Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

118 replies to this topic
Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

What I would love to see is a prequel set in Vietnam War 2. As Rex and Spider battle the undead cyber Vietcong and NVA.

Add co-op to that and I don't see how people wouldnt buy the sh*t out of that from day 1.

Name it: Enter the Blood Dragon.
  • Failure and Mr Scratch like this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 07:14)
What I would love to see is a prequel set in Vietnam War 2. As Rex and Spider battle the undead cyber Vietcong and NVA.

Add co-op to that and I don't see how people wouldnt buy the sh*t out of that from day 1.

Holy f*ck, yes.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 13:14)

Oh my God, yes! This must happen. You should head over to Ubisoft forums and spread the idea around.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 23:40)
QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 13:14)

Oh my God, yes! This must happen. You should head over to Ubisoft forums and spread the idea around.

I'd like to see them do a prequel where they show how the invasion of Australia played out

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

I love how the unexpected success of this game has given us some hope that the kind of games we've been talking about for ages might actually happen. Jason Brody can eat a dick. Give us more Rex and Spider.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 13:53)

I love how the unexpected success of this game has given us some hope that the kind of games we've been talking about for ages might actually happen. Jason Brody can eat a dick. Give us more Rex and Spider.

I am tempted to check this out... I liked the over the top Eighties and "retro-nostalgic" (is that even a word?) vibe this has. Also yes indeed... from what I've seen the story and characters > Vanilla Far Cry big time. And I bet they put less effort in this than the vanilla story.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

"The Takedown Drag skill has nothing to do with cross-dressers"

Ha! I'm loving this game so far, probably the best thing you can get for the price!

I hate the damn flickering, does that continue throughout the entire game? It makes me physically sick feeling.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

I bought this the other day and got part of the way through the first mission and loved it, but as I feared with all of the extra lighting and particle effects Blood Dragon has the sh*ttiness of my CPU is starting to show.
I get around 30 fps on FC3 but can barely pull 20 on Blood Dragon sad.gif

Hopefully I can get an 8 core soon.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Sees Battle Dragon

Oh f*ck I have to fight him don't I

(Battle Dragon) The killstar controls me

(Me) Oh f*ck yes

Who else thought that

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

f*ckballs, I can't wait to get this game! biggrin.gif

rsgtafan
  • rsgtafan

Aka SenseiKOFF

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

Man I just finished the game 100%. Took me about 7h 30min. Pretty decent for a 15$ game. I just hope they would make a sequel like FarCry 3: Blood Dragon 2 biggrin.gif That would be awesome.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

Haha! The last mission was pure epicness!

I nearly lost it when the Battle Dragon says "I'M A FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!".

Also, there's an Easter egg near the center of the map. The coordinates are roughly X:522, Y:417. You'll most likely facepalm.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

I had my doubts about this title mostly being an arcade game as I haven't played any really good arcade games. And this is Far Cry. But after playing for at least 7 hours, this is a badass game. This is where Far Cry needs to go. As if FC3 wasn't awesome enough, they took it to a whole new level here. Lots of possibilities for sequals and new stories.

I didn't even start the main missions until I'd liberated all outposts, did all side missions, and collected everything. Now I just finished the dam mission. I'm not sure how many main missions there are nor do I much care because I'm sure they'll be awesome. I've already earned my $15 as far as I'm concerned. And I'll go and play it again at least once more.

Amazing what they accomplished here in a short amount of time after they nailed the FC3 general mechanics of success. Not to mention the weapons are outrageous after you get the attachments going. Looking forward to more.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Make no mistake, just because the game can be finished quicker than most games, not only doesnt mean that it isnt an amazing game but it is specifically down to the mechanics being just so easy to get into, the fact there is no fall damage, fast travel at any moment, super fast sprinting, the ability to buy maps to find collectibles.

They could have easily made the game last 20 hours just by making sh*t sluggish and annoying and fustrating to do. But because it is so awesome and easy to play you can finish it faster, but even still I used stealth alot and I often engaged in random firefights throughout the map and I didnt finish everything till around the 12-14 hour mark aprox, just because of the fun I was having in the atmosphere.

The story missions though only around 6 or 7, are actually really long and can last around 30-40 minutes based on if you stealth or not.

Besides, its a cheap as f*ck arcade game, it has given us so much more than we deserve out of of an XBLA game.

I hope they add the ability to reset outposts like they did with FC3, I would love to just retake all the bases over and over.

Or even a new game plus mode. Where you get to keep all your unlocks and weapons and redo the story and hostage situations etc.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

No doubt this is better than a lot of $60 tagged games these days. Purely awesome. If they can develop this in such a short time I can't imagine what they may do for a next gen full blown title on upgraded software. Which is what I'm hoping and pretty damn sure they will do at this point. Good times for sure.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

I'm also loving how easy it is to do "Death From Above" kills in this standalone game. Rex can jump quite higher than Brody, and that means you can execute many enemies just by Goomba stomping them.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Possible spoilers here for those who haven't finished the game but anyone who might have missed a reference or egg somewhere will enjoy this.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by Lightning Strike, 09 May 2013 - 03:53 PM.

I just finished the main story and oh my f*cking God, that was amazing. The nukes, the particle effects, the giant mother f*cking blood-dragon 4000 terminator that shoots lasers out his f*cking eyes! Seriously, is there anything more amazing then that final mission? I doubt it, I really f*ckin' doubt it.

I felt more affection for that blood-dragon 4000 (who can shoot lasers out of his f*cking eyes!) then any other character this year, oh and there are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the damn game? f*ck this game just keeps getting better and better.

Okay Ubisoft, sequel now please.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Just completed it 100% with all achievements at 7 hours 20 minutes. That was a fun ass game. Ending rocked. 10/10. icon14.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:15 PM Edited by Zancudo, 09 May 2013 - 09:19 PM.

Being a cutscene and storytelling aficionado, how many 'talking' is in this game? I'm quite interested in it, but I'm afraid it's gonna be all rockets-and-bombs kind of thing.

EDIT: And in terms of gameplay, is there anything more than shooting? I mean, some stealth action maybe? Sorry for the questions, but I'm wondering if the game is worth its price and hype.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 16:06)
Haha! The last mission was pure epicness!

I nearly lost it when the Battle Dragon says "I'M A FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!".

Also, there's an Easter egg near the center of the map. The coordinates are roughly X:522, Y:417. You'll most likely facepalm.

Hahaha, he took an arrow to the knee

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 13:15)
Being a cutscene and storytelling aficionado, how many 'talking' is in this game? I'm quite interested in it, but I'm afraid it's gonna be all rockets-and-bombs kind of thing.

EDIT: And in terms of gameplay, is there anything more than shooting? I mean, some stealth action maybe? Sorry for the questions, but I'm wondering if the game is worth its price and hype.

Not much for cutscenes besides some cheesy still images with voiceovers for a retro vibe. I think you'll enjoy it. Plus a lot of humorous nods. And you can play however you want. I prefer to go stealth mode unless my covers blown. And then it's fiery shotgun and laser rifle death to all.

Basically, you can play this however you want. Just like FC3. There's certain missions where you're required to use a certain weapon, but not many besides side hunting quests and whatnot. Everything else is open to you.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

May as well link this:

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

CorridorDigital. BEST VIDEO EVER!

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:15 AM Edited by Daz, 15 May 2013 - 06:20 AM.

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 20:46)
CorridorDigital. BEST VIDEO EVER!

I posted this on page 2.

I would love a movie or an online only mini series for a laugh.

Most of what I want from a game especially free roamable games like GTA for example, is the structure and ability to re-create scenes and atmospheric feelings from movies. So as soon as games like GTAIV for example shy away from parodies and homages to movie plots, it just ruins it for me.

Blood Dragon has about 99.9% of the game being a reference or an idea taken from something else, and does it diminish it in any way? NO. So why the f*ck do other games give a sh*t.

In the end it is a videogame and is it fun to play? That is the only question worth asking. So I hope there are more games to come out in the near future made in the same way. Why not just make a ripoff of die hard or lethal weapon or terminator? Because you sure as sh*t always wanted to play a decent game of the above but none past PS1 ever was up to scratch.

And one more thing, saw a video on the xbox360 dash with some people talking and slightly reviewing this game, only negative point they mentioned was it was repetitive. This quite pissed me off, was pac man not repetitive and fun back in the day? What about Tetris? People still played that.

I f*cking hate people reviewing games when they obviously know f*ck all about playing and enjoying them.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:57 PM Edited by SaintJimmy, 08 April 2014 - 12:58 PM.

Ok, so a year's bump..

But, having abandoned this for a year thinking my dickhole brother saved over my near-completed save, I realised he's actually not a dickhole and it was just the autosave.

Tl:dr I just finished this game.

And pretty much everything that happens after the portal screamed "TEST YOUR MIGHT" at me was pretty much the most amazing and satisfying sequence of events to ever grace my television.

I mean that whole arena, the f*cking montage - and a gigantic personal armored dragon TELEKENETICALLY LINKED to the Killstar in your cyber arm that shoots a beam of laserey destruction.

Dont even play this game entirely, just finish the last level. I feel like backing this up with a nicely worded letter to whoever was in charge of this.
  • Daz and Voodoo like this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:39 PM Edited by Voodoo, 08 April 2014 - 01:41 PM.

This is actually a pretty appropriate bump considering the heart attack some of us had on April 1st when we read about this -

http://www.slashgear...opers-01323295/

Blood Dragon was announced on April 1st too, and everyone thought it was a prank. Oh god please make Vietnam War 2 a thing.

W0JGODI.jpg

rcdZTFY.jpg

• Daz likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

I hope it's real, Blood Dragon is one of the best games ever made.

darthvader20011
  • darthvader20011

nobody is as fabulous as a kittycorn.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

I have got this on PC and the gameplay is awesome. I like when Rex shows middle fingers to dead enemies. Lol I make this everytime when I kill someone. Also the bow... good for silent killing... Dragons... I hate'em. They are very powerful... Anyways game is great!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users