GTA IV FIXING PROJECT

8 replies to this topic
GxStorm
  • GxStorm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Hello!

The title.... Fixing GTA IV... What? Why Rockstar?

Yes, Rockstar made a PC port of GTA IV leaving US, users, stranded with a poorly optimized game, with bad performance issues, stability, and a hard work for modders around the web!

We can't mod the game cars at our own will, without getting TONS of taxis around town! ...Mod the graphics without worrying about FPS drops and clips on high end systems?!

Nevertheless, GTA IV has one of the greatest modding comunities around the web....

SO! I come to you, GTA FORUM users, to gather modders around the web, programmers to try and fix this game ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Someone that know about coding, that can dig around with GTA IV files....
Someone that can work on the graphics...
Someone that could find a way to the taxi bug fix...

There are tons of fixes out there, graphic fixes, taxi bug fixes.... but then, we have missing textures, texture flickering, and other issues

Conclusion, we create other problems trying to fix the first ones... It's frustrating!

This is not a mod, it's a REBUILD! and it's ABOUT TIME!

Who's with me? smile.gif

Brainsick
  • Brainsick

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:15 AM Edited by Brainsick, 14 April 2013 - 05:05 AM.

And what will you be doing exactly? Nobody is going to jump on board when you haven't offered any sort of useful ability to make this happen.

In all honesty, I don't see this happening at all, nowadays less and less people play this game (specially with GTA V around the corner), and it's not like you can do magic and turn on an 'optimization' button. If frames per second is what worries you it's not that bad if you have capable hardware, in fact, any quad core clocked at around 3ghz and a decent GPU can average 60fps on high settings.

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (GxStorm @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 23:36)
Hello!

The title.... Fixing GTA IV... What? Why Rockstar?

Yes, Rockstar made a PC port of GTA IV leaving US, users, stranded with a poorly optimized game, with bad performance issues, stability, and a hard work for modders around the web!

We can't mod the game cars at our own will, without getting TONS of taxis around town! ...Mod the graphics without worrying about FPS drops and clips on high end systems?!

Nevertheless, GTA IV has one of the greatest modding comunities around the web....

SO! I come to you, GTA FORUM users, to gather modders around the web, programmers to try and fix this game ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Someone that know about coding, that can dig around with GTA IV files....
Someone that can work on the graphics...
Someone that could find a way to the taxi bug fix...

There are tons of fixes out there, graphic fixes, taxi bug fixes.... but then, we have missing textures, texture flickering, and other issues

Conclusion, we create other problems trying to fix the first ones... It's frustrating!

This is not a mod, it's a REBUILD! and it's ABOUT TIME!

Who's with me? smile.gif

boy you should be giving pep talks at football games

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

i thought visual IV was already supposed to do this?

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Nice idea, I don't want to attack you, but R* themselves couldn't fix this game let alone some fans and more or less talent programers, modders, I don't want to say that this's impossible but i think that this's very very hard.

This game can be fixed only by R*, but they don't want to spend another months (or less) free work about that.
They was in hurry when the game came out for PC, reason - the holidays of 2008, the result - disgusting PC port.
Then and until 2010 was a patches, for me all patches are like some fans mods - nothing seriously.
The conclusion of R* is that the game will run well on the future PC.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

yeah, i remember flipping out when rockstar toronto told us that lie. gta iv doesn't even recognize more than four cores, or 3gb and over sized graphic cards... let alone sli\xfire\dual graphics...

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Rockstar gave more or less up with GTA IV after the seventh patch for obvious reasons and even if it's possible to fix the performance of GTA IV, I don't think it's really worth the effort. I'm not sure if you will find enough modders who are going to do this, hell I'm not sure if you will find anyone. I think it's more likely that some modders are going to recreate as much as possible of IV in GTA V, which will have an optimized engine.

GxStorm
  • GxStorm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

the game is dead....

and of course rockstar wont lift a finger for it....

I'm just trying to revive this game... ANd it doesn't matter if GTA V is around the corner, people will want to play GTA IV or others as a warm up

It would serve as a lesson to Rockstar..... But it's a long shot I suppose

Visual IV is great and all, but GTA as other internal problems...

k12314
  • k12314

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Well, I'm with you. I'm a Windows 8 user, and I can't even RUN the f*cking game. I for one would love someone to fix this steaming pile of sh*t Rockstar calls a port.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users