» «
Photo

How I think multiplayer could work...

19 replies to this topic
Cluckin Bell Dwayne Forge
  • Cluckin Bell Dwayne Forge

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:51 AM Edited by Cluckin Bell Dwayne Forge, 14 April 2013 - 08:34 AM.

First of all, I have to give credit to some other people on the forum and the people who made the
''How to make money work" and Multiplayer kind of topics, because my idea is similar to it.
But please don't think you'll know everything i'm going to say, i'm also expanding on the idea and some things might be interesting for you.

What I think would work well (single- or multiplayer) is if the heists would be availabe for the R* ''Crews"' to do.
It could work like this :

You start from the ground doing small time jobs, how about stealing cars and selling them for example? If Franklin can make money of of cars,
why not in multiplayer? It would be nice to have some places to fix these cars up, get them fixed, this is where custimization could play a role.
And you don't have to sell all cars, you could keep some of them yourself, some might be rare or come in handy.

Some drug trafficking could also be nice, like in some of the other GTA games, we know there are planes available.
And you can take different routes, for some jobs you'll want to travel through the desert at night.

There's nothing wrong with messing up drug deals from other people either, GTA 4 has this alot actually if you think about.
You leave with the cash, merchandise or both. And the merchandise can be drugs of course but why not weapons you can use or cars?

Money transports aren't new to the series either. An armored truck, not that hard to rob. How about a plane? Can you imagine?
You either steal a plane and fly away or you take what's in the plane and put it in a van.

I'll talk about all these kind of jobs and features later on.

Now of course the big heists we all look forward to,

You start a crew and you plan up for a heist but another crew wants to do the same job, so you have to compete.
You and your crew, of course, want to be better than the others. So what do you do?

Now this is where the money comes in. You have to start of doing smalls jobs because you begin with nothing.
And you have to make a lot of money to prepare for the heist, you have to get the tools.

So after you have done you've done a lot of small jobs you bring the money together to buy stuff.
There are standard costs you have to pay for explosives and tools to eliminate security systems and safe doors.
And you need to have a truck big enough for the tools and crew members.
These are the things neccessary for the job that everyone needs, without them you can't do it.

But even when you've done the heist and you made it out, you're still not safe.
If you've done the heist fast enough, you won't have to worry about the cops too much, get someone to take out a helicopter.
But, the other crew is still out there and they can take you out and you'll lose all your stuff.
You need some protection and a place where you're safe. You'll read how in a moment.

But now, where I'm trying to go with this :
You use your hard-earned cash to buy equipment for your crew,
you'll want to get assault rifles and maybe some custimized snipers and a getaway car.
We need car and gun custimization, we stole some cars on a few jobs and we didn't sell them, because they might come in handy.

You use your money to buy a few garages, and in those garages you're able to fix these cars,
you make them armored, so they're harder to destroy. You upgrade the engine, add nitrous maybe and good tires that don't pop so fast.
Maybe car custimization is not even in, fine, then you just have to do a lot of jobs to get rare or special cars like these or for example as a special reward. Get some special guns, silenced ones or snipers with lasers, maybe a nice rocket launcher. (Smoke bombs?!!)
Good body armor to protect you.

You compete to get to the place you want to rob, armored cars last longer, cars with nitrous or upgraded engines will be faster.
Get some of your crew mates to throw grenades or guns to shoot out tires or kill people.
You get there first, you go in and use whatever tools you have to take out security (systems) or safe doors and silenced guns would be nice, because the cops wouldn't be alerted so fast and it'll save you time. Make sure no one escapes or alerts emergency services.
Maybe throw in a smoke bomb if you've got the cash to buy and use them.
Then if you've made it and you completed the heist, you're not safe yet.

If you were fast enough no cops will have arrived yet or if you're very fast or specialized, the cops won't even be on their way (yet).
It can be only a helicopter has arrived to inform the agents, if you and your crew have taken good positions, someone outside can take the helicopter out easily with a rocket launcher or assault rifle/sniper you bought if you had the cash. And if you were slow any cop cars and trucks have to be taken out aswell or even a blockade if you were really slow.

So the police is gone for now, or chasing you, but the other crew is still around.
Either way you want to have a car or van that's armored to take up the bullets or explosives, the more cash you spend, the better you're car will be. Also the depending on the kind of car you got, all bought with you're money from previous jobs. And some good tires would be nice aswell, since you don't want them to be popped out easily. And again, you need a good strategy here because an armored car will be slow, but strong.
And a truck, armored or not, will be even slower, but there's more place for crew members and items.
There needs to be enough space for the stuff you stole and if you have a big crew you can divide the stuff between different groups.
It easier to take out one car but if you split up there's a big chance one car will get away, so you won't lose everything.
You can also have a big armored truck that's relatively slow but it will protect you and your crew well and the stuff aswell, while having alot of space for items and also space for alot of crew members. You can make a convoy to protect the truck.

And a real challenge would be for the really experienced crews to provide enough money to buy multiple armored trucks or cars.
And you make them look the exact same and you can trick your enemies, because they won't know for sure which car has the treasure.

So if you've got enough money you can use special items and strategies.
You either get out safe and slow with an armored van or you get out as fast as you can with a car with nitrous, upgraded engines and boosts.
If you're all about the strategy, use multiple cars and/or split up, or make a convoy or make cars look the same for confusion.

And if you're new to heists or you don't have much cash, maybe you won't have enough cars to pack all the stuff from the heist.
You will either have to go back later to pick the stuff up but you will risk a lot, you may die or get busted, but if you already stored up the stuff you took before, you won't lose that stuff. So there's still a lot of profit to be made.
Or if you can't take everything with you, you can simply leave the rest of the stuff behind for either the other crew to take, to stay,
or if you don't want the other crew to be able to get it, blow it all up.
After you've made enough cash you will be able to buy enough cars to pack everything up in one go.

Your chance of survival and succeeding will all be dependent on the weapons, the skills, the strategies and the cars you use.

And now the last thing I'm going to talk about (don't worry it's not much longer) is where to flee to.
You either have to shake of the cops by using a pay 'n spray or one of you're garages, or you have to shake of the other crew in the same way or by, here come's the interesting part, make it to you're headquarters (i'll explain what it is).

And what I mean by making it you're headquarters is, get you and your crew to a place where you're safe.
My idea of a headquarters is similar to the place you use in TBOGT (GTA IV's Episodes from Liberty City) in drug wars.
It worked like this in case you don't know or remember:

(It wasn't so much a headquarters or enterable building in TBOGT, but I think it would be nice to have.)
After stealing cash or merchandise from a drug deal, you had to flee or go to a point where you were safe and upon reaching it, you were done.
Why not offer space like this, for example a building you can either buy (unlikely) or get as a reward.
You will be safe there, with maybe some crew members that can help you because they weren't on your job.
When you reach you're HQ or just a sort of safehouse, the members that were at the HQ can take out the other crew with snipers, or whatever you have available. There are garages for you're vehicles (be it a car you lock up) a dock if you used a boat or even a hangar for a plane you used in your getaway, or a heliport.

Then when you're in the garage the merchandise or cash is safe.
About the HQ I was talking about, I think it would be very nice to have.

Imagine what I said :

Garages and parking spaces for your cars, docks for your boats, heliports for your helicopters and hangars for your planes.
Free weapons and free armor available inside. A place you can upgrade, of course you start of small.
Think of members working in groups doing different jobs or people just hanging out at the HQ and if you get there being chased, those members that were just hanging out shout the crap out of anyone trying to do you something.
A heist where you want the mechandise from a plane, you can bring a few vans to pack the plane's content and get out of there before the airport security and cops are with too many, you may want to bring alot of crew members for this. Or just take the plane and fly away.
Get a helicopter. You are free to choose.

I would really like to see this.
And the HQ could also feature in missions to rob, attack or destroy other crews headquarters.
So the more money you spend the more stuff available. You can get stuff to protect you're building from being destroyed.
If another crew destroys you're HQ they can take all you're stuff. You will lose what you have and you have to pay to get the place repaired.

Missions start at your HQ, you meet up there, you prepare and nobody can harm you.

Grand Theft Auto V, put that money to use

Sir_Ragamuffin
  • Sir_Ragamuffin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

i'm not big on multiplayer but that sounds awesome, i would play the crap out of that

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Sir_Ragamuffin @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 09:35)
i'm not big on multiplayer but that sounds awesome, i would play the crap out of that

Thanks for posting, I'm glad you like it.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

I hope R* has done something as awesome as this sounds. I can just imagine rolling up to a bank/drug deal, in my crews upgraded supercars, and gunning everyone down before grabbing the cash/drugs.

I also hope, apart from ranking our crews up with heists, we rank up our own characters in a similar way to RDR, where when you do rank up you unlock new weapons and mounts, which in this case could be cars. To be able to activate your car in Free Roam, press up on the d-pad and it will show a blue dot with a car symbol on the map, which is where your car is parked. Other players are able to get in your car before you, but it doesn't show up on the map for them.

OP, these are truly excellent ideas, and if R* put these into MP, I would certainly play it much more than IV's.

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Best multiplayer GTA multiplayers (there are two) ever made: http://sa-mp.com/ http://www.mtasa.com/

Why? Because you can do almost anything you want (if you have programming skills), possibilities are endless.

Just some examples.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 11:06)
I hope R* has done something as awesome as this sounds. I can just imagine rolling up to a bank/drug deal, in my crews upgraded supercars, and gunning everyone down before grabbing the cash/drugs.

I also hope, apart from ranking our crews up with heists, we rank up our own characters in a similar way to RDR, where when you do rank up you unlock new weapons and mounts, which in this case could be cars. To be able to activate your car in Free Roam, press up on the d-pad and it will show a blue dot with a car symbol on the map, which is where your car is parked. Other players are able to get in your car before you, but it doesn't show up on the map for them.

OP, these are truly excellent ideas, and if R* put these into MP, I would certainly play it much more than IV's.

Thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (CTCCoco @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 11:18)
Best multiplayer GTA multiplayers (there are two) ever made: http://sa-mp.com/ http://www.mtasa.com/

Why? Because you can do almost anything you want (if you have programming skills), possibilities are endless.

Just some examples.

Thanks for sharing. So much you can do.

datboishad
  • datboishad

realisitic boob physics!!!

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif icon14.gif

StraightedgeHardcore
  • StraightedgeHardcore

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

I plan on doing the Ocean/Desert "glitch".

Get a friend to go far out into the desert with a car/vehicle, you befriend someone, ask if they want to see the 'desert glitch', fly far out and tip the chopper over and bail out when you get near your friend. You and your friend drive back and the other guy is either stranded and takes a long 15 minute walk/run or quits.

I did this in IV, except replace desert with ocean. That way they couldn't access cheats, spawn vehicles, etc, and swimming was slower than running. tounge.gif

WeAreWaiting
  • WeAreWaiting

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

user posted image

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (WeAreWaiting @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 00:28)
user posted image

I don't know why but I can't stop laughing after seeing that lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

C4RR4NZ4
  • C4RR4NZ4

Peerless

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

TL;DR but I skimmed it and you have some good ideas.

marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

I don't care about the MP at all. yawn.gif

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

If you didn't read, why bother posting?

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Great Idea's, Sounds Awesome! icon14.gif

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

I only read 'heists in multiplayer' and i was sold.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 10:39)
Great Idea's, Sounds Awesome! icon14.gif

Thanks, glad you like it.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

It seems like my idea is a lot like what multiplayer turned out to be, don't you think?

datboishad
  • datboishad

realisitic boob physics!!!

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Cluckin Bell Dwayne Forge @ Thursday, Aug 15 2013, 17:16)
It seems like my idea is a lot like what multiplayer turned out to be, don't you think?

congrats cookie.gif

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users