Photo

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection

38 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

A Korean classification rating for something called Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection lists the PS3 as platform and Konami as the registrant. Meanwhile, a tweet from MGS series creator Hideo Kojima points to some sort of collection that includes the first four numbered MGS games, as well as Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

user posted image
user posted image

Shiggys
  • Shiggys

Biggu Bossu

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

It's got to be MGS1, MGS2: Substance, MGS3: Subsistence, MGS4 and MGS: Peace Walker.

Based off the 5 different images of "Snake" (Solid and Naked/Big Boss).

Some think we'll get an HD version of MGS1, but we already got Twin Snakes years ago and Nintendo owns that game.

gionascm2
  • gionascm2

Pedantic Perfectionist with a slight case of OCD

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

I've personally never played any MGS's, but I hear they're good. I wonder if I should purchase this collection.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

Looks like he's trying to retcon Snake in MGS2, notice the grey hair strands on the MGS2 render?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

Still... wonder what this is. A "complete full" HD collection of all the games, including a (3D?) remake of MGS1 for PS3? Just a "cheap" Re-release of the HD collection with just MGS1 in it and MGS4?

I want to know... bought the "anniversary" edition of MGS4 a while back and MGS1 from PSN (always played bits of the game back in the day at a friend's place or my cousin... and really wanted to finish the entire game).

I hope this is maybe a release worth getting. Kind of not wanting to buy the current HD collection because of this maybe being a better deal.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 00:21)
I've personally never played any MGS's, but I hear they're good. I wonder if I should purchase this collection.

One of my favorite franchises after GTA, but wait to hear what's up with this set before making a purchase. MGS 1, 2, 3, and 4 were all spectacular... it's hard to say which was my favorite, though MGS 1 has a timeless quality that is hard to describe. Can't wait for 5 (Ground Zeroes + Phantom Pain).

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

All this is going to be is a complete package of all the games in one package, that's it! so these dreams of remakes of MGS1 should just not be thought of, if Im wrong i;ll eat my own face!

Looks like he's trying to retcon Snake in MGS2, notice the grey hair strands on the MGS2 render?

99.9% sure thats just the lighting, either from the location of the picture, or just actual artisitic design of the painting.

gionascm2
  • gionascm2

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 21:56)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 00:21)

One of my favorite franchises after GTA, but wait to hear what's up with this set before making a purchase. MGS 1, 2, 3, and 4 were all spectacular... it's hard to say which was my favorite, though MGS 1 has a timeless quality that is hard to describe. Can't wait for 5 (Ground Zeroes + Phantom Pain).

What do you mean wait to see what's up? You mean, make sure 1-4 are included? If the price is reasonable I will no doubt be purchasing this, providing it comes to CA.

Oh, and about MGSV... Ground Zeroes + Phantom Pain are the exact same game, just got its name changed... right??

Sakuya
  • Sakuya

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:15 AM Edited by Sakuya, 19 April 2013 - 07:19 AM.

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 23:08)
Oh, and about MGSV... Ground Zeroes + Phantom Pain are the exact same game, just got its name changed... right??

Not quite... No one's really sure, but they're somehow the same game, but different. I take that to mean they'll both be called MGSV, but be different games, with Ground Zeroes more akin to the Peace Walker/Portable Ops gameplay set before Big Boss' coma in '74, and Phantom Pain being the traditional gameplay set after the coma in '83.

On-topic: god dammit, I was literally going to buy the HD collection today, but now I kinda want to wait to see what the details are on this. If it's an HD remake of 1 and also includes the VR Missions and MG1/2 from Substance and Subsistence, I may go ahead and wait. If it's just 1 and 4 packed in to the HD collection, I'll just go with the HD collection and buy MGS1 on PSN.

Xo4
  • Xo4

The Lunatic is in My Head.

• The Connection

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

I got every one of these games(I have them all separately AND the HD collection) and If this ends up being another collection...I'll get it too.

The things I do for stuff I like.. sad.gif

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Another pic.

user posted image

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

It's probably just a collection of all canon Metal Gear Solid games released in one package. Seems an appropriate thing to do for people who haven't played through the series yet and they'd want to be prepared for the upcoming MGSV. I wouldn't expect any remasters, slight ones even, or The Twin Snakes included. But that's fair enough, anyway. Such collection are always welcomed, if the price won't be too high of course.

MGS4 for X360 perhaps?

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 04:08)
What do you mean wait to see what's up? You mean, make sure 1-4 are included?

Exactly. If MGS 1 and 4 are in this one, it'll definitely be worth the wait. icon14.gif

gionascm2
  • gionascm2

• Members

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Alright cool. Thanks for the info, both of you icon14.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by Zancudo, 20 April 2013 - 04:00 PM.

EDIT: Nothin'.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

Where's this one huh, where?

http://en.wikipedia....ar_(video_game)

https://www.google.c...iw=1024&bih=673

My first foray into the world of metal gear.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 01:14)
Where's this one huh, where?

http://en.wikipedia....ar_(video_game)

https://www.google.c...iw=1024&bih=673

My first foray into the world of metal gear.

MG and MG2 can be found in the HD collection. If this is a HD collection v.2 they will most likely be included again.

The thought of MGS1 and 4 being released on the 360 is orgasmic. Sure it will be the twin snakes instead of the original and MGS4 is just an interactive movie basically, but i sure hope they give it to the xbox crowd as well.

Come on kojima it's time to make more money!

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Where's everyone getting Xbox from?
It only mentions PS3.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

And why does everyone want Twin Snakes, do they know how terrible that game is? It sh*ts all over the original version with it's "improvements", it's basically Matrix Gear Solid as directed by Michael Bay, it doesn't fit in with the rest of the series.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 15:47)
And why does everyone want Twin Snakes, do they know how terrible that game is? It sh*ts all over the original version with it's "improvements", it's basically Matrix Gear Solid as directed by Michael Bay, it doesn't fit in with the rest of the series.

Who's everyone? Absolutely no one wants twin snakes.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 16:58)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 15:47)

Who's everyone? Absolutely no one wants twin snakes.

I want. Even though it's not as good as the original, it's still something I, along with many other people, haven't played yet and would definitely want to. But I wouldn't expect it included in this collection. I honestly doubt it'll ever be released on anything outside of Nintendo consoles. Too bad.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Fair enough.

I think it's going to be twin snakes just because the models were so much better in that game obviously. An HD version of the original would look pretty crap. Although i could deal with that personally.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

Nun Attack sounds fun.

But what draws me to this is the ability to have MGS1 and MGS4 on Xbox 360, if that is not the case which it doesnt seem to be, then it is sort of pointless as all versions are already available on PS3, they just need a bundle that includes the HD collection with 1 & 4.

MGS1 really ought to be on XBLA.

Everyone would sh*t a serious brick.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 19:16)
I want. Even though it's not as good as the original, it's still something I, along with many other people, haven't played yet and would definitely want to. But I wouldn't expect it included in this collection. I honestly doubt it'll ever be released on anything outside of Nintendo consoles. Too bad.

It's not just "not as good" it's terrible, it's like a low cost budget version of MGS where all the money went on Michael Bay style cutscenes!

- Voice Acting: Is worse, only Hayter and Clarke (Solid and Liquid) put the effort in, everyone else just sounds bored because they're re-doing the same script
- Music: TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!!!! They couldn't get any of the original music for whatever hell knows reason so it's just replaced with ambient generic style beat music that makes ever area feel so lifeless, this is contrasted even more with MGS4 where they DID get the music and remastered and remixed it for Act 4
- Gameplay: Worse off because of the MGS2 features, they're added but not adjusted for the game, so things like boss fights become piss easy as you can First Person Aim a lot of them to shave off time or shoot out cameras, etc
- Direction: Already spoke about this, but yeah, Matrix Gear solid, even the smallest thing that was a tense cutscene in the original is now a bombastic action scene in Twin Snakes, hell, even Liquid Snake talking to Solid Snake at the end of the game he's doing f*ckING BACKFLIPS!!!! Seriously, WHY??
- Graphics: Better, that's one thing out of five, and it's sad to see that this abortion of a game is getting such demand because of this one thing, but I guess that's modern gaming in a nutshell, graphic whores.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Kinda pissed about this since I only recently bought the HD collection but if MGS1 has been redone in HD (or the Twin Snakes is part of the package) then I will trade in the HD collection and buy this instead since I have yet to play Peace Walker or MGS4.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 22 April 2013 - 08:13 PM.

In celebration of Metal Gear Solid's 25th anniversary, Konami will release Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, which includes original versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, for PlayStation 3 this June, the company announced via press release.

Those who pick up the pack will receive Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions and Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition, as well as two digital graphic novels from Ashley Wood. According to Konami's president of Digital Entertainment, Tomoyuki Tsuboi, the collection is a chance for players to experience the series from its origins.

"We wanted to give Metal Gear Solid fans the opportunity to experience the series from beginning to end, all on one console," Tsuboi said. "With the collection's multiple titles, players can truly see how Metal Gear Solid evolved into the critically acclaimed and beloved franchise it is today."

A price has not yet been announced for the collection.

user posted image

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:15 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 22 April 2013 - 08:24 PM.

"original versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2"

WOW wow.gif

EDIT: Other sources are saying they're the ones which were released as part of Subsistence confused.gif
I knew it was too good to be true. cryani.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

You really expected remakes of MG1 and MG2 just like that, out of blue?

LeThaL AsSeT
  • LeThaL AsSeT

F*ck Yo CoucH NyuGGa!!!

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 16:23)
Kinda pissed about this since I only recently bought the HD collection but if MGS1 has been redone in HD (or the Twin Snakes is part of the package) then I will trade in the HD collection and buy this instead since I have yet to play Peace Walker or MGS4.

Same man I bought the HD collection a couple of month ago and when I went to the states for shopping I ended up picking up mgs 4, I beat MGS 2 AND 3 and im currently playing thru peace walker right now but I have yet to play MGS 4 so im wondering if getting the legacy collection is really worth trading in my HD collection and MGS4

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 21:46)
You really expected remakes of MG1 and MG2 just like that, out of blue?

Honestly.. no.

Although if this pack had the TTS version of MGS1 then I probably would've bought it. The PS ONE graphics are really offputting in an otherwise brilliant game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users