Photo

Boston based GTA

18 replies to this topic
Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

I've been doing some looking into Boston lately (yes before the bombing), and I've got to ask why very few people have suggested a GTA game set in Boston, or why Rockstar hasn't considered it. While the culture isn't AS iconic as NY, LA, Miami, etc it does seem to be culture rich in comparison to other suggested new locations such as Chicago or Philedelphia.

I could imagine if they did, you would play as an hood from one of the local Irish (note that we've never had an Irish protagonist yet either) communities who are filled with underisables.

Just expressing my thoughs as we'll eventually need a new location for the series eventually.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

It would be cool, but i wouldn't imagine them doing Boston for a LONG time.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

After the Boston bombing, and all that stuff that happened with the two suspects, I SERIOUSLY doubt that they will create a GTA set in Boston. Boston has been in the news a LOT these past few days.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Saturday, Apr 20 2013, 17:39)
After the Boston bombing, and all that stuff that happened with the two suspects, I SERIOUSLY doubt that they will create a GTA set in Boston. Boston has been in the news a LOT these past few days.

Yeah, but going by that logic Rockstar would have never made another Liberty City setting because of 9/11

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Saturday, Apr 20 2013, 21:41)

Yeah, but going by that logic Rockstar would have never made another Liberty City setting because of 9/11

NYC is a major place in the US. Boston is just a small part of Massachusetts. If R* did create a GTA set in Boston, it'll be years from now. It'd actually be pretty cool considering what you said, but I doubt they'll actually choose Boston, anyways.

Shogun Of Japan
  • Shogun Of Japan

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 00:16)
QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Saturday, Apr 20 2013, 21:41)

NYC is a major place in the US. Boston is just a small part of Massachusetts. If R* did create a GTA set in Boston, it'll be years from now. It'd actually be pretty cool considering what you said, but I doubt they'll actually choose Boston, anyways.

Years from now would be next GTA which is VI... and that will probably come at the latest 2017 or earliest 2015, but I'm sticking with 2017.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

^GTA VI will most likely be set in Vice City.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Godfather

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

If anyone's a fan of The Departed like I am Boston would be a great location for GTA. smile.gif

SadCucumber
  • SadCucumber

Cucumbers

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Saturday, Apr 20 2013, 05:10)
I've been doing some looking into Boston lately (yes before the bombing), and I've got to ask why very few people have suggested a GTA game set in Boston, or why Rockstar hasn't considered it. While the culture isn't AS iconic as NY, LA, Miami, etc it does seem to be culture rich in comparison to other suggested new locations such as Chicago or Philedelphia.

I could imagine if they did, you would play as an hood from one of the local Irish (note that we've never had an Irish protagonist yet either) communities who are filled with underisables.

Just expressing my thoughs as we'll eventually need a new location for the series eventually.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=552564

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

The Epileptic Butcher

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 02:44)
^GTA VI will most likely be set in Vice City.

You can't really say that if nothing is confirmed, or even mentioned about GTA 6 whatsoever.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

Since everyone is talking about the next GTA right now, I think I might bump this to see what people's thoughts are.

declan4567
  • declan4567

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:03 PM Edited by declan4567, 18 December 2013 - 02:07 PM.

Boston great group from the 70s, should be a gta based in the 70s with their music in there.

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:19 AM Edited by bengalboy_0701, 19 December 2013 - 11:50 AM.

They could set a NY-Boston-Philadelphia setting. That would be awesome.
BTW, what do you think they'll name Boston and Philadelphia?
My guesses are:
Boston = Bullworth
Philadelphia = Quaker City or Carcer City

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

Sorry for the double post, but seeing this thread again gives me an idea.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

And that idea is?

'

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:05 AM Edited by bengalboy_0701, 21 December 2013 - 08:15 AM.

And that idea is?
'
I was thinking i'd design a concept thread with 3 main cities featured: Liberty City from IV, Carcer City, based off of the Philadelphia Metro (Philly, Wilmington, Camden), and Bullworth, based off of Boston, in a single map. The game's events take place in Winter 1979, with 3 different protags living in the 3 different cities featured. A Native American living in Carcer City, An Irish in Bullworth (your idea) and an African American in Liberty City. Theory still in work... but hopefully i'll get on developing it in early 2014 when i'm free and have more resources (you see i don't have my laptop with me).

Hardcore Savage
  • Hardcore Savage

Realest nigga on the forum tho

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

How many of you guys have actually been to Boston? It's only fun during the Spring. Any other time of the year, Boston is lame as hell. Even Boston people feel that way, despite them usually being people that are overly proud of their city.

If anything Rockstar should just do the whole New England region. Mass. is large itself but everything is centered around one city (Boston).

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

A Native American living in Carcer City,

That doesn't sound like my Carcer City thread at all.

TheRevolution
  • TheRevolution

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:20 AM Edited by bengalboy_0701, 23 December 2013 - 11:07 PM.

Like i said, theory still in work, i might or might not keep the Native American idea
Btw ive seen your thread many times, except i never noticed your protag was also of native american descent... Maybe the protag in cc on my thread will now be a latino but then again, theory still in work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users