Workaholics.

12 replies to this topic
.: Phaze
  • .: Phaze

Why so serious?...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

I can't get enough of this show... Straight up funny. I know there has to be more fans of it around here...

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

Would be nice if you included some info for those who click on the link out of curiosity. biggrin.gif

I watched a couple of episodes. It's good but it's still kind of cheesy American sit-com stuff. There's no subtly, it's theatrical like a lot of American shows like the Big Bang Theory or 2 and a Half Men where they spell out the jokes. And the version I downloaded had ad-breaks every two minutes. I don't know what was with that.

On the plus side, there are some jokes there that will make you laugh. It's a little quirky and a little different. It seems like a show that wants to move away from the shows I mentioned above but again it's a comedy where you really have to bend the rules of reality to laugh at the jokes.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

It's pop culture jokes for the 25-30 year old American males who grew up in the suburbs. It's right up my alley.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

If fit the demographic too. Aren't the actors all mainly established comedians as well. Well the long haired dude is any way. Out of what I watched the best episode I seen is when the CEO of the company they work for is wants to pay the boys money to kill them so they bring him to a party to cheer him up.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by Voodoo, 11 April 2013 - 01:43 PM.

This show is hilarious. I re-watched S1-2 and finished S3 recently. "Comedy" series rarely make me laugh but this one has me rolling all the time. The pedo, tripping mushrooms in the office and ninja turtles eps were gold.

• *MURDOC* likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 11 April 2013 - 07:10 PM.

Love the Ninja Turtles scene...

Also the Scrimmage Fire...

• *MURDOC* likes this

.: Phaze
  • .: Phaze

Why so serious?...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

Scrimmage Firing was one of the best, hands down...

Pumped full of plastic, is a classic...

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:09 AM

Resurrection. Just ordered the BD combo of seasons 1 & 2.. only 18 USD!

return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

• Members
  • United-States
  • Extra-Special Super Cool Guy! [2014]

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

never even heard of this show. Looks funny from the clips. Is it on Netflix?

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

never even heard of this show. Looks funny from the clips. Is it on Netflix?

Hmmm, I'm not sure. Haven't had Netflix in awhile. It is free on Amazon Prime though. 

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:32 PM

I'm gunna give this show another go... I love parks and rec (that show is CHEEEZY!!!) but never really got into this show. I trust my fellow GTA forum gurus.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:07 AM

I'm gunna give this show another go... I love parks and rec (that show is CHEEEZY!!!) but never really got into this show. I trust my fellow GTA forum gurus.

I don't think it's for everyone, I still hear a lot of hate on the show lol. It actually took me awhile to get into it myself, I thought it sucked at first haha, but I'm so glad I finally got into it.

The episodes are pretty independent from one another, but I would still recommend starting around the beginning of season 1. My personal favorite episode is "Office Campout" and would definitely say that's a good place to start :D

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:05 AM

I don't think it's for everyone, I still hear a lot of hate on the show lol. It actually took me awhile to get into it myself, I thought it sucked at first haha, but I'm so glad I finally got into it.

The episodes are pretty independent from one another, but I would still recommend starting around the beginning of season 1. My personal favorite episode is "Office Campout" and would definitely say that's a good place to start :D

I think I'm at episode three, and it's grown on me. Marc Summers can have that effect. LOL! It's like parks and rec where I try my HARDEST not to laugh once, and there is always at least ONE part that cracks me up, and that is hard to do.

It's not Always sunny funny (to me...) but it's CLOSE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users