The Writers' Room

1,751 replies to this topic
MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

@AceRay - The awkward moment when I know that's from the rape sloth meme......

The Bar
  • The Bar

What's your poison?

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (TonyZimmzy @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 17:50)
QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 17:47)
I think my name fits. I see no point in changing it at all.

f*ck your name. I don't even understand it and it doesn't represent you at all. angry.gif

user posted image

My name is a cool represenation. It doesn't allude to stupid things like being a 'king', or being a President. sly.gif

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hold mah earrings, Imma kill this bitch ! XD

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

me against the world

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (TonyZimmzy @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 17:50)
QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 17:47)
I think my name fits. I see no point in changing it at all.

f*ck your name. I don't even understand it and it doesn't represent you at all. angry.gif

I believe Ziggy named it after a friend of his who passed away.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Weekend Warlock

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

If I had to change my name Id change it to Orbitalrainscocks.

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

I thought you meant orbital rain scocks for a second lol. I was gonna ask what a scock is. tounge.gif

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

This is why I hate writing in a notepad. Look at my handwriting lol.

http://i.imgur.com/ZBX1jWz.jpg

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Vice President @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 15:33)
This is why I hate writing in a notepad. Look at my handwriting lol.

http://i.imgur.com/ZBX1jWz.jpg

The only person who needs to be able to see that writing is you. So it doesn't matter how bad it is. My handwriting is TERRIBLE.

Eminence
  • Eminence

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

And mine is much worse than that. As Ziggy says, only you need to be able to decipher it, so don't worry!

Although I've encountered a few difficult times when I can't figure out my own handwriting if I leave it too long before looking at something... awkward.

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Oh, I thought mine was the worst handwriting in the world lol. I can read it almost all of the time. If you can read that, that’s roughly 1/10th of the introduction mission of my next project. tounge.gif

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Alreet lads? It's been a while since I posted in the writers Discussion so I thought I'd start being a bit more active around here!

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (Eminence @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 17:15)
And mine is much worse than that. As Ziggy says, only you need to be able to decipher it, so don't worry!

Although I've encountered a few difficult times when I can't figure out my own handwriting if I leave it too long before looking at something... awkward.

http://img521.images...1/1125/krqu.jpg

I actually think this is quite neat: http://i.imgur.com/ZBX1jWz.jpg

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

@Mokrie - Chinese? Why not some of your Jamacian food? tounge.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

So, Eminence has approved my idea of a topic similar to the bar, here are the details:

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 17:08)
So basically I was wondering if I could create something similar to The Bar? It's like a survior game after a virus outbreak, you kinda similar to The last of us.

basically, to make it interesting, you can do missions for different npc's and as you complete missions you get money you can interfere into other characters and pick up a fight or just hunt for collectibles and achievements. you can join different survior factions around the city.

Yes it's going to be hard but im gonna create a spare account if you approve it of course.

Thank you.

Anyone interested? It'd be great to start this up.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 12:26)
So, Eminence has approved my idea of a topic similar to the bar, here are the details:

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 17:08)
So basically I was wondering if I could create something similar to The Bar? It's like a survior game after a virus outbreak, you kinda similar to The last of us.

basically, to make it interesting, you can do missions for different npc's and as you complete missions you get money you can interfere into other characters and pick up a fight or just hunt for collectibles and achievements. you can join different survior factions around the city.

Yes it's going to be hard but im gonna create a spare account if you approve it of course.

Thank you.

Anyone interested? It'd be great to start this up.

You piece a' sh*t. You're stealing The Bar just to patent your own sick and twisted wants! How dare you. You shouldn't have gone to Eminence, you should have come to me. I am disgusted sir. I am disgusted and I will leave momentarily. How dare you steal my concept. angry.gif

I'm kidding. Feel free to PM me for table codes and such if you get stuck. I'd join it in a heartbeat.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

I was actually thinking of doing a horror style co op thing a few months back called The Forest, similar to a Stephen King novel or Silent Hill or something, with ghosts and sh*t.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

The closest thing I ever created was Build Up Your Survivor which was set in some kind of Left 4 Dead rendition of Detroit. Nobody joined.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:30 PM Edited by Osric, 07 July 2013 - 11:47 PM.

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 21:23)
The closest thing I ever created was Build Up Your Survivor which was set in some kind of Left 4 Dead rendition of Detroit. Nobody joined.

I joined. Didn't get to do much because it died in an abrupt manner.

I wish I could bring back Build Up Your Survivor, or any of the Build Up Your X type of games to tide me over until me and Ace make Build Up Your Gang V when GTA5 comes out.

I did have an idea for Build Up Your Gang involving real-life and historic gangs such as the Gambino Family, Bloods, Crips, MS-13, Hells Angels, The Westies, etc. Not sure if it'd be allowed though.

After Build Up Your Army's success in 2009 (and remember, BUYG IV was quite active at the time and there was a 3D Era BUYG), a lot of BUYX games appeared on this board, some of which were good (Build Up Your Army, Build Up Your Survivor), and others were sub-standard (The Godfather-themed Build Up Your Family, and the hilariously god-awful Build Up Your City), so there was a massive backlash against BUYX games and I think they might have been banned from the board.

Then again, this was in 2009/early 2010, so who knows what has changed?

So, Eminence, with your permission, can I bring back Build Up Your Survivor or do a Build Up Your Gang with real and historic gangs?

On another topic, I had an idea for a story about an Irish street gang. I was reading about the Irish Mob and gangs like The Westies and the Winter Hill Gang, and it's interesting, I must admit. Also, I made my first post in The Bar

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Osric, I suggest you restart Build up Your Army, because I'm doing a survivor.

If anyone is interested drop in a post below, I need to create a spare account and I can't manage the whole post itself so I'm gonna ask AceRay if he can take up a moderating position nothing on Ziggs of course.

I feel it's going to be interesting, here is what I have in mind:

Teaser:

• There are going to be more NPC's than the bar.
• Random peds can be included in your story but they don't play a major role in that.
• There are many different districts and cities in the game each run by a faction.
• Each faction has a leader and few NPC's and a few random members.
• The more you do missions for a faction the higher you rank up. If you rank up to Captain you have the ability to attack other factions.
• If you're faction is defeated but you survive you either have to create a new faction i.e. roaming the streets asking a few random peds or join another faction but this will be tough since you were part of a rival faction.
• I'll be part of a special Government faction controlling all your rank-ups and monitoring your status.
• Script writing is allowed.
• This is a tactical game, so during a fight if the other member is winning, choose you're moves wisely, I of course will be monitoring it.
• No multiple characters allowed, if you don't like your character just kill him and create a new one.

Yes, it sounds more like a game but I've got it all planned, expect more teasers in the future!

Eminence
  • Eminence

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Oh god.

The Bar is slow enough as it is, and now you want to introduce two more of these games?

You're going to spread people too thin and all three will end up dying out. I guarantee it.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Eminence @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 17:44)
Oh god.

The Bar is slow enough as it is, and now you want to introduce two more of these games?

You're going to spread people too thin and all three will end up dying out. I guarantee it.

Eh, you were the one who gave me the go-ahead. confused.gif

should I abandon it then?

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Eminence @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 12:14)
Oh god.

Undertstandable, I can wait.

The Bar is good enough as it is.

Eminence
  • Eminence

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 13:23)
Oh god.

Can you read?

QUOTE (My PM)
You don't really need my approval - go for it. What you do need, though, is the approval of the people who will be taking part. If nobody is interested, it'll fall flat on its face... so you need to make sure that it's as interesting a concept as possible. Perhaps bring it up in the writers' room to gauge peoples' opinions first?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Eminence @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 18:57)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 13:23)
Oh god.

Can you read?

QUOTE (My PM)
You don't really need my approval - go for it. What you do need, though, is the approval of the people who will be taking part. If nobody is interested, it'll fall flat on its face... so you need to make sure that it's as interesting a concept as possible. Perhaps bring it up in the writers' room to gauge peoples' opinions first?

I can. But I guess you're right, I'm not going ahead with it since the bar already exists I'll wait for some more time.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Do any of you get spurred on in your writing? Like do you have anybody who actually believes you're a good writer or gives you a reason to write?

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

@Ziggy - WD is one of the main reasons I write. I think you and Tony especially support me smile.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:54 PM Edited by Mokrie Dela, 08 July 2013 - 10:56 PM.

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 22:37)
do you have anybody who actually believes you're a good writer

Nope
Only the fans of col/JIF but whatever fan base I had is probably mostly gone
There's a few people here who maybe djo but IRL? None
None of my friends, not my gf, give a sh*t. My second closest friend gave up on COL and his excuse was less than convincing.
In truth I haven't written for ages, and last time I did it was utter tripe

My last two uploads have not seemed very popular either so that doesn't help
I don't feel I'm capable of holding attention. I'm convinced most people skimmed over col and jif.
I find myself questioning it more and more each day. Sure, 'write for yourself' but that's called keeping a journal. I want people to read my stuff and be entertained by it.

Osric
  • Osric

In The Name Of The Moon

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:42 AM Edited by Osric, 10 July 2013 - 06:45 AM.

I know this goes against common sense, but I want to start a GTA role-play in the style of The Bar (speaking of which, I need to fix my post in that), and it'd be set in the 3D Era of GTA, specifically Liberty City and maybe the surrounding rural areas, which would be represented as a borough called "Liberty County" or better known as "Upstate" and it would be connected to Shoreside Vale via a tunnel.

I've been playing LCS and III a lot lately, so I'm nostalgic for the old Liberty City, hence why I picked the place.

However, I'm not asking to put it here, given the reaction to fanfic stuff around here. What I am asking is where would be the best place for this type of thing? WD or one of the GTA boards?

Right now, this idea is just wishful thinking rather than any actual plan. So who knows what I will end up doing?

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 11:54)
Only the fans of col/JIF but whatever fan base I had is probably mostly gone
There's a few people here who maybe djo but IRL? None
None of my friends, not my gf, give a sh*t. My second closest friend gave up on COL and his excuse was less than convincing.
In truth I haven't written for ages, and last time I did it was utter tripe

My last two uploads have not seemed very popular either so that doesn't help
I don't feel I'm capable of holding attention. I'm convinced most people skimmed over col and jif.
I find myself questioning it more and more each day. Sure, 'write for yourself' but that's called keeping a journal. I want people to read my stuff and be entertained by it.

Aw, poor Mokrie, I think somebody needs a hug. cryani.gif you sincerely need to find some friends who'd read your stories.

I think we should focus on getting Bar up and running before we start talking spinoffs, we're only five pages in. If it bombs, then maybe.

Lethal Nizzle
  • Lethal Nizzle

Optima dies, prima fugit

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

I always had support from my teachers back in secondary school. They believed that I had an easy-to-read and fluid writing style and that some of the pieces I came out with were high in quality. I've had similar feedback at university, albeit not as positive; my writing style is often a little too descriptive for academic essays and the point I'm trying to make gets lost under a sea of descriptive jargon.

I've also had good feedback from WD for some of the pieces I've submitted which of course I'm thankful for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users