LCS on PSN

8 replies to this topic
tommytutone
  • tommytutone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

Hey guys,

I recently downloaded LCS as a PS2 Classic from the PS Store. I noticed a HUGE frame rate issue. I went and looked at YouTube videos of the PS2 version and it seems it isn't much of an issue. I'm not that picky but it's nearly unplayable. I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten it from the PS Store and is having a similar issue. Thanks.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

Yeah especially in highly detailed areas like inside Toni's apartment. I hope they figure out a way to fix this, but given its basically an emulated ROM I wouldn't hold your breath.

CJs Sphincter
  • CJs Sphincter

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

I believe that it'll just be the game. San Andreas on PS2 has FPS drops when played with a component cable on the PS2. I assume LCS will be worse because it has better grahics.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yes it was extremely laggy playing it on the PS3, Vice City Stories had no problems running it.

All of Portland was giving me close to 15 FPS at times or in Tony's apartment about 5 fps, once you get to Shoreside Vale and Staunton Island it gets a bit better at times but still not good enough compared to the original PS2/PSP copy.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:23 PM Edited by Zancudo, 11 May 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Just got the game off PSN and I can confirm that it lags big time. Practically 99% of the gameplay it seems like it's 18 FPS or something around. I hope I'll get used to it, otherwise I demand from Sony my money back... Oh, wait, they won't give a damn about one little man.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 22:23)
Just got the game off PSN and I can confirm that it lags big time. Practically 99% of the gameplay it seems like it's 18 FPS or something around. I hope I'll get used to it, otherwise I demand from Sony my money back... Oh, wait, they won't give a damn about one little man.

..I hope other previous Grand Theft Auto titles on the PlayStation store doesn't have excessive framerate issues, if so? I'm not getting it.

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by SILENT_Pavel, 14 June 2013 - 12:27 PM.

QUOTE (CJs Sphincter @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 08:55)
I believe that it'll just be the game. San Andreas on PS2 has FPS drops when played with a component cable on the PS2. I assume LCS will be worse because it has better grahics.

Well, that's not entirely true.
There is MANY ps2 models with different hardware specifications and some extra options like native IDE HDD.
So, on old modded phat PS2 with official HDD adapter will boost up any game, what you will load on ps2 hdd
loading time will be just perfect, more fast then from DVD-ROM or any other ps2 slim model! Tested!
For example some ps2 phat users tested two games (GTA VC and Mafia 1) from internal HDD VS DVD-ROM and game dvd.
So, dvd MUCH slower then hdd, and even on lastest ps2 slim models it's not faster then ps2 hdd.
so, if you want perfect fps on lcs/SA, forget about ps2 slim. there is no another way.

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 15:18)
Yes it was extremely laggy playing it on the PS3, Vice City Stories had no problems running it.

Main difference between LVS and VCS engines is mip-maps.
There is no mip-maps in VCS at all, only in LCS, here is illustration of it:
http://dl.dropbox.co...CS.mip-maps.gif
So, i think mip-maps based system will take more hardware load then "lite" version of stories engine - VCS. Maybe i'm wrong about it.
Anyway sony ps2 software emulator isn't perfect.
On cfw some people have discovered many games will lag.
And Sony don't want to do anything better with it, they just don't care, it's seems.
I mean they selling beta product like retail, don't as why, it's their own policy.

only way to play it on ps3 without lag, it's playing on Hardware Backward Compatiable ps3 without PSN from PS2 DVD, here video from it, no lag:

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

I reckon it's a lost cause now. The game's out of whack, permanently. And nobody will apply anything to it, no matter how much we can shove Rockstar or Sony on e-mail to do something to this case. Such a shame I let myself get excited about so easy and dish out my dough on this piece of broken crap while I could afford it on something that is at least working. Damn.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

Change is Coming...

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

I dont think that the lag is that bad. It can be annoying but I find it easy to ignore as well. Maybe my lag is not as bad as yours confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users