How will you say goodbye

261 replies to this topic
ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

This might be the wrong section and I could have waited a bit but I am curious how the other forum members are going to say goodbye to our beloved GTA IV...

I for one am just going to cruise the city listening to the NPC's and the radio and play some freemode and deathmatch. Probably most of the night on September 16th...

Anyone else?

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Haha I've thought about this as well. I think I will just cruise to the airport listening to the classics on LRR one last time cryani.gif biggrin.gif

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

That guy who eats pizza at flea markets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

I won't say goodbye to IV. I will play both IV and V from time to time comparing different features, physics, and graphics. We all know it will be obvious who will win, so lol.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm going to call a friend and ask him to go bowling with me and i'll be taking the disc with me too. After annoying him with a bowling session, i will take the game to his house and make him suffer by constantly dealing with Roman's phone calls. xD

Nah seriously, im gonna travel to the airport for the last time just like OP and look around and quit the game while crying sad.gif

But then again i will probably revist IV after a while. It is seriously going to be an emotional moment, and i don't want to sound like a sensitive person.

Rockbottomsville
  • Rockbottomsville

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

I might play online but i dont really care i have been long over due for a new gta

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 23:12)
This might be the wrong section and I could have waited a bit but I am curious how the other forum members are going to say goodbye to our beloved GTA IV...

I for one am just going to cruise the city listening to the NPC's and the radio and play some freemode and deathmatch. Probably most of the night on September 16th...

Anyone else?

In a month or two I may go through each story just one last time.
I'm probably too lazy for that though and just have a session in freeroam.
I'm probably too lazy for that though I may just look at the disc one last time.
I'm probably too lazy for that though.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hey cousin, let's go bowling.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

I'm going to get the complete edition, I have all 3 separately but I would like the complete set on 1(or 2) discs.

BigJacob
  • BigJacob

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

probs play a depressing song,

DAYLIGHT DAY LIIIIIIIIGHT

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 23:18)
I won't say goodbye to IV. I will play both IV and V from time to time comparing different features, physics, and graphics. We all know it will be obvious who will win, so lol.

I have doubts I will ever wanna go back to IV. For nostalgia maybe but it seems highly unlikely.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

stop playin iv

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Start by replaying the game again taking my time doing the options I never tried like the last mission (I did it the same way every time I got that far), walk around the whole map enjoying the sights and sounds then end it by playing some multiplayer with old friends on the PC

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

Take the disc and box to Rockstar NYC offices and toss it in the trash can outside their front door smile.gif

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

I'm not really playing it anymore.. If I've ever 'really' played it at all. So it won't be a problem to say goodbye for me at all tounge.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

I'll say goodbye to GTA IV by playing it

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

I won't say goodbye to GTAIV. Just because V is out that doesn't make IV pointless or anything. Yes, that would be so with series like Call of Duty or Battlefield, but not with things like V because it's its own thing.

Just because a new song by an artist you like is released doesn't mean you'll never listen to the old one, does it? smile.gif

Black Sunshine
  • Black Sunshine

You made me master of the world where you exist

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

I already said goodbye. It got boring so quickly. There was absolutely no replay value. Now I sound like Zee. But it's the truth.

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

That guy who eats pizza at flea markets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 18:20)
I'm going to call a friend and ask him to go bowling with me and i'll be taking the disc with me too. After annoying him with a bowling session, i will take the game to his house and make him suffer by constantly dealing with Roman's phone calls. xD

Nah seriously, im gonna travel to the airport for the last time just like OP and look around and quit the game while crying sad.gif

But then again i will probably revist IV after a while. It is seriously going to be an emotional moment, and i don't want to sound like a sensitive person.

If only IV's online mode had a way of saying goodbye as emotional and epic as this one:

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

I won't say goodbye to GTAIV. Just because V is out that doesn't make IV pointless or anything. Yes, that would be so with series like Call of Duty or Battlefield, but not with things like V because it's its own thing.

Just because a new song by an artist you like is released doesn't mean you'll never listen to the old one, does it?

I have feeling that when GTA 5 comes out returning to the GTA4 world would feel like a drag compared to the new world.
Once we see how massive Los Santos is compared to Liberty City will feel like we're trapped in a box.

we got the ocean to explore-the city- the country-the desert- the mountains-detailed interior..the sky...

trust me..no ones going to be playing GTA4 after this holiday season. Multiplayer rooms are going to be empty

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

i loved gta iv. the story the characters ,it was all brilliant, one of the best games ever. I wont discard it

Hell i still play Assassins Creed (1).

I will have a pre-v playthough though. Might try to reenact COL and JIF (see sig if you dont know what they are)

SickBoi
  • SickBoi

Formerly, KFranchise. THESE MODS CANT CONTROL ME

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

Load up the game
Pause it
Go to Audio
Listen to The Beat 102.7 one more time

Gonna do the same for TBoGT since they both have different soundtracks

Laurens078
  • Laurens078

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

Not sure if I will return to IV after playing V. But probably the last day before V comes out I'm gonna kill some people at the airport in MP, and in TBoGT probably parachute from the highest tower one last time tounge.gif

CTCCoco
  • CTCCoco

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

I played only a few days to GTA IV and then good bye. The question is, how you will say good bye to GTA:SA.

DryJohnson45
  • DryJohnson45

Poet to the dumb

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

Take that damn CD out and put the disk of GTA V in my Xbox 360 as soon as I get it! Say goodbye as I throw it out my window! Just kidding, I'd ratherjust give it to my younger brothers so they can break it while playing it

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 23:39)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 18:20)

If only IV's online mode had a way of saying goodbye as emotional and epic as this one:

Damn! That is a nice way of saying goodbye happy.gif

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

Say bye to GTA IV ??

No way, it's still a great game and a classic, despite it's many shortcomings. IV is here to stay in in my permanent collection of games. I've got a PS3 copy of GTA IV: Complete Edition and it's definitely not going anywhere. I'm always gonna want that dark and gritty, concrete jungle feel and atmosphere, so I can definitely see myself playing it again.....and again

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

I'm going to steal a car, go to a pub, get drunk, maybe play darts or pool, drive inebriated to the red light district, pick up a prostitute, take her down an alley, have sex in the car, stab her to death, steal all her money, then come home and drive around the airport for a bit on GTA.

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

Yep, for once, I will go bowling with Roman. He deserves it after waiting 5 years.

And I will listen to the whole TBoGT Vladivostok FM playlist one last time... ah best playlist I've ever heard, and I'm not even meant to be a fan of that sort of music.

And why not have one huge shootout with the LCPD in Star Junction?

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:17 AM Edited by loony979, 13 April 2013 - 12:21 AM.

i think for me ill be puting on ever mod i have (that i can put in ) in & still embrace the game for what it is ... till i get gta v on pc - then play the game out right like it should then start multiplayer then add a trainer if it's made or needed like b4 due to players instantly killing you ... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

EDIT:
How ever : it will be a sad time to say good by to such an amazing game ,Also it will be sad & happy @ the same time to have to learn a new map But that will be a pleasure to do ,just 1 thing i hope is that the controls are the same as gta iv for my controller ...

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

It's an interesting subject, because it's one of the few things I actually have planned about the day I first play GTA V. I don't know how/where I'll be purchasing it, nor what the first things I'll do when playing it, nor even where I'll be living when I first play it (the only thing I know for a fact is that it won't be where I am right now, even though I wish it was). Those are all bridges that I'll cross when I get there.

But I do have plans for what I'll do to say "goodbye" to GTA IV. I'm on a "new" playthrough, and I've already gotten decently far, as I've unlocked all the islands. I'm setting it up to be finished with every mission but the last by V's release date. Originally, I had it set up pretty well for a release date around late April - mid May, but of course now I'll have to space out the missions much further apart.

Anyways, when I finally have GTA V, whether it's on the release date or a little bit later, I take it home, not opening it yet. I'll get rid of the plastic and stickers and such to make the act of opening it later just a bit more graceful, but no seeing the inside just yet. First, I'll be playing GTA IV, as much as I'll know I'll want to be playing V instead. My most common activity in IV is driving around the city, so that's what I'll do first. Just driving around like I always do. Then I might go on a bit of a rampage until I get killed. After that, I'll start the last mission (or rather everything that happens after the mission on the boat, as it all starts happening kinda automatically. I just keep Niko's phone off when I don't feel like doing missions, so I'll turn it on to start getting the calls and objectives and such). Then, I sit through the credits, listening to the music and watching the images of Liberty City. Afterwards, when I return to the game, I'll go to the nearest safehouse and save, then I'll end my play session the way I've always ended my play sessions in GTA IV: activating and holding a grenade until it explodes, and quitting while Niko flies out in slow motion.

Then I take the disc out, place it back in the box, and quite literally close the book on GTA IV for the time being. I'll probably return to it every once in a while, to sort of compare and also just to enjoy the vastly different tone and style of IV. But at that very moment, I'll want nothing more than to play V after all this time. I close the book on IV, and open the book on V, finally placing the disc in my console of choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users