Photo

Flying over the clouds.

28 replies to this topic
sonkanjin
  • sonkanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

In Grand Theft Auto IV there were "set" clouds. Helicopters couldn't get anywhere near them. In the second trailer of Grand Theft Auto V we saw a Jeep like car drive out of a plane MILES up in the sky, probably the highest i have ever seen.

So if we can fly higher than the clouds...

So does that mean if we are on the ground in V and its day time but over cast, dark thundery and miserable, could we jump in a jet, take of and fly across the miserable rainy grey sky go though the clouds, and then we go over ALL the clouds and we see beautiful blue sky and lush Sunlight?

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

I want it to feel like that, if so.

Jack94
  • Jack94

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

That would be awesome

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Nice idea

sonkanjin
  • sonkanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (darkdayz @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 21:44)

I want it to feel like that, if so.

This!

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

It was like it is SA but just didn't look amazing because obviously the lighting wasn't great in SA. During dust storms the change was most obvious.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Didn't know you could hit the clouds in GTA IV. Interesting.

Can I get a link for that?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (darkdayz @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 21:58)

You cant?

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 22:21)

You cant?

I tried, with no avail

Is it strictly modders who achieve this? No way can you reach the cloud in a standard heli.

sonkanjin
  • sonkanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (darkdayz @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 22:25)
QUOTE (Red XIII @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 22:21)

You cant?

I tried, with no avail

Is it strictly modders who achieve this? No way can you reach the cloud in a standard heli.

You cant dude, even with mods, the clouds are just imprinted in the sky rather than added on the sky.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

Ignore me, I completely mis-read what OP put haha.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

This was possible in SA, I don't see it NOT returning.

It HAS to.

LordXayd
  • LordXayd

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

The question for you sir, is how many times could you get CJ to scream when you bailed out of a Leer at max altitude BEFORE you pulled the chute?

IF you pulled the chute tounge2.gif

sttc
  • sttc

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

real life version

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

I prefer to see the ground as it's easier for skydiving and other navigation. It's easier to use sight rather than the minimap.

As it was in IV please, Rockstar.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 00:33)
I prefer to see the ground as it's easier for skydiving and other navigation. It's easier to use sight rather than the minimap.

You mean have it to where you can't go into the clouds? The height limit in GTA IV would be ridiculously short for jets. The second trailer, however, clearly shows that you can be well above the clouds this time around. So if you don't want to have trouble seeing, just either go up that high only on clear days or just don't go up that high at all. No reason for there be an arbitrary barrier to going any higher when you simply have the choice not to.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:58 AM Edited by RichyB, 23 April 2013 - 01:00 AM.

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 00:47)

You mean have it to where you can't go into the clouds? The height limit in GTA IV would be ridiculously short for jets. The second trailer, however, clearly shows that you can be well above the clouds this time around. So if you don't want to have trouble seeing, just either go up that high only on clear days or just don't go up that high at all. No reason for there be an arbitrary barrier to going any higher when you simply have the choice not to.

There's always been an arbitrary height barrier in GTA for aircraft.

I guess I am not opposed to going up in the clouds, as long as they were sufficiently high so that when you fell back through them, you would still have plenty of time to land on a skyscraper without difficulty for example.

If it was low cloud for example you'd only have the very last minute to decide where you wanted to land, which would usually be detrimental to the object if you wanted to land somewhere specific.

It would also be detrimental to the game if you had to fly low to be able to see the beautiful landscape in all its glory without cloud inhibiting the view.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

I wanna fly the jet straight up and freefall like this.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 01:13)
I wanna fly the jet straight up and freefall like this.

This. icon14.gif

I wonder what it'll feel like, maybe use the chute to free fall from above.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

I will tell you on September 20th when i get the game tounge.gif

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 00:58)
QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 00:47)

There's always been an arbitrary height barrier in GTA for aircraft.

I guess I am not opposed to going up in the clouds, as long as they were sufficiently high so that when you fell back through them, you would still have plenty of time to land on a skyscraper without difficulty for example.

If it was low cloud for example you'd only have the very last minute to decide where you wanted to land, which would usually be detrimental to the object if you wanted to land somewhere specific.

It would also be detrimental to the game if you had to fly low to be able to see the beautiful landscape in all its glory without cloud inhibiting the view.

I agree. I hope the cloud ceiling is high enough that we can still be well above the tallest mountain before entering the clouds.

I absolutely want to be able to fly high above the clouds, though, and it looks like we'll be able to do that.

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

OP
I think this answers your question!
http://media.gtanet....railer2_091.jpg
http://media.gtanet....railer2_092.jpg

Just imagine there being more and them being darker

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

I wonder if we will be able to keep our parachute? In SA and TBoGT they are one time use, then you have to find another. The recent screenshot makes the parachute seem like an actual clothing item, so maybe you keep it in your inventory.

I was thinking of a scenario where I parachute down to the tallest building, then again off the tallest building. Not sure why I would do that, but I want to for some reason.

It does appear from the screens we can go well above the clouds.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (sonkanjin @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 23:42)

So if we can fly higher than the clouds...

So does that mean if we are on the ground in V and its day time but over cast, dark thundery and miserable, could we jump in a jet, take of and fly across the miserable rainy grey sky go though the clouds, and then we go over ALL the clouds and we see beautiful blue sky and lush Sunlight?

I just did that a few days ago in Just Cause 2 (Multiplayer). While it was raining and storming, I took a plane and went high up above the clouds. Suddenly the sky is so clear. Kinda an awesome feeling. So I hope it will be the same in V.

PS: The multiplayer beta test is still running until Sunday. So if anyone got a copy of JC2 on PC/Steam give it a chance. It can be really fun.
http://jc-mp.com

sonkanjin
  • sonkanjin

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

Imagine if a plane was hit by a bolt of lightning, f*ck.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

It has to be done this way.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

DAMNED

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (TheQuestfor100Percent @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 09:24)
I wonder if we will be able to keep our parachute? In SA and TBoGT they are one time use, then you have to find another. The recent screenshot makes the parachute seem like an actual clothing item, so maybe you keep it in your inventory.

I was thinking of a scenario where I parachute down to the tallest building, then again off the tallest building. Not sure why I would do that, but I want to for some reason.

Yeah I hope we have a reserve chute. I can't count how many times I was stuck on a building needing another parachute to get down in tbogt

icebreaker202
  • icebreaker202

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Lil Jacob 27 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 22:25)
QUOTE (TheQuestfor100Percent @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 09:24)

Yeah I hope we have a reserve chute. I can't count how many times I was stuck on a building needing another parachute to get down in tbogt

Why didn't u just fold up the chute and use it again? lol im just joking. I wish we could do that though.

Hotband
  • Hotband

Introvert

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

That would be pretty sweet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users