» «
Photo

BikeNBat Mod Test - Feedback Needed!

11 replies to this topic
NomeSkavinski
  • NomeSkavinski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:06 AM Edited by NomeSkavinski, 26 April 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Heres my my, BikeNBat mod. It allows a player to use a baseball bat on a bike, like the TLAD races.

If your not using TLAD make sure you copy the missbike_combat.wad in to the anim.img.

To use the baseball bat, get on a bike whilst the baseball bat is equipped, this will disable the cinematic feature and headlight button (i know that not everyone will be using those keys, but they get disabled anyway), but it will be re-enabled when you get off.

The velocity is based on how long you hold the key down, a little unbalanced at the moment. The particles effects are a bit off at the moment as well.

It only interacts with peds and vehicles.

Pressing the swing buttons before actually on the bike is slight issue at the moment, so wait until the player is sat on it first.

Read the README file for more info on installation and known bugs.

LINK REMOVED, Version 1 now available at:
http://www.gta4-mods...bat-v100-f21239

Please rate it and let me know if there are any issues, when it has been approved.

Thanks!

Video:

Potentially, this can be extended so more than one person within a game can use the baseball bat on a bike, hopefully it would work in a multiplayer game. But i'll release the source to this when its ready to let others have ago at it.

Any feedback is welcome, thanks.

Nome Skavinski.

MasterVampire
  • MasterVampire

Evil

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

I can't get it to work.
I don't have TLAD and I put the wad into the anim.img file.
Loaded up the game, got a bat, jumped on a bike but nothing.

It said the script was loaded in the console so Im not sure whats happening.

NomeSkavinski
  • NomeSkavinski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:02 PM Edited by NomeSkavinski, 22 April 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Cheers for trying it out, il try and work out whats happening.

Just a few questions:
1) Are you using GTA 4?
2) Which version of the script did you try? (Keyboard or controller?)
--- If you used the controller, ensure its set to port one.
3) When your on the bike with a bat, can you adjust the headlights(this wont work in GTA 4, as its native the episodes) and use the cinematic button?
4) In the console does it say an error about bike anims?

Im re-downloading GTA 4 fresh to check if there are any additional file needed, ive modded TBOGT that much i dont know what was the original or not.

Thanks again.

NomeSkavinski
  • NomeSkavinski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Looks like it was because i was referencing a model specific to EFLC, changed and re-uploaded the script.

Works in EFLC and GTA4.

NomeSkavinski
  • NomeSkavinski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Come on, please give me some feedback.

powler
  • powler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hi mate feed back so far (only played today)

I love the script and instalation was easy + with no errors in game.
I am one of these people that loves realism, so i can only really say that the thing that i would change is the power of the hits

For example when i hit a car with the bat (max power) the car flew across the other side if the road lol (not to keen on that)

I'm pretty sure i read that the full beam headlights would disable but they didn't for me??
Although the camera did (thank heaven as i hate that camera mode lol )

At the moment thats all i can really say buddy wow.gif

Apart from keep up the good work wow.gif
Hope all this helps wow.gif

powler
  • powler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Also (sorry) only tested on GTAIV at the moment but will try TBOGT as soon as smile.gif

NomeSkavinski
  • NomeSkavinski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (powler @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 21:00)
Also (sorry) only tested on GTAIV at the moment but will try TBOGT as soon as smile.gif

Cheers, no need to test on all for me, just so long as someone else has confirmed it working.

Yes i will have to dumb down the hit strength, its based on time at the moment.
The headlight switch wont disable in GTA 4 as the native function to do so was not available until TLAD.

Did you get the problem where if you press the swing buttons immediately after pressing the enter vehicle button, did the player just hover in mid air as if he's on the bike?

Thank you so much for your feedback very much appreciated.

powler
  • powler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (NomeSkavinski @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 21:37)
QUOTE (powler @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 21:00)
Also (sorry) only tested on GTAIV at the moment but will try TBOGT as soon as  smile.gif

Cheers, no need to test on all for me, just so long as someone else has confirmed it working.

Yes i will have to dumb down the hit strength, its based on time at the moment.
The headlight switch wont disable in GTA 4 as the native function to do so was not available until TLAD.

Did you get the problem where if you press the swing buttons immediately after pressing the enter vehicle button, did the player just hover in mid air as if he's on the bike?

Thank you so much for your feedback very much appreciated.

Not a problem buddy smile.gif
To be honest i didn't try it but will have to test tomorrow now but Will get back to you and let you know lol

Glad to help mate smile.gif

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

Thanks for making this! I've been waiting for someone to create a script like this since TLaD was released.

I'll definitely try this out later.

NomeSkavinski
  • NomeSkavinski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by NomeSkavinski, 25 April 2013 - 03:41 PM.

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 00:34)
Thanks for making this! I've been waiting for someone to create a script like this since TLaD was released. 

I'll definitely try this out later.

Me too, I got EFLC beginning of this year and I was really surprised no one has done this.

I'll be putting another version up tonight or tomorrow which:
1) Solves all bugged issues (i fear i may be eating those words later)
2) Allows you to decide via an ini file whether to have realistic bat strength or strength based on time
3) Bat position has been corrected (At least for niko anyway)
4) When peds are hit by the bat after 'charging up' for 5 seconds they will set on fire
5) Peds react to you attacking them
6) Player will use the correct animation depending on what bike there on, right now his hands hover above the handlebars on some bikes

Hopefully these features will also be complete as well, if not they will make it in the next release:
7) Cosmetic damage to vehicles, however this may be random and not where the player is hitting
8) Vehicles drivers react to you attacking them
9) Damage vehicles will break down or set on fire (for some reason at the moment using DAMAGE_CAR, decreases its health but doesn't set on fire or explode)

Feel free to give me some suggestions

NomeSkavinski
  • NomeSkavinski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Version 1 is now released:
http://www.gta4-mods...bat-v100-f21239

Please rate it and let me know if there are any issues, when it has been approved.

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users