» «
Photo

Marvel Heroes Beta Weekend

21 replies to this topic
Loman
  • Loman

Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Piiiiie

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by Loman, 23 April 2013 - 11:00 PM.

user posted image
Ausgamers.com
Invisioncommunity.co.uk
MMOreviews.com
Giochi-MMO.it
Spong.com

(edit: not valid anymore, sorry)

Those sites are giving out free beta testing keys for Marvel Heroes beta testing this weekend. The keys only work for this weekend, but this weekend is a 3-day test, so you'll have plenty of time to play. Just thought I would share with GTAF. I've been beta testing since november, and it's pretty fun smile.gif

If you'd like to become a full beta tester, sign up HERE and you might be picked when they send out new keys. The full game is being released June 4th

Loman
  • Loman

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:53 PM Edited by Loman, 30 April 2013 - 03:53 AM.

This weekend's beta keys brought to you by: ZAM

The keys only work for this weekend, again, but if you haven't tried it yet, now is your chance smile.gif

Has anyone here tried it yet? lol

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Why didn't I know about a free-to-play Marvel game that plays like Diablo? This sounds freakin' awesome. I redeemed the key and I can't wait to play this weekend.

Loman
  • Loman

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by Loman, 25 April 2013 - 03:41 AM.

Marvel Heroes is a FREE-TO-PLAY action-packed massively multiplayer online game created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo and Diablo 2. Set in the iconic Marvel Universe, Marvel Heroes combines the core game-play style of Action RPGs and MMOs with the expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. In the game, players can collect and play as their favorite Marvel Superheroes (including Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider Man, Captain America and many others). Team up with friends and try to stop Doctor Doom from devastating the world with the power of the Cosmic Cube in a story written by Marvel comic super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis.

Yes it is a great diablo style game smile.gif
It also brings back memories of collecting action figures as a kid biggrin.gif
The changes since I started testing are astounding, but it's still got some beta issues. I am really enjoying it though.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

I've been playing this all morning. I love it. More than Diablo. Why? Because it's f*ckin' Marvel. I'm level 9 at the moment. I think you can guess which character I'm playing.

Loman
  • Loman

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

ha ha yeah, she kicks ass in this game. icon14.gif

Loman
  • Loman

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Sorry for the bump, but I just wanted to tell you guys that this weekend, in honor of Iron Man 3 being released, Marvel heroes is going to be OPEN beta. So, if you have played one of these past weekends, this weekend is more time to play, if you haven't played, you have another chance. smile.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Lots of great gaming stuff being shot at us this week, eh? tounge.gif First GTA V's 3 new trailers, then COD's announcement, and now this.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Good. Because I'm itching for more. Level 22 Black Widow and I'm addicted. I also unlocked Storm via a random drop. I don't think I'm gonna be playing with her. I like to go through all the content with one character first.

I had an amazing moment yesterday before the beta ended. I was walking around the city that you go to in chapter 4 and I saw Hawkeye. I decided to follow him and wreck some havoc. Then we met with Captain America and Thor and they immediately started following us. Not long after one guy playing as Iron Man decided to join because it was obvious what we were all going for. It was awesome. Too bad there was no Hulk. Maybe next time.

Do you know if we'll be able to keep our progress once the full game is released to the public?

Loman
  • Loman

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Too bad I wasn't there, I have a Hulk about that level. ha ha
My favorite so far has been either Colossus or Hulk. Colossus takes no damage at all except from bosses, and Hulk just murders large groups like nothing. They did a great job of making the characters feel like you're actually playing as them.

They are planning to wipe all beta progress before release, unfortunately. I have over half the roster unlocked right now, so I am going to be very sad lol. I think there will be a wipe before that too, when Cable and Human Torch are released before launch (Emma Frost, Luke Cage, Nova, and Squirrel Girl are going to be released shortly after launch). those who buy the $60 or $200 founder/ultimate packs get access to the game a few days early and get to keep that progress. [itssomething.jpg]

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:16 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 29 April 2013 - 11:24 PM.

I can see myself spending some money on this game. Not sure about the $200 pack though. If everything can be purchased individually I'd rather buy a few heroes that I like and wait for random drops for the others. I can play with one character for a long time, so buying a complete hero pack seems excessive.

Oh, with Black Widow I managed to defeat the Kingpin, Bullseye and Electra at the same time on one story level without dying once. Mostly by dodging and throwing grenades. It takes some time getting used to grenades because she always throws them in front of herself so you have to stop and turn around to face your foes in the middle of the battle in which you should be running and dodging. Bullseye can kill you in one shot if you stand still for too long.

Loman
  • Loman

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

The $60 pack also gets you full beta access, so that could help you out after this weekend. It's only a month until release though, so it won't be long to wait. I am probably going to buy one of the $20 starter packs before launch. And probably some G points to unlock some more characters too

Bullseye is a rat bastard in this game, lol. On the roof he's no sweat, but he always gets me in the kingpin fight. I usually just kill kingpin as quickly as I can and leave the other two alive and portal out lol. good on you for beating them, impressive icon14.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:39 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 29 April 2013 - 11:44 PM.

QUOTE (Loman @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 00:33)
The $60 pack also gets you full beta access, so that could help you out after this weekend. It's only a month until release though, so it won't be long to wait. I am probably going to buy one of the $20 starter packs before launch. And probably some G points to unlock some more characters too

Bullseye is a rat bastard in this game, lol. On the roof he's no sweat, but he always gets me in the kingpin fight. I usually just kill kingpin as quickly as I can and leave the other two alive and portal out lol. good on you for beating them, impressive icon14.gif

I had an artifact that pretty much guaranteed that I can't run out of spirit. +3 spirit every time I deal damage with a basic attack. That helped a lot. And my equipment gave me some minor health regen abilities. I had to use a few health packs though. But I didn't have many so I had to be smart about using them.
Kingpin was relatively easy to beat. He went down first. Then I thought I would get some cool loot for finishing off Electra and Bullseye. They didn't drop a god damn thing. So yeah, they are only there to make your life miserable.

Loman
  • Loman

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

This weekend is another open beta smile.gif
They're calling it the "final" open beta weekend, though, so no more after this until the game goes live june 4th. Only 4 weeks from now though biggrin.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Saw it had an open free beta weekend, I thought hey might as well go try it.

My god this game is so f*cking good. Currently playing as Deadpool at a sweet level 7 now. It's such a shame that they are gonna wipe out the beta progress of players. I'm getting too comfortable with Deadpool already.

I don't think I'll be playing as multiple characters and shall stick with Deadpool in the long run. Because A, it's easier for me that way and I don't have to manage everybody and B, it's f*cking Deadpool.

Seriously guys, this game is fun and addictive. I was over at Hell's Kitchen shooting up some thugs when I saw someone playing as Iron Man running away from some big baddies and bringing them to my line of fire. It was like that "I'm bringing the party to you" in The Avengers movie. There was also another awesome moment where I was busy shooting up the streets with Rocket Racoon.

I've been waiting for this game to be made my entire life, thank god it's here. I can see myself playing this game for the whole year.

Loman
  • Loman

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:26 AM Edited by Loman, 04 June 2013 - 01:48 AM.

Well, tomorrow is the day! 1PM EST is the time the game goes live! Be sure to patch early biggrin.gif I can't wait

Also, not MH related, but if anyone wants beta access to "Infinite Crisis" (think "League of Legends" with DC characters) sign up here first: https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en
and then sign up here: http://gamebattles.m.../infinitecrisis to get your access code. Redeem it, and then the next time they send out invites, you are on the list icon14.gif
Just figured I'd share, if someone else wants to make a new topic for it, go ahead, it looks pretty sweet too smile.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

I repeat myself, this game is so f*cking good. I'm pretty bummed out that I no longer have my Deadpool ever since the game officially launched but I guess Hawkeye will have to do. I also have Storm as well but I barely use her.
user posted image

Takes every superhero in this picture to take down Venom. Overkill much.
user posted image

I really hope I get some character drops soon. Hawkeye is fun and all but come on, other characters are way more cooler to play as. If I ever got Rocket Raccoon or a Deadpool, I would screamed like the littlest girl ever.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 08:03)
I repeat myself, this game is so f*cking good. I'm pretty bummed out that I no longer have my Deadpool ever since the game officially launched but I guess Hawkeye will have to do. I also have Storm as well but I barely use her.
user posted image

Takes every superhero in this picture to take down Venom. Overkill much.
user posted image

I really hope I get some character drops soon. Hawkeye is fun and all but come on, other characters are way more cooler to play as. If I ever got Rocket Raccoon or a Deadpool, I would screamed like the littlest girl ever.

You can play as others... you have to pay. Which kind of destroyed the fun instantly sad.gif .

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

I knew that. The most expensive heroes are Spiderman and Deadpool. They cost 2000Gs each. It annoys the hell outta me just running around in-game and suddenly seeing people playing as Deadpool.

Yeah you can use real money to buy characters, but you can get them in-game too. I know people who have received The Hulk, Iron Man and couple of others through item drops. Heck maybe I'll be lucky in the future. Unless I'm talking out of my arsehole here and saying the wrong things. You can receive each hero in the game right?!

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 08:49)
I knew that. The most expensive heroes are Spiderman and Deadpool. They cost 2000Gs each. It annoys the hell outta me just running around in-game and suddenly seeing people playing as Deadpool.

Yeah you can use real money to buy characters, but you can get them in-game too. I know people who have received The Hulk, Iron Man and couple of others through item drops. Heck maybe I'll be lucky in the future. Unless I'm talking out of my arsehole here and saying the wrong things. You can receive each hero in the game right?!

I read sh*t that to get the ammount of "ingame currency" to buy extra heroes takes an impossible ammount of time (so it's in short pretty much not possible to get it through "free" legit playing).

In short... you're forced to pay for it. Why can't they polish the game properly and f*ck the free to play model? Release trials/betas and let people pay for the game? I would like it so much more. I would play it big time and play to unlock special characters!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 09:22)
In short... you're forced to pay for it. Why can't they polish the game properly and f*ck the free to play model?

Because they'd have nothing to sell. It's all about the characters.

If you ask me, this should have been a single player game like Diablo and Torchlight. Give us all the characters and charge us a fair price for the game. It is unlikely that I'll start playing this now when I am busy playing The incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.

Loman
  • Loman

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:11 AM Edited by Loman, 07 June 2013 - 09:21 AM.

Yes, all characters are lootable, but they are very rare. When you beat Dr Doom, you get either another of the starter characters unlocked (making 3 for free), or a token to upgrade the ultimate power of the one you are playing. Some of the characters are pretty expensive, deadpool and iron man are the only two that are $20, the next tier cost $12, then $9, and the starters are $6. I'm glad I get paid tomorrow so I can buy some Gs biggrin.gif

Here is a free costume for you guys, it's for iron man (not the character, just a costume you can use if/when you unlock him):
http://www.alienware...e-key-giveaway/

Hopefully in the future we will see more things like this, along with price drops for older characters when new ones are added.

Also, if you have a character that you haven't played in a while, try playing them. The longer they are inactive, the better chance they have of finding rare items/characters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users