Photo

Bunnin up in GTAV

34 replies to this topic
Blackpower416
  • Blackpower416

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Casey lynch clarified with me one time he saw Franklin coming out a weed dispencary on vespucci beach. (L.A. really has some on Venice beach) And we saw Michael smoking a cigar. So maybe we can actually smoke weed in gta v. Weed, and sherm or crank for trevor. Anybody have anything to second this?

FunkyFruitCup
  • FunkyFruitCup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Blackpower416 @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 14:00)
Casey lynch clarified with me one time he saw Franklin coming out a weed dispencary on vespucci beach. (L.A. really has some on Venice beach) And we saw Michael smoking a cigar. So maybe we can actually smoke weed in gta v. Weed, and sherm or crank for trevor. Anybody have anything to second this?

Maybe...

grandthefthoughto
  • grandthefthoughto

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

not being rude, just interested...

what would being able to smoke weed in gtav really bring to the table?

being drunk in gtaiv has an obvious effect (falling over, lack of co-ordination)
being high in gtav (the inability to move or make decisions)?

Blackpower416
  • Blackpower416

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (grandthefthoughto @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 14:09)
Casey lynch clarified with me one time he saw Franklin coming out a weed dispencary  on vespucci beach. (L.A. really has some on Venice beach)  And we saw Michael smoking a cigar. So maybe we can actually smoke weed in gta v. Weed, and sherm or crank for trevor. Anybody have anything to second this?

being drunk in gtaiv has an obvious effect (falling over, lack of co-ordination)

Just a funny/fun effect. Weed could easily be like how it is to get drunk in gta iv

grandthefthoughto
  • grandthefthoughto

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Blackpower416 @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 14:30)
Casey lynch clarified with me one time he saw Franklin coming out a weed dispencary  on vespucci beach. (L.A. really has some on Venice beach)  And we saw Michael smoking a cigar. So maybe we can actually smoke weed in gta v. Weed, and sherm or crank for trevor. Anybody have anything to second this?

Just a funny/fun effect. Weed could easily be like how it is to get drunk in gta iv

so...what's the point when we already have "drunk"?

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (grandthefthoughto @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 14:32)

In the GI magazine, Rockstar actually stated that if you are in a car with someone smoking weed/mariujana, it affects you as you breathe it in therefore you get high. So its actually half implemented into the game and drinking is also back wow.gif

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

What does "bunnin up" mean?

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

John Marston had a smoke too. Was a cutscene so in V it should be at least seen in cutscenes aswell. Not sure if it's something we can do by ourselves though. Like, select your item menu, choose the doobie (or cigar/cigarette), take out your zippo and light up. Then you'd walk around town or sit down on a bench and have a doobie/cigar in your hand and your character would in certain intervalls take a hit. The animation wouldn't be so difficult I guess but, uhm, the joint/cigarette would get smaller and burn down while you're smoking it. THAT could be diffcult as animation maybe, no idea really

What would be the purpose? I don't know...but it would reflect the culture of modern day Cali for example, it would sure as sh*t have a nice touch of realism to it. I would love to roll up and light a blunt in V...even if there's no purpose to it and just for fun. Being drunk in IV had the screen shaking, blurry vision and inability to propperly move. Why would anyone get drunk in IV I thought...except for fun?!

Now maybe when you smoke the colors on screen get a little more intense, sound effects would be louder, or things appear to be a little slow motion even (clichè smoke effects, I know, just sayin). Imagine sitting at the docks, lighting up, and then you hear seagulls twittering louder than before, or dogs barking that pass by with their owners jogging next to them, and then you could like, use DEAD EYE from RDR, you could go into slow motion for a while and the screen color would change a bit. Oh it could be off the hook really...

Smoking in GTA, lol that might cause a few naysayers to start a debate about OH NOW THEY TELL OUR KIDS ITS TO SMOKE AW THOSE DEVILS...but the tobacco lobby would rush to R* defense and the debate would be over. No controversy to be risked here ;D

grandthefthoughto
  • grandthefthoughto

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 14:34)

In the GI magazine, Rockstar actually stated that if you are in a car with someone smoking weed/mariujana, it affects you as you breathe it in therefore you get high. So its actually half implemented into the game and drinking is also back wow.gif

source or stfu...

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Black power!
You imagine if someone had the name 'white power' here?

Anyways, I doubt these features will be in. There's better things to do than smoke weed ina video game.

Radical Rebel
  • Radical Rebel

Freedom Fighter

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

It would be a great add but it really wouldn't bring anything new or really interesting. But walking down the streets with Franklin in the re-imagined Sout California and lighting up some nice ganja would be nice and bring a little closer to the feeling of California.

But, personally, if we can just enter the dispensaries and steal the money from the cash register like we can in the 24/7 or like the shops and laundromat from GTA IV and I will be more than happy. biggrin.gif

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 14:37)
I doubt these features will be in. There's better things to do than smoke weed ina video game.

Like...WHAT?!

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (grandthefthoughto @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 14:36)

source or stfu...

Game Informer magazine you f*cking douchebag! confused.gif Why do you think i said GI magazine?

Blackpower416
  • Blackpower416

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 14:41)

source or stfu...

Game Informer magazine you f*cking douchebag! confused.gif Why do you think i said GI magazine?

Yea hes right.

grandthefthoughto
  • grandthefthoughto

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 14:41)

source or stfu...

because i don't remember anything like that in the GI article and so without any reference i think you're full of sh*t.

.kiwi_4
  • .kiwi_4

Previously known as KiiWiiDeee

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

If you can become under the influence of drugs, maybe we can see unicorns and rainbows and sh*t and start totally trippin' balls. And maybe we can start flying (this is all in the protagonists imagination) and pass out and wake up in a random location. icon14.gif

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 14:35)

Generally a term used when someone is smoking(usually a joint). It could be fun to see the character stoned. Slow driving, funny dialogue and higher concentration levels.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

it would be cool to be able to smoke. Maybe it has some effects on you, in the game.

Even if it doesnt, it would be cool just for roleplaying. I mean, cigarettes gave you health in Bioshock: Infinite so why not?

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

IMO, drugs are useless in-game as Alcohol was.

Drunk driving was even annoying, though, I don't want it removed.

It seemed getting drunk was a funny but realistic side effect of drinking.

Drinking had a point in GTA V, as an activity. Though, I doubt drugs.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (KiiWiiDeee @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 06:48)
If you can become under the influence of drugs, maybe we can see unicorns and rainbows and sh*t and start totally trippin' balls. And maybe we can start flying (this is all in the protagonists imagination) and pass out and wake up in a random location. icon14.gif

Some Grade A LSD for a trip like that lol.

As for me? Why not, it'd likely do something similar to Alchol in IV, but it wouldn't take anything from the game, nor would it add much to do besides just dicking arround in game which I admit I do quite often when I'm just playing to play.

Though I'm more intrested in the sale of drugs than I am in the using in GTAV, mainly because we know that at least Trevor is involved in that, so let's hope that comes into play, it'd fit the making money vibe of the game.

Tahj
  • Tahj

Cat Lover

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Maybe every time you take a hard drug like LSD you can get a "secret cutscene" kinda resembling Far Cry 3's mushroom effect.

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

I think it would be unfair and hypocritical to have us play as a meth/crack head and not let us smoke weed

JCX AF1
  • JCX AF1

$$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

The least they can do is put weed in & have it like Saints Row 2 where you can just take a quick puff & the screen goes all hazy or even like in San Andreas where you saw the gang members with blunts in their hands smoking except this time the player can do that.

BigJacob
  • BigJacob

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 14:35)

you defo stay inside your house to much sunshine, learn the lingo

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

I don't think cannabis should ruin any part of gameplay like being drunk does. In real life being drunk(sloppy) makes everything more difficult, so it makes sense to have the player falling all over the place and driving poorly. Being high would need to be more interesting.

Some people would obviously like it and others wouldn't, just like in real life. I would like to see the colors looking more vibrant(or just different), the ambient sounds should come in a bit louder/clearer, and I think it would be cool as f*ck if R* could find a way to make it scarier at night when you're out in the wild. Maybe you could even hear the protagonist's thoughts if you smoke too much.

It's a big part of the culture here in Cali and especially LA, so it needs to be there in some form IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Franklin is under the influence in this image...

user posted image

LAIMIPY
  • LAIMIPY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

HOTBOX!! Bring in the Jeffrey!!

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:45 PM Edited by TheIllaDopest, 12 April 2013 - 10:48 PM.

i would like it so when im burnin one my protag will be as well. And well you dont have to smoke. In IV i never got drunk. See the feature was in the game but i never used it (well just once with Roman). So i dont think it would make a difference if it was in the game, or not.

edit: oh yea and a side effect to smoking in the game should result in seeing cops spawn everywhere, but then at 2nd glance you realize there is no cops and you are trippin.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:55 PM Edited by darkdayz, 12 April 2013 - 11:58 PM.

Anybody who smokes bud would know. There isnt really a way to portray being high from bud with gameplay. Drunk was easy, but high not so easy. Maybe the character saying funny and deep things. Not being able to move as the trees for the character is the main focus haha. Being high is fun, looking at someone high isnt, nor funny. Drunkness is funny.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:17 AM Edited by Chukkles, 13 April 2013 - 07:44 AM.

What if joints healed like 5-10% health?
You know like the whole reason it's sold in the first place as pain relief.

I like the idea of visuals becoming brighter, mentioned by someone above me.
Also the protag could say some dumb funny things.

It'd be awesome if we could get all three getting baked together.

Cazzer14
  • Cazzer14

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Why not? It'd be fun biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users