Do you believe in Aliens and/or Ghosts?

59 replies to this topic
Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

I believe in Aliens smile.gif and i believe in Ghosts at night when i'm home alone.lol ph34r.gif

Toğrul
  • Toğrul

Yeaah

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

and/or

Wat? And they are both supposed to be sexy, no doubt.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Togrul @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 14:15)
and/or

Wat? And they are both supposed to be sexy, no doubt.

lol

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Think about this. We have over 100 billion stars in our one galaxy, the Milky Way with possible orbiting planets. There are millions, if not billions, of galaxies out there. so basically there's a googol possible planets out there. And to think that we are truly alone is absurd.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

I surely believe in ghosts, but not sure about aliens.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Devyl @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 10:25)
Think about this. We have over 100 billion stars in our one galaxy, the Milky Way with possible orbiting planets. There are millions, if not billions, of galaxies out there. so basically there's a googol possible planets out there. And to think that we are truly alone is absurd.

It is absurd to think we are alone, but equally absurd to claim that we categorically cannot be. The simple fact of the matter is we know too little of the factors involved to be able to estimate whether we are or not

Anyway, this topic is a repost.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Question - In 2023, there will apparently be an expedition to Mars in which four humans will travel to the red planet and set up the first colony.
If two of the colonialists mate and produce a child, that child will be the first Martian - having been born on a planet separate to Earth.

If this child is the first Martian, would that technically make him the first 'alien' we would have contact with? At least in a technical sense?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

I have a irrational fear of ghosts.

That said, I guess I have to believe in ghosts to have that fear. I believe in ghosts because I can't explain some of the crazy sh*t that happens sometimes. Like that plant that always makes sound, definitely a ghost.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

I believe in both to a light degree, but more so 'Aliens' it's ignorant to think we are the only things out there.

A more important question why is your avatar pretending you're banned, I think it's time you were banned.
Or at the very least stopped with all the stupid topics that have no actual content.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:27 AM Edited by zoo3891, 23 April 2013 - 10:36 AM.

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 06:03)
Question - In 2023, there will apparently be an expedition to Mars in which four humans will travel to the red planet and set up the first colony.
If two of the colonialists mate and produce a child, that child will be the first Martian - having been born on a planet separate to Earth.

If this child is the first Martian, would that technically make him the first 'alien' we would have contact with? At least in a technical sense?

Sure, but they'll only technically be an alien. They won't have any cool other-worldly history, culture, or technology to tell us about, just what their parents bring them up with.

I've never seen any convincing proof for or against either of them. If aliens do exist they obviously don't have a huge effect on us (well except the reptilians, of course), but I did really like reading about alien encounters when I was a kid.

The real question is, do you guys believe in Atlanteans? I believe that American settlers were actually Atlanteans who rose up out of the sea. I mean just think how different people in Oklahoma are from people in London. It's obvious we can't actually be from Europe. It would also explain how we developed technologies like electricity and mass-production, it's because we'd previously lived in a 14,000 year old city that needed efficiency to survive in the first place, so after a safe time we just started applying technology from the home land to our society.

The Japanese were also taken over by Atlanteans during WWI. That's how they developed so much technology and such a great economy in so little time. And also how they went from Samurais in Sukiya-zukuris to salarymen in skyscrapers.

ArmedJudas47
  • ArmedJudas47

JamieRose

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

I believe in ghost and aliens

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

I believe in ghosts as I came face to face with something that had no other explanation multiple times, and aliens probably do exist.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:48 AM Edited by sivispacem, 23 April 2013 - 10:56 AM.

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 11:27)
Atlanteans

I assume this bit was a joke? Given that you've said "Americans are descended from them, and they brought all these new discoveries", and then listed a load of things that weren't discovered or invented by Americans.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:49 AM Edited by Raavi, 23 April 2013 - 12:11 PM.

I believe in Aliens as it is basically inconceivable that we, as in the human race, are the only life form: intelligent or otherwise in our solar system, let alone the entire universe which happens to be endless. I also firmly believe that some of the technological, scientific advancements in the past, say for example: around the egyptian era, are influenced by extraterrestrial intelligent lifeforms as is evident in Egyptian hieroglyphs and structures.

And as far as ghosts go.. I'm on the fence, it seems so unlikely, but that heavily contradicts what I've experienced on multiple occasions. So I can't give a definitive answer.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

To be honest I think Aliens are a total myth... but Ghosts do creep me the hell out at times, including stories about them

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 13:20)
To be honest I think Aliens are a total myth... but Ghosts do creep me the hell out at times, including stories about them

Do you really think we're the only life form, be it intelligent or otherwise in the entire universe? Why is that, can you substantiate that?

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 08:23)
QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 13:20)

Do you really think we're the only life form, be it intelligent or otherwise in the entire universe? Why is that, can you substantiate that?

Honestly I know there is something out there but not Aliens.. maybe a parallel universe to us

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Aliens, yes. Ghosts, maybe.

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Not to be pedantic, but "Do you believe in life elsewhere in the universe?" is much less loaded question. I do. But I don't believe in greys, UFO spaceships, abductions and any of the other fiction that is often associated with the term 'alien'.

Ghosts? No. Not a chance.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Devyl @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 10:25)
so basically there's a googol possible planets out there.

Although I agree with your main point, this is actually kinda wrong. A googol is 10^100 and the number of particles in the universe is estimated to be 10^82 (though this may be just observable universe).

But yeah, probably aliens out there. Most likely just simple life though I'd say.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

The real question is, do you guys believe in Atlanteans? I believe that American settlers were actually Atlanteans who rose up out of the sea. I mean just think how different people in Oklahoma are from people in London. It's obvious we can't actually be from Europe. It would also explain how we developed technologies like electricity and mass-production, it's because we'd previously lived in a 14,000 year old city that needed efficiency to survive in the first place, so after a safe time we just started applying technology from the home land to our society.

No. That's so inane, you have to be joking. Let aside the fact that London has existed for a couple thousand years, and that the situations in London, being an established city, and Oklahoma, being recently colonized, made for different styles of living and necessities. I also fail to see the connection that that's the explanation to how electricity was developed, even though one of the two major inventors in the electricity field was not even born in America.

The Japanese were also taken over by Atlanteans during WWI. That's how they developed so much technology and such a great economy in so little time. And also how they went from Samurais in Sukiya-zukuris to salarymen in skyscrapers.

Because that had nothing to do with the restoration made by under the Meiji Emperor's reign, it HAD to be some other race that suddenly and so swiftly took over the entire population to effect that change. No. Samurai disappeared as the nation transitioned in it's political ways, and technological evolution was deemed as the only way Japan could become a world power after WW2, and Japanese companies worked towards that.

I really hope you were trolling, because, seriously.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Barguast @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 13:00)
Not to be pedantic, but "Do you believe in life elsewhere in the universe?" is much less loaded question. I do. But I don't believe in greys, UFO spaceships, abductions and any of the other fiction that is often associated with the term 'alien'.

Ghosts? No. Not a chance.

This.

The sheer vastness of the universe would seem to suggest that somewhere out there are other lifeforms... perhaps even intelligent life like ourselves. However, this vastness also makes it highly unlikely that we have or will ever encounter alien life. Space travel just takes way too long. Yes, I'm aware of wormholes, but they are purely theoretical constructs based on a purely theoretical physical construct (spacetime) that will most likely be obsolete someday (like ether, phlogiston, and other scientific postulations that once worked, but no longer mesh with emerging theories). If I was a betting man, I'd wager than mankind will never encounter intelligent life before its extinction, even if we manage to become a space-faring race.

Xylophobia
  • Xylophobia

To be accepted in the community you have to be blind

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Aliens = ghosts, so no is the answer.

WhatThe?
  • WhatThe?

GTA V

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Aliens, yes. Ghosts, no.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

To an extent I would say I believe in Ghosts but I have the same dilemma as I have with God. I don't fully believe in them

ForumName
  • ForumName

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

user posted image
Aliens you say?

Joking aside, has anyone really seen that show Ancient Aliens? It's kind of interesting, some of the points they make are laughable, although others really make you think. Aliens more then likely exist somewhere, though I have my doubts as to if they have visited us or not.

As for ghosts, I do believe that demons will sometimes toy with us, may parents have had some real bad experiences with them, though I have yet to have any, and never want to. The paranormal is a very, very weird subject. There are many cases of things such as possessions and countless stories of hauntings, yet there is no scientific evidence to back it up so it falls under the realm of religion and therefor many people refuse to believe it simply because of that.

Shogun Of Japan
  • Shogun Of Japan

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Ghost is paranormal/Urban myths culture.

Alien is big term, and alien is not what we know yet, we will one day soon find out, but our current lives probably won't see it.

Also I believe that we have Alien DNA so we are hybrids mixed with Dumb species DNA, so that's why we have idiot people. I also believe the Gods are Extraterrestrials themselves so they can take on any form.

ThirstyHyena
  • ThirstyHyena

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Aliens - absolutely, seen a UFO which I believe was of ET origin, ghosts - nope.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 10:27)

Dear God, you're joking?
I find it hard to believe we're the only life forms in the vastness of space, although we seem to have a very self centered, small minded view of what they may be. There's nothing to say they would look like any creature we know, much less humanoid, Grey like aliens, given that they've evolved in a completely environment from us, they may not even be carbon based life forms.

Hotband
  • Hotband

Cheesehead

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

Anybody that doesn't believe in aliens is an idiot, There is like what? 300 billion galaxies in the observable universe? Surely there is something out there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users