Photo

RIP Anne Williams

2 replies to this topic
nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

What an incredible woman. She never got to see justice being done for the death of her son, but she did find out the awful truth as to what happened him, 24 years ago.

Now THAT's a woman that deserves a 10 million funeral, paid for by the state.

YNWA.

Der_Don
  • Der_Don

2014 FIFA WC Prediction League 15th place.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

user posted image

D4 Damager
  • D4 Damager

Listening to the Mandolin Rain...

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

I know this is a big bump in a section which doesn't really have that much activity aside from the major topics, so I apologise for this post wholeheartedly if anyone takes offense, but I feel as if I have to make this post.

A while back now -- it must've been last December or even earlier -- I was writing an article on the Hillsborough Disaster which was to come to roughly 7000 words, and I felt as if I needed some interviews. I had already interviewed a couple of survivors across the country and decided that I wanted to speak to Anne in person. Through some rather amateurish detective work on the Hillsborough sub-forum at RAWK and on twitter I found her email address. I fired off an email.

Now with this email address being advertised as strictly for survivors in need of emotional support, I was almost apologetic in my tone as I asked her to meet for a quick interview on the aftermath of the disaster -- specifically the poor treatment of her son Kevin who was reportedly seen alive up to 1 hour after apparently all of the victims were dead. However I needn't have worried; she was a wonderful lady who was at this point struggling with ill health with a remarkable sense of dignity.

From my conversation with Anne I could tell that she was but an ordinary woman in appearance, but this was incredibly deceptive as she had an inner strength the like of which I have never seen before. She possessed a quietly resolute attitude to what was an obviously traumatic period in her life. She did not hide her views on anything, nor did she lay excessive claim to a disaster which she viewed as a public matter and not just something personal.

If only there were more people like Anne in the world; it truly would be a great and just world in which to live.
  • Blue Libertine likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users