedition in space or it could just be conspiracy. But I do believe in ghosts actually, since ghosts can sometimes be refer as dead souls.

nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Ghosts? Not a chance. When you're dead you're dead, and the maggots eat you.

Aliens? I don't believe in them, but I think it's very naive to completely dismiss the idea. Once outside the earth's atmosphere, there's a f*cking huge area that no one can even begin to imagine how vast it is. Only a fractional size of this area has actually been "discovered" by astronomers. So the chances that there may be other living beings should be statistically quite high when you really think about it. Like I said, I don't believe in aliens, but I'm open to the possibility that they might exist.

nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 01:03)
Jut got off work on my first day at a trucking/warehouse depot. Me and a few people sneak into the back lot and hop into one of the open trailers and proceeded to blaze some weed in it. I'm sitting at the edge and look up, watching a helicopter go by. Suddenly, a black dot catches my eye. It was very high up and almost hard to see. I got my friends to see it and we all stared at it for a couple minutes. We all saw the dot just float there and vanish. What the f*ck man??!!

A mosquito?

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

I used to believe in ghosts when I was younger. I was sh*t scared of them. I watched films like the Sixth Sense and the Exorcist and they scared the absolute sh*t out of me. I used to watch Most Haunted with my mum and sister as well, and goddamn that used to scare me. And when I found out that Derek Acorah was actually a real person, I think that was probably the scariest moment of my life.

I was seriously scared of ghosts though, I'd wet my bed because I was too scared to get up in the middle of the night and go to the toilet. And if I did pluck up the courage, I'd close my eyes really tight and feel my way to the bathroom like a blind person so that there was no chance of me seeing one. I'd feel my way to the toilet bowl and sit down and pee. Of course there was the one time when I was really tired, and ended up wandering into my sister's room. But the less said about that incident, the better.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 15:56)
Of course there was the one time when I was really tired, and ended up wandering into my sister's room. But the less said about that incident, the better.

Haha!

I did the same thing while sleep-walking!

I peed in my brother's closet.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

I believe in aliens, weather they be intelligent life forms or merely bacteria, when you consider how large our universe alone is, consider how many planets and galaxies there are, consider how little of space we have seen, it is kind of illogical to not believe in aliens of some kind.

I don't however believe aliens have visited us. And i don't believe in ghosts.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

I definitely believe in ghosts, but it's not what we call them in my religion. Aliens, maybe, since it's illogical to believe we are the only living beings in the universe. Earth is like a tiny particle compared to the size of our galaxy alone. Some people think you can calculate the size of the universe and rule out the possibilities, those people are idiots.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 21:46)
I wouldn't say ghosts are deadly. Unless you count those silly "possessions". I see it more of residual energy caught in time or maybe a spirit who is stuck in time. I could go on about theories and possible evidence, but all of it is usually subjected to severe criticism anyway. Some of us are either believers or not, same as many other things. I'm fine being to myself about those things other than saying I believe.

Aliens though...we gotta find them sometime. Even if it was just some sort of animal species. Microbial life doesn't excite me much. I want to see some real creatures.

I have always wanted to go on a ghost hunt, but most haunted areas require you to either tresspass or beg the owner to do an investigation.

Unfortunately, things like conservation of energy do not properly explain the ghost phenomenon, once you examine it. Plenty of sightings yet hardly any proof to back it, makes you wonder what we are missing...

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (kev210 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 00:53)
QUOTE (Togrul @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 14:15)
and/or

Wat? And they are both supposed to be sexy, no doubt.

lol

Yes i belive in Galiens

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users