Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it worth starting TLaD?

32 replies to this topic
RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

I got the double disk pack of BoGT and LaD and although I love and have completed BoGT, I can't even get motivated to start LaD mainly because it seems a bit depressing and I don't like riding the bikes and I understand that's like the main vehicle.

Is it worth bothering? Is it a good story? Obviously on this board most people will prefer TLaD but the general consensus on the forum seems to be that BoGT is way better.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

It's all personal preference. Everybody has their own opinions. I personally think that TLAD is a fun game, and has a great story. It gets a bit touching at the end. I encourage you to go through it. You may actually like it.

Double L.
  • Double L.

I hate Trevor !!

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yes DropThaSystem says true. But i think it's depressing like your said. You haven't got a nice home. Feels like you haven't got a home. I've finished it. It's good but I am interested in TBoGT more than TLaD. If i were you i would start it just for achieve for finish.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well, it helps to see some more sides of the whole story. Like the jewelry robbery at the docks and Evan's death, the shootout in the museum, shootout in chinatown, etc... It's like a giantq puzzle combined by all three games.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

I doubt you'll get through if you're not interested in the biker vibe, since that's the strongest point of the game. Personally, motorcycle clubs being one of my interests I loved it.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

lolleroz is right. If you don't like the biker theme, you won't enjoy going through the game very much. You need a bike for everything.

Nycki
  • Nycki

Tread lightly.

• The Yardies

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

I don't like most of the bikes in vanilla IV but I found the more traditional biker bikes in TLaD to be much easier to handle and with Johnny you don't seem to fall off quite as much.

ITSLOCBABY
  • ITSLOCBABY

Biker

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

If you're looking for motivation, watch Sons Of Anarchy. That will get you up for playing it!
I really enjoyed the game, much more than TBoGT. The story gave me a real sense of purpose, as the club was relying on you. I also developed a real hate for the AOD, to a point where I'd drop anyone I saw wearing the colours! I'm gonna play it through again, be a good stop gap until GTA V.

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 18:38)
I got the double disk pack of BoGT and LaD and although I love and have completed BoGT, I can't even get motivated to start LaD mainly because it seems a bit depressing and I don't like riding the bikes and I understand that's like the main vehicle.

Is it worth bothering? Is it a good story? Obviously on this board most people will prefer TLaD but the general consensus on the forum seems to be that BoGT is way better.

it's my favourite out of the 2 dlc's, but hoestly, my advice, you own it, so you might as well play it and see for yourself, don't let others influence your decision. I never thought i'd like it over the bogt, but I did by alot. so what have you got to lose?

P.s yes the bike handling is much improved to a point where it is actually more fun to be on your bike rather than use a car! which is a brillant achievemnt for a biker theme.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Its my favorite, obviously why I'm in this forum. Even if its not that appealing to you, Gamerscore or Trophies are to be had.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

im with everyone else here. TBOGT was too OVER THE TOP like all the older GTA games, which sure i enjoyed but multiplayer was definitely worse than IV and TLAD. I thought GTA IV era was about realism which TLAD and IV brought.

If you liked IV you will LOVE TLAD, it just replaces Niko with a kick ass Biker with all the perks added to it. (new weapons, Music on radio, formation riding...) and it's not nearly as long or annoying as GTA IV. icon14.gif

Thor110
  • Thor110

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

TBoGT is awesome, but all I can say is the last mission on TLaD is da bomb!

Thor110

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yes. Arguably better than GTA IV.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

TLaD has a very different feel from IV and TBoGT, that makes it very good

You should start playing it.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

I think TBoGT has better gameplay. But TLaD has a far superior story.

They both have their good and bad sides.

After playing both completely around 10-15 times, I enjoyed both, but TLaD is slightly more interesting in my opinion.

Los_Vincent
  • Los_Vincent

China

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Johnny,Niko,Luis reprents different level of our social like low ,medium and high ,that's why Rockstar made the three game cross (sorry for my bad english )

LHDH-EYE_
  • LHDH-EYE_

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

If you got both and only try out one. That's a waste of money. Play the whole game... If you didn't like it... oh well. But not trying is just stupid.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I pushed the red button!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (LHDH-EYE_ @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 04:17)
If you got both and only try out one. That's a waste of money. Play the whole game... If you didn't like it... oh well. But not trying is just stupid.

Agree. Even tho I hated TBOGT, I finished the story.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

I can agree with both of you above me. I too hated TBOGT, but i did play all the way through it so i could get all of the story. (Which GTA IV's Story is A LOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS) sadly it just took me awhile to get the Episodes... but when i did, TLAD LIVED up to my expectations. You could say my first night of playing was 5 hours straight. and i wasn't even halfway through the story. i was just enthralled at Biker feel. (Plus, Liking Sons Of Anarchy influenced me to play TLAD more) icon14.gif

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

The One Who Knocks

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

TLaD had a better story than IV or TBoGT. It was the only story that I wish was longer.

V8 Engine
  • V8 Engine

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

Personally TLAD was my favorite in the HD era

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Soooooooo is the OP going to play it or what or has the thread just been abandoned?

PhantomRoxas101
  • PhantomRoxas101

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

Personally, I liked TLAD better than TBOGT. Johnny's story felt more deeper than Niko and Luis. I never knew nor liked the biker or "outlaw" way of life. Although, with that story arc i fell in love with the vibe and the characters. Billy Grey and that punk Brian are also hilarious to me, and you'll love how the stories intertwine. Trust me, the story, weapons, and dialogue will keep you coming back for more! biggrin.gif

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Moffat @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 16:54)
Soooooooo is the OP going to play it or what or has the thread just been abandoned?

Lol, that's what I was thinking.

You here op? Play it man!

Hustlebanks
  • Hustlebanks

Negrodamus Jr.

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

I feel the same way as OP. I can't find the motivation to complete TLAD but I want to finish it before GTA 5 comes out.

GTAforthe21thcentury
  • GTAforthe21thcentury

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 18:38)

Why don't you have the motivation to play a video game? After all, tlad is only like 25 missions?

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Just starting it myself. I also thought it looked grim.

The problem is that grimy filter. You can turn off the noise in the Display menu and everything will look shiny and new. Very tbogt-ish

Then get ready to blast a lot o fools. Great fun so far.

Good luck

asitsaysinthebook
  • asitsaysinthebook

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

I wasn't too sure about it when I started playing it but it caught my attention superfast and then I was hooked. I'd recommend it!

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Go for it. I was hesitant at first when starting it, but when I eventually did, I was hooked.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (coach_wargo @ Monday, May 6 2013, 11:25)
TLaD had a better story than IV or TBoGT. It was the only story that I wish was longer.

Can't Agree more, plus the bike handling was rebalanced.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users