Photo

psn framerates

7 replies to this topic
pentaxian
  • pentaxian

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

I did a search on the psn psp ver of this game and I saw some stuff about how it has framerate issues.

Is this true? Id much rather get this on psn. I have a umd of vcs which is fine, but an on the go digi gta is very appealing to me. I know vcs gets choppy sometimes too, so I can understand some issues will be unavoidable.

I'm using a psp 3000, btw

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Yes, the PSP version has some framerate issues in some parts of the map, but not too severe depending on your perspective.

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

this is the psp download version youre talking about, correct?

ive heard horror stories of it slowing down while merely driving.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

after updating my soft to newest legal one I had terrible FPS issues with both depending on what was happening on the screen. I remember when crossing the carnival park in VCS on my sanchez my fps managed to drop to something like 18-22!

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

ugh, this sounds like a deal breaker for me. im using 6.6 ofw too. guess i will just tweak on vcs til 5 comes out and i get a new ps3.

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (pentaxian @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 22:31)

it's true, but not for OFW psp
on cfw psp some people think they can reduce the size of the dump from UMD with compressed CSO psp method
so, with this methods big games like GTA will take up less space on the memory card, but gameplay will be laggy as hell, and VCS too.
Another way some old psp UMD-ROMs can deteriorate over time and is worse than reading the disc, increasing the load time and adding lag
Also, some users don't care about quality of their memory cards, they sometimes use badly, unofficial MC from China, or some sort of "mini sd adapters" - it's all bad for clear gameplay too.

If your PSP and UMD/PSN ver./MC is perfect, you will get perfect fps on LCS with your psp/ps vita.
actually LCS on psp have more fps then on ps2... but this is another story.

HeliPilot
  • HeliPilot

GTAIII Mobile Mods

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (SILENT_Pavel @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 11:35)
QUOTE (pentaxian @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 22:31)

it's true, but not for OFW psp
on cfw psp some people think they can reduce the size of the dump from UMD with compressed CSO psp method
so, with this methods big games like GTA will take up less space on the memory card, but gameplay will be laggy as hell, and VCS too.
Another way some old psp UMD-ROMs can deteriorate over time and is worse than reading the disc, increasing the load time and adding lag
Also, some users don't care about quality of their memory cards, they sometimes use badly, unofficial MC from China, or some sort of "mini sd adapters" - it's all bad for clear gameplay too.

If your PSP and UMD/PSN ver./MC is perfect, you will get perfect fps on LCS with your psp/ps vita.
actually LCS on psp have more fps then on ps2... but this is another story.

+1 and to add.
Dumping the UMD to ISO rather then CSO results in far better loading times and zero loss of the default frame rate.
And using the CPU clock feature in CFW set to 333mhz rather then the 222mhz default results in a blazing fast frame rate. I've been using the same dumped (from MY UMDs) ISOs for LCS and VCS for over 5 years and have had no degradation of the original files.

Any stock 6.60 OFW PSP can be soft modded with 6.60PROC lite CFW. Check out http://wololo.net/cfw4dummies/ for all the info you need.
Best part of lite CFW is that there is no possible way to brick your PSP.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

Member Title

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=551321
Please use the already made topic icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users