Photo

How will you say goodbye

261 replies to this topic
Fr0zT uP
  • Fr0zT uP

GTA 4 Life

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

I will probably play IV even after V is out. I remember last year I replayed Vice City and it was still fun. So one day I will get back to IV. Plus I am a PC gamer and will probably have to wait for the PC version and if it doesn't come out I'll suicidal.gif (just kidding) but Ill kill R*

TripleRob
  • TripleRob

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

I got bored with gta 4 pretty quickly. I never even finished the damn game. im just looking forward to gta 5 because of the openness of it.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Load up TBoGT and listen to the song on the pause menu...

But seriously, you are all acting so stupid. It's not like the game will become unplayable the moment you put GTA 5 in your console.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'll still love it and maybe i'll pick it up again in the future on a steamsale or something.

But my brother accidentally dropped my iphone on the disc so it's gone sad.gif

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (ShadowDog94 @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 19:31)
It's not like the game will become unplayable the moment you put GTA 5 in your console.

That will be a feature on next gen consoles smile.gif

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:19 PM Edited by jamieleng, 15 April 2013 - 08:23 PM.

QUOTE (Markhosdangerous @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 17:14)
On September 16th maybe I will pick up a helicopter, because we don't have planes, and go across the sea on the west side (Alderney, not the airport like the OP, for feeling like I'm really going to L.S), and go off into the sunset (literally).

I hope somebody takes that idea... hahahaha  tounge.gif

Sort of like the opposite of the Saint Mark's Bistro mission from SA.

I can't be bothered to fly all the way from Liberty City to San Andreas, so I'll get a cab to Francis International & get an internal flight. Maybe even push the boat out & go first class, seeing as I'm a multi-millionaire in GTA IV.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 20:15)
QUOTE (ShadowDog94 @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 19:31)
It's not like the game will become unplayable the moment you put GTA 5 in your console.

That will be a feature on next gen consoles smile.gif

....then use your old console sigh.gif

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

I've already said goodbye. Had one last, final playthrough. By God the controls are clunky as hell.

TellEmRye
  • TellEmRye

Leader of Buncha Nutters

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (The Scottish Guy @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 17:21)
QUOTE (TellEmRye @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 17:00)
I'm completing IV in chronological order with the 2 DLCs right now, absolutely brilliant playing them all together, really get a good sense of how everything happens.

F*ck it. I'm going to do this too, starting tonight. icon14.gif

You won't regret it friend, i'm enjoying it so much! I switch to a different character every time each character 'crosses' eachothers path, so for example at the start of the game I went with Niko until after the mission where you kill the biker for Faustin, then played Lost & Damned up until they mourn Jason Micheals then I played as Niko again until the heroin deal, and so on...

It's really interesting man, gets a bit difficult making sure it all fits perfectly but when it does it feels like a well written TV series.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'll play IV in 2-3 sittings. I'll beat TLAD and TBOGT in a sitting. This'll happen a week before V release.

I'll always treasure my IV as it was my 1st xbox game and I met a huge bulk of my friends. Lots if free mode will be played prior

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Why should we say goodbye, there is no reason to stop playing it and I really hope people don't otherwise online will be sh*t. Honestly some gta's like SA and VC hit me hard as a child and looking back at all those happy hours playing it almost brings tears to my eyes, if the game is really good or you were attached to it then never forget it and keep the game then one day 10 years later get it out and have another go it's like nothing I can describe but incredible emotional.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (richard1997jones @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 17:07)
Why should we say goodbye, there is no reason to stop playing it and I really hope people don't otherwise online will be sh*t. Honestly some gta's like SA and VC hit me hard as a child and looking back at all those happy hours playing it almost brings tears to my eyes, if the game is really good or you were attached to it then never forget it and keep the game then one day 10 years later get it out and have another go it's like nothing I can describe but incredible emotional.

You're exactly right. I have those same good memories of Metroid on NES. I sat in the floor and played that game for many hours at a time. Looking back, it was one of the greatest times of my life. I still go on Youtube and watch gameplay and when I hear that music, it takes me back and jars memories from that time. But I have the same feelings about GTA 1, GTA III, Vice City, and San An too. IV, not so much.

Habs
  • Habs

Montreality

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

In the past, we could get nostalgic from a game to another because it was only 1-2 years before the next GTA... III (2001-2002), Vice City (2002-2004), San Andreas. (2004-2008)

5 years between GTA IV & GTA V was too much... The 4 years for San Andreas was alright because it was the greatest game ever. IV was a good game but not even close to San Andreas, I won't feel nostalgic at all.

I'm going to say goodbye to IV by playing 1-2 hours before the midnight release, that's it!

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (TellEmRye @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 20:27)
I'm completing IV in chronological order with the 2 DLCs right now, absolutely brilliant playing them all together, really get a good sense of how everything happens.

You won't regret it friend, i'm enjoying it so much! I switch to a different character every time each character 'crosses' eachothers path, so for example at the start of the game I went with Niko until after the mission where you kill the biker for Faustin, then played Lost & Damned up until they mourn Jason Micheals then I played as Niko again until the heroin deal, and so on...

It's really interesting man, gets a bit difficult making sure it all fits perfectly but when it does it feels like a well written TV series.

Cool idea. Someone should create a set of save files for the Complete Edition, numbered & in order of the intersecting storylines.

AllThatJuice
  • AllThatJuice

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Sometime this year, perhaps a couple of weeks before GTA 5 comes out, I'll give it one last play through. cryani.gif

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

There is a thread in the IV section called 'The Impossible Trinity' or some such, where a bunch of users chronologically ordered the missions as makes the most sense, so you know when and who to switch to, to make the story as complete as possible.

It's really well done, I highly recommend it to anyone interested in playing the story as all 3 characters 'simulataneously' so to speak.

Yellow_Snow
  • Yellow_Snow

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 09:47)
QUOTE (saintsrow @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 01:32)
Take the disc and box to Rockstar NYC offices and toss it in the trash can outside their front door smile.gif

Igotthatreferencefromcaptainamerica.png

I probably won't play it again after V will be released, most likely.. but I still think about installing it again and playing with mods.

Zee! lol.gif

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 23:07)
QUOTE (TellEmRye @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 20:27)

Cool idea. Someone should create a set of save files for the Complete Edition, numbered & in order of the intersecting storylines.

I suggest you guys look at this thread if you're planning on playing all three storylines at the same time.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=430301

I enjoyed playing this way very much.

Sanjiswaytocool
  • Sanjiswaytocool

Work-a-holic

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'm starting the whole IV trilogy over again at the moment. Although work keeps me away, I figure I'll be finished with the games by the time September rolls around. I will mostly spend time doing the story, shootouts behind Burger Shot counters, Ped Bowling, & pushing peds down staircases (Which never gets old biggrin.gif ).

I expect return to IV after playing V will be equivalent to returning to III/Vice City after playing SA.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

@.dre.

I've bookmarked that. Cheers. Wish I had the complete edition though.

Blood_Money
  • Blood_Money

Cártel de Los Santos

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Giving TBOGT a Third Play trough.

Hustlebanks
  • Hustlebanks

Negrodamus Jr.

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

I won't say goodbye forever but I'm playing through GTA 4 and EFLC right now and I'm leaving the last few missions in each one undone so I can do them September 16. then after I complete that I'll take my Super Diamond Drop with the black top and drive around one last time hanging out with Armando and H. Then I'll take the game out of my XBOX 360 after that and put it next to GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas. The Next morning I'll go pick up GTA 5 and won't play GTA 4 again until at least January.

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

I'm gonna play it all day as much as I can on September 16th

bomexsaturn
  • bomexsaturn

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

I will join a room on psn multiplayer. Probably play for about 5 minutes until a modder freezes my console...then i will remove the disk and smash it into a million pieces. I love gta4 but the modders ruined it.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

I've been thinking about this for a while now, even though I will still play it after V, but it won't be the same and that's why it's a "goodbye".

I'll just explore as Niko (which includes rampages of course), thinking way back when I was fantasising about IV before it's release... it'll be emotional, I guess.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

I don't understand why most people will "break their disks" or what not but even though I barely play IV anymore I still keep it in my PC just in-case I want to play it again since IV was simply a masterpiece. Even though I managed to shoot all of the pigeons before other parts of the map unlocked I never finished the game 100% so I will replay the story-line of IV one more time and complete all of the side missions there are too it. Since I have to wait for the PC version I think I'll have another go at completing Episodes from liberty city again as well.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

I will not say goodbye to IV, will still play it.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

WELCOME TO THE TERRORDOME.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

I don't mean we will never touch the game again but I would bet if Rockstar nails the driving and over the top play and has many more options in freemode we wont be touching IV for a looong time.

Don't get me wrong I love IV but I just have a feeling...

Neckbeard
  • Neckbeard

who?

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

well when my copy of GTA V arrives I guess I'll play GTA IV for a final time (free roaming) just before I put in GTA V for the first time

Chunkyluva53
  • Chunkyluva53

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users