• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

I will trade it in for $7.00

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Not going to stop playing 4. I will play 4 & 5 all the time, bc hearing about 5 gets me in the mood to play all the GTA games I have!! colgate.gif

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (BigJacob @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 23:27)
probs play a depressing song,

DAYLIGHT DAY LIIIIIIIIGHT

I immediately heard that in my head when I read it. biggrin.gif

Maybe I've played too much IV.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

I'll still play GTA IV even after GTA V releases. Niko will be hard to top and if I want a more gritty setting I still have an alternative.

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

Try to be Brown.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (ChocoFrosty @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 19:01)
QUOTE (BigJacob @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 23:27)
probs play a depressing song,

DAYLIGHT DAY LIIIIIIIIGHT

I immediately heard that in my head when I read it. biggrin.gif

Maybe I've played too much IV.

Love that song heaps

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

I'll pop into Free Mode for the last time, as on 17th I'll be trading it in, along with TLAD and TBOGT and some other games for V.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

If I still had it, I'd burn the piece of sh*t. Thankfully, I sold it years ago, probably only got about 8 for it but that is still much better than having gta iv.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

I will never say goodbye like previous GTA games.. but still i like the idea of Katve

gtaTeamMichael
  • gtaTeamMichael

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (TheFIREFLY @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 18:05)
I never really like GTAIV as a city, too dark and stuff, vice city/sa was so fun compared to GTAIV, ye graphics are great and engine is amazing but it's not everything

Absolutely agreed. I always agree with your posts, definitely correct man. icon14.gif

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (the nameless @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 11:21)
If I still had it, I'd burn the piece of sh*t. Thankfully, I sold it years ago, probably only got about 8 for it but that is still much better than having gta iv.

Come on, you're exaggerating and going a bit overboard now.

GTA IV definitely had it's flaws and shortcomings that prevented it from being the great game that it should have been - I am the first to express to view and I am also one of IV's biggest critics, ask anyone else on here who is familiar with my posts. But at the same time, IV was still a very good, classic game to play and own, it still provided us with some great, memorable GTA moments and characters.

You may end up regretting having sold your copy of IV. I played IV again for second time and realized I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time around, and I even discovered some new things that made the gameplay much more fun for me. You might probably end up wanting to play IV again.

If were you, I'd keep all my GTA titles.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

I tend to focus on what the game has and not what it does not have. None of the so called flaws were a deal breaker for me. I had 100's of hours of fun beating the campaigns, battling with cops in SP and of course FM/DM. But for me once I experience something that is it. I don't go back and replay missions...Except for one.. Shifting Weight in TLAD is my fav video game mission of all time for any game. But I still only did that twice. I know GTA V will be great and each mission a new experience.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 22:46)
If I still had it, I'd burn the piece of sh*t.  Thankfully, I sold it years ago, probably only got about 8 for it but that is still much better than having gta iv.

GTA IV definitely had it's flaws and shortcomings that prevented it from being the great game that it should have been - I am the first to express to view and I am also one of IV's biggest critics, ask anyone else on here who is familiar with my posts. But at the same time, IV was still a very good, classic game to play and own, it still provided us with some great, memorable GTA moments and characters.

You may end up regretting having sold your copy of IV. I played IV again for second time and realized I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time around, and I even discovered some new things that made the gameplay much more fun for me. You might probably end up wanting to play IV again.

Let him have his view General. Even as much as SA fanboys annoy me with their over praising like it can do no wrong I still have the copy I bought in 2004 and would never sell it.

gtaTeamMichael
  • gtaTeamMichael

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 12:20)

Let him have his view General. Even as much as SA fanboys annoy me with their over praising like it can do no wrong I still have the copy I bought in 2004 and would never sell it.

Because San Andreas can do no wrong wink.gif

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (gtaTeamMichael @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 12:25)

outdated graphics notwithstanding.

gtaTeamMichael
  • gtaTeamMichael

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 12:27)
QUOTE (gtaTeamMichael @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 12:25)

outdated graphics notwithstanding.

Graphics don't make a game better. They may make it more visually pleasant or easier to play, but not better and they don't add to the experience of the content.

Go ask COD if their sub-par graphics mattered when they break records every year, despite my thoughts of it being a sh*tty, awful game.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (gtaTeamMichael @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 23:25)

And that's why SA fanboys are annoying. wink.gif

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (gtaTeamMichael @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 12:29)
Graphics don't make a game better.

We disagree on this, I expect a lot, in this HD age I want both. Great graphics and gameplay. As far as COD, I never understood the appeal. The biggest flaw in that game to me is that it is so fast paced you can't strategize.

gtaTeamMichael
  • gtaTeamMichael

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 12:30)
QUOTE (gtaTeamMichael @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 23:25)

And that's why SA fanboys are annoying. wink.gif

I hope you didn't think I was serious confused.gif I was joking, or is the fanboyism that bad (unfortunately)?

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

I am going to replay the storyline of GTA IV one more time before the release of GTA V, although I will have to wait longer than September as I have to wait for the PC version. Actually, I will replay every game of the series at least once until then, even the top-down ones! I will also buy Rockstar titles that I don't own yet, such as L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 13:03)
I am going to replay the storyline of GTA IV one more time. Actually, I will replay every game of the series at least once until then, even the top-down ones! I will also buy Rockstar titles that I don't own yet, such as L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3.

Holy Sh!t...You better get started then. cool.gif

Double L.
  • Double L.

I hate Trevor !!

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

I won't delete Gta IV. It's one of the best video-game in my computer. Even if i buy Gta V, IV won't be deleted.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

I said goodbye to IV about 6 months after I beat it. It was the most boring GTA of all time. I kept tryin' to go back but would turn it off after only a few minutes. For the first time ever, a GTA didn't keep me in the game. I was disappoint. I say good riddance to IV and welcome the new. I'm burned out on all of'em because I went back when I was disappointed at IV. Hit the gas, haul some a$$, and never look back.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 14:12)
I said goodbye to IV about 6 months after I beat it. It was the most boring GTA of all time. I kept tryin' to go back but would turn it off after only a few minutes. For the first time ever, a GTA didn't keep me in the game. I was disappoint. I say good riddance to IV and welcome the new. I'm burned out on all of'em because I went back when I was disappointed at IV. Hit the gas, haul some a$$, and never look back.

You did not even enjoy FM/DM?

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

By breaking it...

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

I sold my IV disc like a few years back, i think 2. Now in January, the complete edition was on sale on PSN for 14 which i bought and i don't regret it a bit.

Yellow_Snow
  • Yellow_Snow

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Sold it, so I already said goodbye to IV.
I got sick of it after a while, too boring too dull nothing to do etc. Luckily V will have plenty to do.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (Yellow_Snow @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 14:36)
nothing to do

??? Play Online ???

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Yellow_Snow @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 10:36)
Sold it, so I already said goodbye to IV.
I got sick of it after a while, too boring too dull nothing to do etc. Luckily V will have plenty to do.

Here's to hoping!(fingers crossed)

MikeyB
  • MikeyB

Floppy Member

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 23:12)
This might be the wrong section and I could have waited a bit but I am curious how the other forum members are going to say goodbye to our beloved GTA IV...

I for one am just going to cruise the city listening to the NPC's and the radio and play some freemode and deathmatch. Probably most of the night on September 16th...

Anyone else?

I don't think I will ever just retire IV.

I don't play online or play story mode any more. I just love to cruise and listen to the music. I don't think there is any song on IV that I dislike. They really took some care in choosing the playlist.

On Forza Horizons I have the music turned off its that bad. On IV I have it louder than the SFX. The only other game I liked the music in was Dirt 2.

IV has been and old friend over the years and It's going to be a keeper even after V is out I think.

Fazachino
  • Fazachino

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

I will hold the CD within my hands and slide sideways on the wall crying (titanic music theme in the background) sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users