Photo

Official Arcade/Retro Gaming Topic.

6 replies to this topic
Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

Just do what the damn title says. Use this thread to discuss about your favorite Arcade games, consoles etc.

My favorite arcade games? Well I forgot a hell lot of them but there are 2 I will never forget all my life. Super Mario Bros and Pacman. The NES was the only console that I owned all my life.

I could never get past even the first level, lol I was such a bad gamer at that time. But this has to be the game I played on most on my NES. I only got to the 2nd level once I think.

Not as popular as Mario but a legend never the less. Harder than Mario but really fun and addictive.

I miss my NES, I used to play other games like Batman and some Olympic game and there was this one game where you could plant plants and water and stuff. I was stupid enough to break the controller one day and I could never play on my NES again and so I had to throw it away.(It was originally my cousins).

I miss my NES. cryani.gif

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

oh I lived on Super Mario Bros on the NES when I was a little kid, even got the GBA port recently smile.gif

I play a game called warbade which is not that old but it is based off retro games like space invaders and looks like a retro game (deliberately) and it is an arcade game tounge.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Already a topic about this:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=467273

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:26 AM Edited by Master of San Andreas, 18 April 2013 - 08:31 AM.

QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 13:16)
Already a topic about this:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=467273

I don't want to bump that mate.

EDIT: Let's hope that someone doesn't bump that now. confused.gif

2nd EDIT: Looks like a guy called 'ExtremeSW' is getting ready to bump, Let's hope he never does.

Xo4
  • Xo4

The Lunatic is in My Head.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Well I'll post this here and if it we end up in the other one...well I'll put it there too.

This is my main room for my retro gaming stuff..

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Kaydee.
  • Kaydee.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Used to play a lot of Top Gear, FIFA 98, Super Mario World, Rock n Roll Racing with my folks on NES.
Spent my time more on it than in school.

I also played a lot of arcade games, such as The King of Fighter series, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Metal Slug series...(finished every one of them)
Damn, there were plenty of great games when i was a kid.

Shame that games are not like that anymore.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

The Atari had some great games, but they were nowhere near as good as their arcade versions. Here's me unboxing my Atari in 1981:

user posted image

I kept that for a few years, then swapped it for a green screen computer that looked exactly like the ones in Fallout 3. That computer baffled me, so I then swapped that for a Commodore Vic-20. I kinda lost interest about that time, because the games on those systems didn't have one tenth of the fidelity of the arcade cabinets. God knows what became of my Vic-20.

Arcade cabinet games reigned supreme until the first Nintendo system became universally popular, and I played a lot on my nephew's while I was bumming around Australia in 1991. I moved to Grand Cayman and lived alone, so I got myself a SNES which I sold when I left in 1993. I didn't play another VG until I got an N64 in 2000, which is I think where retro ends and modern begins.

I can still vividly remember when 'Space Invaders' landed at my local youth club. It was like something from another world - I was absolutely in awe of it. I think this has to be one of the most memorable of all games for me. There was one in a holiday camp I was at as a kid. It was the cockpit version modelled on the x-wing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users