Photo

Car damage

74 replies to this topic
twistedweather
  • twistedweather

dust in the wind

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (SlappyPwnsAss @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 10:42)
Do you think the damage done to the cars, when you hit a wall or another car, should change from GTA IV to V?

i dunno what do you think?

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

I think damage should be more sensitive while high speed crashes. A high speed crash should affect the whole body like bending the roof n sh*t.

upyoustolemylungs
  • upyoustolemylungs

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

The ONLY thing that "disappointed me" (not really) about the gameplay trailer was that there was no damage given to the security truck when the tow truck rammed it. I know it's supposed to be armored, but at that speed and that truck, I think more damage would be done. It looked like the truck just fell over:

user posted image

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (upyoustolemylungs @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:43)
The ONLY thing that "disappointed me" (not really) about the gameplay trailer was that there was no damage given to the security truck when the tow truck rammed it. I know it's supposed to be armored, but at that speed and that truck, I think more damage would be done. It looked like the truck just fell over:

user posted image

There was just a little dent if you look closely. There should be more. Maybe it was because of the cut scene.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

In one of the trailers there was a half a second of damage shown. It looked just like in GTA4, maybe slightly improved. Hopefully to the point where your car stops working permananty once the engine is flat as a fresh made pancake in the morning.

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Given the addition of roll cages I hope that's an indicator that Rockstar has finally implemented roof damage and the possibility that cars will be crushable to some extent, especially if we have tanks and/or monster trunks again. Was always disappointing to have a large vehicle drive over a smaller one and cause next to no damage. Or in the GTA III-era with tanks, explode on contact. >_>

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

Should there even be major damage done to the van? It's an armored van, so it sounds about right that it would tip over and have a considerably big dent in it instead of real damage.

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (tenpennyisplainevil @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 11:59)
Should there even be major damage done to the van? It's an armored van, so it sounds about right that it would tip over and have a considerably big dent in it instead of real damage.

What about the tow truck?

MrSelfHater
  • MrSelfHater

Awaiting GTA V on PC

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by MrSelfHater, 12 July 2013 - 10:47 AM.

QUOTE (gtaTeamMichael @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 11:50)
QUOTE (Jantsu92 @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 11:35)
QUOTE (gtaTeamMichael @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 10:55)
It should improve.

If anything needs changing, I think the cars should be changed. SR3 had great driving mechanics except you couldn't 'hang' onto a drift, you turned sharply and the turning was good (better than GTA IV's, SR3's entire driving mechanics were) except SR3 had a problem with drifting and brake-turning.

GTA V should have SR3 style of driving with: turns that realistically drift, and reversing that can reverse sharp and narrowly/tightly, not widely.

H*ll no!
SR3 driving physics is awful. The cars feel weightless and like they're on rails. GTA IV has the best driving physics I've seen in any sandbox game.

I liked GTA IV damage model but it could still be improved. There should be more parts falling apart of the cars when you crash heavily. In GTA IV only hood and doors fell apart. It would be awesome if bumpers and tires were able to fall apart when you crash.

I'm saying GTA V driving should be like SR3, not the damage. SR3 damage sucks.

In SR3 you could drift actually, for as long as you wanted. You had to hold the handbrake and the car didn't even slow down
(sorry for the capslock)
IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST RETARDED THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN, EVEN IN SAINTS ROW (and that's saying something)
The car physics was retarded, the suspension was nonexistent, f*ck! If you landed on e.g. grass, there were sparks from your landing like it's asphalt or concrete
Really, if someone ever says that any game should have that driving system, them getting murdered shouldn't even be considered a bad thing.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (kasparlaks @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 11:25)
QUOTE (tenpennyisplainevil @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 11:59)

What about the tow truck?

It was an entirely flat surface it bumped into and tow trucks are pretty strong on the front, so it seems about right to me.

22ka
  • 22ka

VETRON

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

I wana see tires fall off if I drive off a 20 story building and the suspention should completly fail at just 5 stories.

The side veiw mirrors should come off along with bumpers and the roof if I hit something sharp that's really low at high speeds

felixuta
  • felixuta

The Real Deal yo!

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

I hope so. In GTA 4, it was 10x better than in SA, but nowadays it still could be improved.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Canis Bodhi driver.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Trevor's Sabre GT has a roll cage so I guess roofs can be crushed in.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:26 PM Edited by Gigabomber, 12 July 2013 - 09:33 PM.

Frankly, that tow truck was too small for the job. Doubt it would even knock over a properly armored extremely heavy loaded truck in the first place.

The truck in HEAT had WAY more meat to it, not to mention 4 axles.

Kakka Carrot Cake
  • Kakka Carrot Cake

You am no real super sand

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

It has been improved!
In GTA IV bumpers couldn't fall off, but in V, even the fenders fall off! Look at this!
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users