Damage TOO realistic?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic
SilviaAnton1995
  • SilviaAnton1995

Wincest

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Check out these videos that show off the physics engine being used by GTA V. Second video is by Dan Houser!

And this got me thinking; is the damage way too realistic? Imagine doing a hardcore car chase in an important mission... one high speed crash, and your car is completely destroyed! It would be like bike chases in GTA IV, where every little crash would set you back loads!! Discuss?

lol232
  • lol232

Bad motherf*cker

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Ugh, sorry but this is obviously fake.
The guys just has the user name Dan Houser, that does not mean that he is Dan Houser.
Fake and Gay.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

I sincerely hope the OP is kidding..

SilviaAnton1995
  • SilviaAnton1995

Wincest

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 07:30)
Ugh, sorry but this is obviously fake.
The guys just has the user name Dan Houser, that does not mean that he is Dan Houser.
Fake and Gay.

There is no reason for you to say that. It is a test of the car physics and damage, not like we are actually seeing any footage of the game! You didn't have to be like that

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Dude that's not even the same engine as GTA 5.

lol232
  • lol232

Bad motherf*cker

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

It's still a fake car physics and damage engine. It's now even the same engine as GTA V's.
Once again, that does not mean it's real even if the video posters name is Dan Houser, it is a fake account.
I suppose it will be similar to GTA IV's.

Nonetheless, the engine seems to sensitive, it's no way near like that in real life.
I mean to tell, the pickup truck was going too slowly in order to be damaged like that.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

That doesn't even look GTA V! Not even the cars! OP, drugs are dangerous to your health!

This.

There is no reason for you to say that. It is a test of the car physics and damage, not like we are actually seeing any footage of the game! You didn't have to be like that

Just because they used Dan Houser's name in an OBVIOUSLY fake video, it doesn't make your mom's wrinkled ass face legit.
I'm sure we don't have to argue over if it's GTA V or not, because it obviously isn't!

SilviaAnton1995
  • SilviaAnton1995

Wincest

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 07:36)
That doesn't even look GTA V! Not even the cars! OP, drugs are dangerous to your health!

This.
Just because they used Dan Houser's name in an OBVIOUSLY fake video, it doesn't make your mom's wrinkled [/s]ass[s] face f*cker!

What game IS it from then bellend? Or do you know nothing, and just rage at people for trying to show the community something interesting??

lol232
  • lol232

Bad motherf*cker

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

Ugh, it could simply be 3DS Max animation, it could be Garry's Mod (That's how the game is called).

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (SilviaAnton1995 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 15:38)

This.
Just because they used Dan Houser's name in an OBVIOUSLY fake video, it doesn't make your mom's wrinkled [/s]ass[s] face f*cker!

What game IS it from then bellend? Or do you know nothing, and just rage at people for trying to show the community something interesting??

IT's a fake engine! It's obviously a render! Since when did the HD GTAs have that amount of poly count on cars and buildings?
Since when did Dan Houser create a youtube account vaguely showing off w/ his real identity uploading sh*tty videos to attract Jackasses?
Since when did you post real, interesting posts? I presume you're just a jackass, give the baby a candy, and poop in front of the gang!

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 07:36)
It's still a fake car physics and damage engine. It's now even the same engine as GTA V's.
Once again, that does not mean it's real even if the video posters name is Dan Houser, it is a fake account.

Nonetheless, the engine seems to sensitive, it's no way near like that in real life.
I mean to tell, the pickup truck was going too slowly in order to be damaged like that.

It's actually pretty realistic
Sadly I know what I'm talking about confused.gif
But yeah those videos have nothing to do with GTA V

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 07:36)

This!

lol232
  • lol232

Bad motherf*cker

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 08:43)

This.
Just because they used Dan Houser's name in an OBVIOUSLY fake video, it doesn't make your mom's wrinkled [/s]ass face f*cker!

IT's a fake engine! It's obviously a render! Since when did the HD GTAs have that amount of poly count on cars and buildings?
Since when did Dan Houser create a youtube account vaguely showing off w/ his real identity uploading sh*tty videos to attract Jackasses?
Since when did you post real, interesting posts? [s]I presume you're just a jackass, give the baby a candy, and poop in front of the gang!

Alright, as much as I agree with you, I thing you should calm the hell down.
Either the OP is drunk or tried to do something but failed to, no need of flaming on him/her.
You're being a bit too harsh for hell sake.

Let's all just ignore this topic until it gets locked, ok?

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

It's a real engine. http://www.beamng.com/content/

I think they call it Cryengine 3? But anyways, the developing company was founded in 2011 consisting of 4 people. Nothing to do with GTA. And FYI people were posting this since early 2012.

SantosGTA
  • SantosGTA

Los Santos

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

If you look on the first video, BeamNG is a game in development similar to Rigs of Rods. Apparently it's running on CryEngine3.

Not Europhia or RAGE.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

I really love the "soft body physics" in GTA IV, but it shouldn't be much more than that. Vehicles shouldn't be "too soft" in a game that tries to maintain somewhat of an arcadish atmosphere. The only real improvements I would like to see on what GTA IV already has is some more minor parts (bumpers, mirrors, hubcaps, and the such) falling off the vehicle along with the wheels falling (or flying) off after it blows up.

The great story, Euphoria physics, and soft body physics are what made GTA IV pretty fun to play. Take any one of those away from GTA IV, and then the game would become quite dull (in my opinion).

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 15:47)
QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 08:43)

This.
Just because they used Dan Houser's name in an OBVIOUSLY fake video, it doesn't make your mom's wrinkled [/s]ass face f*cker!

Since when did you post real, interesting posts? [s]I presume you're just a jackass, give the baby a candy, and poop in front of the gang!

Alright, as much as I agree with, I thing you should calm the hell down.
Either the OP is drunk or tried to do something but failed to, no need of flaming on him/her.
You're being a bit too harsh for hell sake.

Let's all just ignore this topic until it gets locked, ok?

They won't learn from soft words.
Most of us here went onto this flaming stage where people flamed us for trolling or bad ideas.
That's how maturity in a Forum evolve.
Just like in real life, people need to be scolded.

If they can't see flaming, then they will persist, because they're having a good time doing stuff like this.
Even some of the new members are changing.

I used to post sh*t like a "much realistic phone w/c you have to charge for soem time before using, to give the next game a bit of restriction".
But, I was flamed. That's how I learned not to post like a kid, or troll.

lol232
  • lol232

Bad motherf*cker

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

True, true.
I wasn't flamed back in the day, but I did learn from others.

Still, let's just ignore this topic once and for all, shall we?

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Eh, what's up doc?

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Those video's look fake monocle.gif

mulder84
  • mulder84

Someone not dancing to Uncle Sam's tune?

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (SilviaAnton1995 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 15:27)
Check out these videos that show off the physics engine being used by GTA V. Second video is by Dan Houser!

And this got me thinking; is the damage way too realistic? Imagine doing a hardcore car chase in an important mission... one high speed crash, and your car is completely destroyed! It would be like bike chases in GTA IV, where every little crash would set you back loads!! Discuss?

OP I really hope you don't believe those are real GTA V stuff, those are renders utilized from the CryEngine if I remember correctly, and that you're instead asking if we would like game physics like that. And honestly I don't, these look more like they're better able to destroy my PC or console instead. Those are really next-gen stuff, both for PCs and consoles, and I'm already quite happy with GTA IV physics.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (SilviaAnton1995 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 07:38)

This.

http://www.beamng.com/

this.

cmn1516
  • cmn1516

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

this is the soft body physics test of CryEngine 3 and not GTA 5 itself... it says it in the first comment under the video

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

I'm not going to sit here and type 'fake' when there is something more interesting to talk about. It isn't from GTA yes, but gives us the opportunity to discuss damaging like this for the vehicles. I for one wouldn't mind it, it disciplines you to drive better. Especially with the bikes in IV, you hit something you will fall off, that's the reality of super-bikes and because of it I drove better, the same for going out of the front window of a car in IV when crashing. I have no problem with it.

What I do have a problem with though, not just GTA V but any game that allows you to drive around an open world. You drive into something that is part of the terrain and map, and you will crash as it doesn't move, which is fine UNLESS it is lighter and less strong than the vehicle you are in. Yes tree's should be able to stop cars, but not bushes and small trees that a car could easily crush. Along with any other objects that stop the movement of the vehicle, which feel completely unnatural.

SilviaAnton1995
  • SilviaAnton1995

Wincest

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Ok, now it's been explained! But still, that guy flaming and being pretty nasty? Jeez man! I didn't know!!!

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (SilviaAnton1995 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 11:03)
Ok, now it's been explained! But still, that guy flaming and being pretty nasty? Jeez man! I didn't know!!!

Welcome to GTA V section

Astoroth211
  • Astoroth211

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

suicidal.gif

Los Santos - 1992 to 2013
  • Los Santos - 1992 to 2013

After 21 years, it's time.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

It's CryEngine 3. It's not comparable to Euphoria or RAGE.

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

The damage system in IV was fine. It was just punishing enough to make you drive carefully, but not sensitive enough to turn your car into a tin can if you hit the curb.

I always thought it was cool to almost completely destroy a car during a race, or escaping the cops. Wheels dragging and popped, the whole side of the car crushed in.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

It's from a game called FlatOut, made back in 2004. Confirmed fake.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Look up the game Flat Out, by BugBear Entertainment, that's the game this is from, trust me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users