» «
Photo

NHL 14

11 replies to this topic
Eazy 357
  • Eazy 357

RoiDesClit

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:34 AM Edited by Eazy 357, 15 April 2013 - 03:26 PM.

NHL 14 will be released on September 10th, 2013 in North America and on September 13th in Europe.

The voting contest to determine the cover athlete will begin on April 22nd. You can vote here: http://covervote.nhl.com/

Screenshots:
user posted image
user posted image

New features:
-NHL® Collision Physics – Developed from the same core technology that powers EA SPORTS FIFA’s critically-acclaimed Player Impact Engine, NHL® Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler and more rewarding than ever.

-Enforcer Engine – There is a code in hockey, when it's broken you have to respond. A first for the NHL franchise, Fight Night technology delivers a new 3rd person experience, physics-based punch targeting and player size differentiation to every fight, creating the most authentic and electrifying experience yet.

-One-Touch Dekes – Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled only with the left stick and one-button. From beginner to advanced gamers, the system allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.

-True Performance Skating – Built on the breakthrough innovation that introduced physics-based skating and over 1,000 new skating animations to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise. The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first-strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.

-Live the Life – The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.

-EA SPORTS NHL Online Seasons – NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the Hockey Ultimate Team & EA SPORTS Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

Okay, okay, but who's going on the cover.

I'm putting in my perennial vote for Teemu Selanne. But my educated guess is going to be Patrick Kane. But who knows, they'll probably do the fan voting again.

Eazy 357
  • Eazy 357

RoiDesClit

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 02:44)
Okay, okay, but who's going on the cover.

I'm putting in my perennial vote for Teemu Selanne.  But my educated guess is going to be Patrick Kane.  But who knows, they'll probably do the fan voting again.

Wasn't Patrick Kane on NHL's 10 cover? But yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they go with the vote contest again this year, which might lead to... Nazem Kadri on the cover haha. /Leafs fans they are everywhere! Joking aside I would love PK Subban, but I recognize alot hate him, though. Teem Selanne is sure not a bad choice, if he plays next year.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

Was he? I thought that was Toews, I always mix those guys up.

Eazy 357
  • Eazy 357

RoiDesClit

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 03:00)
Was he? I thought that was Toews, I always mix those guys up.

Yup, Kane was on NHL 10's cover while Jonathan Toews made it the next year on NHL 11.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

Then I'm going with Taylor Hall.

Eazy 357
  • Eazy 357

RoiDesClit

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 03:25)
Then I'm going with Taylor Hall.

NHL 12 was Steven Stamkos year as he litteraly was a beast the season before, and the lightning made it through the 3rd round of playoffs.

While NHL 13 was Claude Giroux's year as he too litteraly was a beast the season before.

This is a pattern i've noticed, fans who votes for the cover athlete will go with the bandwagon. So i wouldn't be surprised to see a Pittsburgh player on the cover.

Screenshot released today:
user posted image

NewYorkMets1
  • NewYorkMets1

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

nhl 14 wtf - its still 2013

Eazy 357
  • Eazy 357

RoiDesClit

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (NewYorkMets1 @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 16:57)
nhl 14 wtf - its still 2013

NHL 13 mean it is the 2012-2013 season.
NHL 14 will mean the 2013-2014 season.

It is like this with alot of sports game, the only exceptions that come to my mind are MLB the Show and MLB 2K, both are released in March, though.

Eazy 357
  • Eazy 357

RoiDesClit

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:58 PM Edited by Eazy 357, 15 April 2013 - 03:40 PM.

Here it is! The first trailer has been released earlier today. EA Sports also confirmed the release date of the game as September 10th, 2013 in North America and September 13th, 2013 in Europe.

They should have called it a teaser lol.gif From what we've seen so far looks like they've worked alot on physics this year. This is a good thing. I'm also glad they've improved Be a pro with somethings to do outside of playing games.

Also, here's the reaveal blog where they talk about the new features of NHL 14: http://www.easports....f-hockey-nhl-14

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Cuttin the rug down at a place called the Jug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Sorry I'm posting this here but I can't find an NHL 13 topic.

Can you move teams I'm franchise mode in NHL 13? I know in a few maddens you can move teams to a new city and design new uniforms and choose me a logos and stuff. But I'm not sure about NHL games.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I can't believe the Ducks have Andrew Cogliano and Matt Beleskey as their choices for cover athlete. Not Teemu, not Getzlaf, not Perry, not even Ryan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users