Quantcast

» «
Photo

Vice City vs San Andreas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

Poll: Vice City or San Andreas? (112 member(s) have cast votes)

Vice City or San Andreas?

1. Vice City (37 votes [37.00%])

Percentage of vote: 37.00%

2. San Andreas (63 votes [63.00%])

Percentage of vote: 63.00%

Vote
bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

There's a heated argument between VC and SA. Always there is. It's kinda funny that GTA fans are arguing which is a better game. So the GTA fanbase is somehow divided - VC fans and SA fans.
You lucky Liberty City fans

I prefer San Andreas because it's bigger and more things to do. VC may have a better feel in it but I will be a San Andreas fan for life biggrin.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:21 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 22 April 2013 - 05:24 AM.

user posted image

=

user posted image

........................................................................................................

user posted image

=

user posted image

Pictures tell 1000 words. wink.gif

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

MVC, man what the.... lol.gif Dude, you just love to egg on the SA fans don't you?

I of course voted San Andreas. To me it was everything that I wanted in a video game and nothing more. There wasn't much wrong with Vice City, except the aiming, so it's not like I dislike VC I just found myself going throught that game saying "I wish I could...." and SA delivered it for me. They both had great storylines, I liked that they were both based on real life situations and iconic movies.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:46 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 22 April 2013 - 05:52 AM.

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 16:42)
MVC, man what the....  lol.gif     Dude, you just love to egg on the SA fans don't you?

I of course voted San Andreas. To me it was everything that I wanted in a video game and nothing more. There wasn't much wrong with Vice City, except the aiming, so it's not like I dislike VC I just found myself going throught that game saying "I wish I could...." and SA delivered it for me. They both had great storylines, I liked that they were both based on real life situations and iconic movies.

I'm just having some fun. tounge.gif

I pretty much agree with you. SA improved on the little annoyances from VC like not being ablt to swim and climb, but VC holds a special place in my heart unfortunately SA never will. smile.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

We can't deny the fact that SA was improvement over VC, but at the same time it was the first game when R* started to losing the plot. They filled the game with mostly useless stuff (swimming underwater - needed for one mission, car modifications - unnecessary as there was no point in doing that other than modifying your car and hide it in garage for the rest of the game, jetpack - two missions, gym and ability to be fat - ruining the game and needed only for girlfriends, etc.) and left the core broken beyond the repair (aiming, drivers AI, car crashes, retarded story, missions without any explanations, etc.). Sometimes big map (lifeless and empty) and well known voice actors (Jackson, Woods, Penn) won't be enough to make game great especially if there is nothing that makes you go further.

VC was perfect, it got perfectly caught vibe of the '80, it got likeable characters, nice city and what's the most important story that was keeping you interested. Trivia from me: every f*cking time when I am hearing "I just died (in your arms tonight)" in radio I'm waiting for the last lines to be sung by Fernando. colgate.gif

SirBaconDonut
  • SirBaconDonut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hands down my 2 favorite GTA games. I gotta go with SA though since ther were more ways to have fun and the world was larger.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 13:21)
[IMG]http://img138.images...gtavicecity.jpg[IMG]

=

[IMG]http://img341.images...htygodourfa.jpg[IMG]

........................................................................................................

[IMG]http://img14.imagesh...74/71871713.png[IMG]

=

[IMG]http://img189.images...fullretarda.jpg[IMG]

Pictures tell 1000 words. wink.gif

That's actually what @MVC says everything was true. Pictures do say a thousand words than actions. tounge.gif

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 05:21)
user posted image

Just looking at this makes me tempted to load this up again just to cruise around Vice City and soak up the atmosphere.

I prefer Vice City due to the story, characters, graphics, music and just the general 80's Miami vibe.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

San Andreas. There was just so much to do, such a huge world and such wild, crazy missions. The characters were some of my favorite. Catalina (she was in III but is hilarious in SA), Wu Zi Mu, The Truth, Mike Toreno, O.G. Loc, etc. Vice City had better side missions and that's about it.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

As much as I love SA, I'll have to say VC. Everything about it is great. It has an amazing storyline, music, vehicles, etc. I love the 80's Miami vibe to it, too. What I love about SA is that it has a huge map with a variety of places to visit (Countryside, Forest, etc.). The only thing I dislike about SA is how the storyline doesn't flow. The gameplay makes up for that, though. There are many things to do. Overall, VC wins my vote. I just wish the map was a bit bigger.

I have many wonderful memories with both games, though. inlove.gif

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

I love both games, but i prefer the 90's gangsta vibe, so for that reason i voted San Andreas.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Apples VS Oranges; Coke VS Pepsi.

You see where I'm going with this metaphor?

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

@GTASAddict

Yeah. A lot of "versus" topics sprawling out of the dark. I was tempted to do one smile.gif

Anyway, I love the responses. I actually expect hate and more hate in the replies. If I posted this in the V section, maybe that'll happen

@MVC

That's a stupid comparison. There. I started it tounge.gif

Shogun Of Japan
  • Shogun Of Japan

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

This is like that Coke vs Pepsi topic, it's impossible to decide.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 00:46)
I pretty much agree with you. SA improved on the little annoyances from VC like not being ablt to swim and climb

I ALWAYS forget that I can't swim in VC. Whenever I go back to it [usually every 6-8 weeks] I die within minutes because of this. It's hard-wired into my brain that GTA III doesn't have swimming but VC does.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

Apples And Oranges Are Good For You.

Coke And Pepsi Are Very Bad For Your Teeth.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

I do like both games but if I would have to decide which one is better, then I would say it's Vice City. San Andreas had much more features and the map was over three times bigger but more does not always equal more. Rockstar did a very good job in representing the 1980's feeling with the neon lights and the neon pink-like graphics, the 80s soundtrack and the style of the pedestrains. Pretty much everything contributed well to the feeling. The storyline of Tommy Vercetti was really interesting and I like it how your 'best friend[s]' turn out to be the antagonist. The characters seem to be more likeable compared to the ones of San Andreas.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Vice City is much better IMHO. San Andreas was nothing but a wet dream for dumb teenage wiggers and people who don't know what a good plot is if it broke into their house, ripped out all the hairs on their dog, spit all over the place, and made love to their mother's butt in front of a live audience.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

Vice....Andreas.....This is too hard
Vice City.
Good Storyline, Music, Vehicles and Side Missions. icon14.gif

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

Vice City kills SA in just about every way. Better story, Gameplay and the most awesome soundtrack I have ever heard in a video game.

@MVC - High five? tounge.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

San Andreas. I didn't like VC as much as SA.

Waiting for butthurt...

cj2000
  • cj2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 04:34)
Vice City kills SA in just about every way. Better story, Gameplay and the most awesome soundtrack I have ever heard in a video game.

@MVC - High five? tounge.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I disagree, specialy the VC soundtrack sucks.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

San Andreas for me. I loved what they added to it, and it was just a huge map. Much more variety.

I only think the sound effects for the guns sucked more. The engine also feels lot different biggrin.gif

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

San Andreas map was kind of "empty" Even though it was bigger than Vice City, it was just more boring, besides, I actually think the graphics are better in GTA Vice City, the cars look weird and all vehicles look like they are made of plastic, I didn't get any vibe from it, while I did get a total 80's vibe from GTA VC.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (cj2000 @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 13:36)
the VC soundtrack sucks.

*choke*

You, sir, are worse than Hitler...

cj2000
  • cj2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Waldie @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 21:52)
the VC soundtrack  sucks.

*choke*

Why? Only because I donīt like the musik from the 80s?

cj2000
  • cj2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (guib @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 19:19)
San Andreas map was kind of "empty" Even though it was bigger than Vice City, it was just more boring, besides, I actually think the graphics are better in GTA Vice City, the cars look weird and all vehicles look like they are made of plastic, I didn't get any vibe from it, while I did get a total 80's vibe from GTA VC.

I donīt know on which platform you plaied this 2 games but on PC SA has much beter graphics than VC. The cars in SA look more realistic than in VC. In SA cars have beter textures, lights, engines, wheels, reflections, shadows and colision models.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

I disagree, specialy the VC soundtrack  sucks.

user posted image

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (cj2000 @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 14:36)
I disagree, specialy the VC soundtrack sucks.

user posted image
OT: Vice City over San Andreas any time. cool.gif

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (cj2000 @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 11:10)
QUOTE (Waldie @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 21:52)
the VC soundtrack  sucks.

*choke*

Why? Only because I donīt like the musik from the 80s?

Yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users