Photo

Way to bypass storyline?

10 replies to this topic
SPMovies
  • SPMovies

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

So I use to be a huge San Andreas player from 04-08. It's not like I switched to 4, 4 was a disappointment, but I had to get rid of my PS2 then and at that point SA was getting old. Now I rebought SA just this time for my PC. I hate PC controls and don't feel like doing the storyline again. Is there any way I can by pass it?

SPMovies
  • SPMovies

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Apoligies for the doublepost, but what is the version on Steam for SA, 1 or 2?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 22 April 2013 - 04:24 PM.

I hate PC controls too and I'm disheartened that I wasted my money on that version. PS2 is so preferable.

To answer your question, just download a chain game save that's at 100%. Bypassing is so much easier on the PS2 thanks to the cheat device mission select codes, but lil weasel said I can't discuss that further outside the "cheats & tricks" section.

SPMovies
  • SPMovies

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hm, ok, thank you.

I'm gonna search around to see if I can get a game that's just pass the storyline, if not then I'll get the 100%. (I like fighting for all the new gang territories.)

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

The Steam uses the V2.00 version of the game. You can find a 100% save game for San Andreas PC for V2.00 here. If you wish though to play from a certain point of the storyline, I'm strongly suggesting you to check out this topic, since it contains save files from the first mission up to the very last one. (the V2.00 save files are on the second table, where it says "v2 Save Files" obviously).

Have fun! icon14.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

There are various missions in the Chain game to chose from. But, be aware that the Chain Game is Modified so it is very easy to do the missions.
If you want clean (unmodified) games missions then pick from the ALL Saved Games list for the proper Version.
The Steam version is 3. Which uses the same save games as V2.
As far as game playing you can get a USB Game Pad (I use the Logitech Dual Action ™), as I too don't like the Keyboard and Mouse. And, Rockstar recommends using the Game Pad.

SPMovies
  • SPMovies

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I hate to be the clueless guy who begs for help, but how do I download a file to Windows 8?

I saved/download the files, and think I'm extracting it the saved file correctly, but I'm not. Now my only saved file is corrupted.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

This is the 100% save file, here's a direct download to the file, in the first slot. Then, put that file in the San Andreas User Files folder.

SPMovies
  • SPMovies

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Got it, thanks for the help with my noobness everyone! Appreciated. biggrin.gif

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 17:22)
I hate PC controls too and I'm disheartened that I wasted my money on that version. PS2 is so preferable.

To answer your question, just download a chain game save that's at 100%. Bypassing is so much easier on the PS2 thanks to the cheat device mission select codes, but lil weasel said I can't discuss that further outside the "cheats & tricks" section.

So, you hate the PC version just because you can't connect your PS2 Controller to your PC? notify.gif

To answer the OP:
You can download the Steam version savefile over here
<Click Here>

EDIT: Damn it, I just realised it's too late, never, my bad! monocle.gif

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 18:36)
So, you hate the PC version just because you can't connect your PS2 Controller to your PC?  notify.gif

That's one reason; another is because PS2 cheat device codes are easier to implement than PC mods.

As for the OP, I forgot to say you may need compatible software for this sort of download. Don't use WinRAR because it's pricy and you can get these services with free software. I suggest PeaZip. PeaZip free archiver utility is a portable, open source archiving, encryption and file split tool. PeaZip archiver is cross platform, it runs on Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista and on Linux and supports handling of many archive and compression formats. PeaZip allows to edit, save and restore archive's layouts; apply powerful multiple filters to archive's content; handle multiple archives at once; export job definition as command line; encrypt, split and join files and compress executables with strip/UPX. Download Size: 2.6 MB

http://sourceforge.n...use_mirror=iweb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users