Double posting

4 replies to this topic
BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

The Car Place Founder

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

We all hate the people the endlessly double post, to end this i feel if you post two things in a row, they should be automatically merged together so both are in the original post made buy user.

If it is your topic and you are reserving post it will know you are the topic creator and will not merge them

Also we all have the times we are reserving the post and someone posts whilst you are reserving so i suggest you can lock your own topic whilst you tweak it and reserve posts to prevent spam, and people posting when you don't want them to

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Thats Below Ever Happened Like Me mercie_blink.gif It Because I Use Nokia E63 To Reply : blush.gif

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

If double/triple, etc posting was merged together then members would get away with continuous bumping of the topic as they know it will be merged thus appearing as one post, think about it, i post in a topic > topic dies so i post again to bump it > post merges with the one i made above yet it shows i have not posted so technically i haven't broken the bumping rule

You can see how this idea would be abused

i suggest you can lock your own topic whilst you tweak it and reserve posts to prevent spam

What members generally like to do is post something like "Please don't post until the reserves have been made" this is how it's always been and it's worked well so i don't see the point of this that much, sure if someone has posted before the reserves you can ask a Mod to have those removed in between them

nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Double posting is fine, when you've added something valuable or interesting to the thread. But people who double post (especially in their own threads) just to bump it piss me off. Even though they try to disguise the fact that they're just bumping it, it's soooooo obvious as to why they're double posting.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

We all hate the people the endlessly double post, to end this i feel if you post two things in a row, they should be automatically merged together so both are in the original post made buy user.

Actually, there is another way that would work a lot better...It is similar to the way you cannot reply to two topics back to back-ie. if you just replied to one topic and try to reply to another, you got an error that said you had to wait(which is bypassed thanks to the Fast Reply button). Anyway, the way to prevent this would be: To set it up to where IF the board senses two consecutive posts by the same member, it would return an error that would not allow the post-similar to how it does if you are replying to a topic that gets locked before you hit "add reply"-this has happened to me a number of times in the past. Your idea is good, but I think this would be a better way, as it would eliminate the double posting all together-"nip it in the bud" so to speak?

If double/triple, etc posting was merged together then members would get away with continuous bumping of the topic as they know it will be merged thus appearing as one post, think about it, i post in a topic > topic dies so i post again to bump it > post merges with the one i made above yet it shows i have not posted so technically i haven't broken the bumping rule

Actually, IF the double post was merged with your last reply, it would NOT count as a bump, as adding to the previous post DOES NOT move it to the top of the page-I have confirmed this numerous time in the Chain Game Lounge topic and some of my own topics. confused.gif

The problem with Reserving posts, is that is seems to get abused, as people would "reserve" 3 or more posts, yet would not bother to use them..I have seen this in the V section, yet those seemed to have been fixed already.. confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users