Photo

3D Text Help

4 replies to this topic
darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Experience compositor and graphic designer who is currently branching out into the 3d world. I have a commission for a CD case and need some advice. The overall shaping of the text needs to look something like this:

user posted image

The above picture is from an Andrew Kramer tutorial, in which he creates that text using 3D Max.

The catch is, I'm not paying for 3D Max or Cinema 4D, f* that, does anybody have any links to tutorials that use Blender to create similar results. I know some of you have some as I see a lot of 3d work on here, and you can't all be illegally downloading 3D Max and C4D.

Cheers for the help in advanced.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

(Or a way to make the Blender interface almost identical to the others, so I can follow 3d max and c4d tutorials easily...)

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

Bump

TheBoneCountyButcher
  • TheBoneCountyButcher

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Get Adobe After Effects and the plugin Element 3d by VideoCopilot. Follow some tuts and you should have yourself some nice little 3d text.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by darkdayz, 06 May 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Yeah, been playing with it. Annoying thing is it can't cope with 4k for high res raw files. Can't be small images. Needs to be at least 3kx2k

Also, it's not extruding the inside of the 0's. Which is also annoying but can be photoshopped.

And it crashes AE after 90% of the element startups. What a joke. Never paying for a product again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users