Photo

How will you say goodbye

261 replies to this topic
ilovev.city
  • ilovev.city

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

i already said goodbye years ago when a friend accidentally kicked my xbox while playing gta 4 notify.gif

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'll still be playing IV at some points, HD LC is too good to just up and sh*tcan the moment V drops. Like other posters have said I'll probably take a cruise around LC the day or two before V takes its rightful place in my PS3/360 tray biggrin.gif

Been playing a metric f*ckton of RDR lately, so all the cars and jets are gonna be a shock to the system cool.gif

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 11:46)
QUOTE (the nameless @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 11:21)
If I still had it, I'd burn the piece of sh*t.  Thankfully, I sold it years ago, probably only got about 8 for it but that is still much better than having gta iv.

Come on, you're exaggerating and going a bit overboard now.

GTA IV definitely had it's flaws and shortcomings that prevented it from being the great game that it should have been - I am the first to express to view and I am also one of IV's biggest critics, ask anyone else on here who is familiar with my posts. But at the same time, IV was still a very good, classic game to play and own, it still provided us with some great, memorable GTA moments and characters.

You may end up regretting having sold your copy of IV. I played IV again for second time and realized I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time around, and I even discovered some new things that made the gameplay much more fun for me. You might probably end up wanting to play IV again.

If were you, I'd keep all my GTA titles.

Well ok, maybe it was a bit overkill, but I did hate it. But it is not like I didn't give it a good shot, I played it alot, and even started a second campaign a few months after finishing my first, it just didn't grip me. I felt it was too cold, gritty, industrial. I didn't like Niko's depressing story, I didn't like the majority of the supporting characters - barring Brucie, Packie, Jacob. It's not like your enemies cant be good characters either - look at Lance, Catalina, Big Smoke, Tenpenny, Pulaski. The mafia in IV were the worst ever, the only "wise guy" who didn't make me want to skip the cut scenes was the dying old guy (Gravelli?). Honestly, for me, the only good thing about it (playing wise) was online deathmatch and races. TLAD was a bit better, but not much - still had that cold gritty, empty feel to it and a bad character list. TBoGT was the IV era's saving grace for me.

I notice that my post made me a San An "Fan boy". Ha Ha. I make no bones about the fact that I found San An the best of the series, why that makes me a fan boy exactly? I'm not sure. I am sadly old enough to have played them all from day 1 - from the late 90's top down gta for ps1, so I am naturally going to have a favourite - that kind of thing is not exclusive to GTA. Am I an NFS Carbon fanboy for liking that most in the NFS Series? AC: Brotherhood fanboy? Pro Evolution Soccer 6? It is simply a fact that I liked III, loved Vice City, loved San An more, and didn't like IV.

One thing is for sure though, V looks amazing. IV's best best mision looks like what is going to be the spine of V.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (ilovev.city @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 18:13)
i already said goodbye years ago when a friend accidentally kicked my xbox while playing gta 4 notify.gif

What a nice friend you got.

Markhayzy
  • Markhayzy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 23:41)
i loved gta iv. the story the characters ,it was all brilliant, one of the best games ever. I wont discard it

Hell i still play Assassins Creed (1).

I will have a pre-v playthough though. Might try to reenact COL and JIF (see sig if you dont know what they are)

I think I am like you, with open world games with the graphics, epic storyline and addictive combat then I can relive the adventure over and over again. I think I extend what's actually happening in the game by using my imagination, I sort of pretend things. Is that weird? Like in San Andreas if I accidentally shot one of my homies part way through a mission or gang war I'd have to load game and do it again. Anyone else get that immersed?

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 01:32)
Take the disc and box to Rockstar NYC offices and toss it in the trash can outside their front door smile.gif

Igotthatreferencefromcaptainamerica.png

I probably won't play it again after V will be released, most likely.. but I still think about installing it again and playing with mods.

SirTerning
  • SirTerning

Whoopie

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'll give it a last go on the day I get GTAV. Wander trough town, drive some of my favorite cars, go out with some of the npc's and just think about the past of about when I got the game and how much fun I had. After I'm done with that I'll pop out the disc and lay it nicely up in my collection and say hello to a new adventure with V. cryani.gif

gta-massy
  • gta-massy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Well my copy of IV was givin away last night to my cousin, give him an old ps3 of mine as i just bought a new 500g just for V biggrin.gif . My copy of episodes will go too my other cousin. I think i will download the complete edition of the ps store. Gta IV has been my most played game for the last 5 years. I play it more or less every day i dont know how a lot of people on here have never liked it. It was the first online GTA for me and it was amazing and the best gta ever. Imo. But im so looking forward till V. And ino it will be what i hope and expect it to be, amazing . So i guess when i buy the complete edition i will just cruse about LIberty and then cause mayhem on a big massive scale. I have never used cheats but maybe i will this time just for health armor and wepons and kause a war in star junction smile.gif . Any ways i will stop ramblenig now thats just how im gona have my fairwell of a game thats been sogood to me but as many have said i dont think i cpuld ever just put it down and never pick up again . I think at some time long after v's relese i qill play it again .

Sorry bout spelling usein my phone smile.gif

CaptainCapri
  • CaptainCapri

Cluckin Hell!

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I said goodbye to GTA IV around about a year ago now, I had exhausted the game out completely... the fun factor had gone... I don't think I will play it again until the night before the release... Then I shall cruise Liberty City one last time

Dinesen
  • Dinesen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

I will say goodbye to GTA IV by getting all the damn trophies! I highly doubt I will return to it after V comes out... I like the story in IV and just driving around but I have high hopes for both story and multiplayer in V and I am sure they will keep me away from IV.

mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

You make it sound like it's a permanent goodbye to GTA IV. Same thing will happen to IV as happened to San Andreas. People still play it.

refusion28
  • refusion28

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

No doubt iv will be in the console wen I get v so wen I get v I will switch v over and launch iv out the window

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

Don't really play it anymore, if anything when I need a GTA fix I'll throw in BTOGT. I could see me re-playing through IV about a month before V comes out though, just to get myself properly jacked up for the release.

Jordan_Philip
  • Jordan_Philip

"Dimitri, I took care of that thing for you."

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 23:12)
This might be the wrong section and I could have waited a bit but I am curious how the other forum members are going to say goodbye to our beloved GTA IV...

I for one am just going to cruise the city listening to the NPC's and the radio and play some freemode and deathmatch. Probably most of the night on September 16th...

Anyone else?

What the f*ck are you talking about? What are you gonna bury the disc in your back yard? This is so corny. Its a game not a dying dog

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by jamieleng, 15 April 2013 - 02:33 PM.

This is how I'll say goodbye to IV:
user posted image

Seriously though. As much as I love IV & EFLC, I don't think I can replay them again. I just have so many games I need to play through.

TheD94
  • TheD94

Undead

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

I will still play GTAIV and EFLC because they are good games. I also like GTAIV's all 3 protagonists.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'll probably play a few minutes from each character's story, but mainly to compare to GTA V. After that, I see no reason to go back unless I wanna do some more comparisons.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

ill put it with GTA III, GTA Vice city, GTA San Andreas, on a case....for the history... biggrin.gif

TellEmRye
  • TellEmRye

Leader of Buncha Nutters

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'm completing IV in chronological order with the 2 DLCs right now, absolutely brilliant playing them all together, really get a good sense of how everything happens. I'm going to complete Niko's story 100% too, to get the achievement, then that'll most likely be the end of my IV playing time before V is released.

Don't think that's it for IV though, I will certainly go back to it in the future when I don't fancy playing V no more. I order SanAndreas last night too, going to complete that again too.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I will try to play through it more legit lol...Since I glitched the game last time I played it by cheating all the time. It wouldn't let me finish the last mission lol
So, technically I never beat it. And I haven't beat the other two expansions either so I may do those too if I got time

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

I haven't even said good-bye to my San Andreas game.

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

On September 16th maybe I will pick up a helicopter, because we don't have planes, and go across the sea on the west side (Alderney, not the airport like the OP, for feeling like I'm really going to L.S), and go off into the sunset (literally).

I hope somebody takes that idea... hahahaha tounge.gif

TheTruth21
  • TheTruth21

Hot Air Balloon Fighter Pilot

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

imma break dat bitch..neva playin that sh*t ever again

The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (TellEmRye @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 17:00)
I'm completing IV in chronological order with the 2 DLCs right now, absolutely brilliant playing them all together, really get a good sense of how everything happens.

F*ck it. I'm going to do this too, starting tonight. icon14.gif

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I just say to her: "We need a break." And that's how it end tounge.gif

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Im woried i will never play IV agian after V to be honest

I mean, Los Angeles is my favourite city of all time.. if there is animals, planes, submarines, then whats the point of IV, other then the story?

but yeah, i will do a cruice with a red Turismo across Liberty City.. and just go,, Los Santos, here i come...

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

I'll still hop in it now and again. I really haven't played it much apart from some multiplayer sessions with friends anyway. BUT, when GTA V comes, it'll most likely sit there ignored for 1-2 years like Vice City was when San Andreas came out and III when Vice City came out. Although Red Dead Redemption will get ignored a lot less than IV, I probably won't touch it much either, since V will have improved mechanics. Same with MP3. Soooooo, 2 months or so before GTA V comes, I'll replay the stories of IV, TLAD, TBoGT, RDR, and MP3.

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 13:21)
Maybe its just me but once I beat a mission I have no desire to replay it....

I'm this way with any game. After I do a mission once, I don't want to have to re-do it again.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Played through it again the last couple of month - and through the EPFLC too because when starting this I thought V would come out in spring.

Now, when September comes, I will just put IV in the shelve and leave it there.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Leave rapture they said ?
RP8LK-E0L5T-V5N0J
Bioshock 1: full game PC

You Are welcome

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users