This mod replaces most of the commonly heard sounds in GTA: San Andreas contained within the GENRL and FEET archives. The aim of this mod is to work within the constraints of the game engine to ensure that no major bugs will occur.
Many other sound modifications will commonly use sounds that are higher quality or longer in duration than their original counterparts, leading to issues which include interference from random game sounds, high-pitched clicks, and improper looping. One of the most common of these bugs is the rain bug, which is an interference bug caused by improperly modified weapon sounds. In this bug, the rain will sample random bits of game audio (usually banging/clanging sounds) in place of the sound normally used for rain.
To avoid bugs, every sound bank folder must be the same size as the original. The easiest way to accomplish this is to have every sound use the same duration and frequency as its original counterpart.
However, for the gun sounds (bank 137), I was able to use higher quality and longer duration audio by decreasing the size of other sounds within the same bank. This only works for sound banks with many sounds that have the potential to be shortened with no noticeable reduction in quality during gameplay.
List of sounds this mod replaces
- Gun sounds
- Reload sounds
- Car sounds
- Bike sounds
- Plane sounds
- Helicopter sounds
- Train sounds
- Explosion sound
- Fire sound
- Supersonic bullet crack/impact sounds
- Siren sounds
- Crash sounds
- Garage door sound
- Braking/tire skid sound
- Rain sound
- Interface sounds
- Car door sounds
- Car start sound
- Pavement footstep sounds
- Gravel footstep sounds
- Grass footstep sounds
- Metal footstep sounds
- Dirt footstep sounds
- Some of the vehicle sounds become glitched in SA-MP, mostly on popular severs with 50+ players. I'm going to look into fixing this before the next release.
- Pedestrian pain/scream sounds
- Sounds for the five remaining car/bike sounds not covered in the beta release
- Alternate suppressed gun sounds
- Alternate reload for revolvers
- Alternate sounds for different types of jet aircraft
- Alternate sound for steam locomotives
- Various types of emergency sirens
Edited by Triangulum, 05 May 2013 - 03:48 AM.