Photo

WTF Facts

134 replies to this topic
roebuck34
  • roebuck34

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 00:04)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 23:58)
was browsing and seen this;
user posted image

I wonder if that's true  mercie_blink.gif

I wouldn't want to find out.

With logic this seems untrue due to how many metiorites that have hit us with more force...

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

meteorites*, but you understand that meteorites aren't asteroids nor that large, they're basically debris from asteroids, comets, etc.

Not sure if the fact is true but it was worth a post..

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

It's not true due to something called conservation of momentum. Absolutely no motion on the planet can alter the planet's trajectory around the Sun.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:38 AM Edited by fatal1ty619, 08 July 2013 - 02:59 AM.

QUOTE (K^2 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 01:51)
It's not true due to something called conservation of momentum. Absolutely no motion on the planet can alter the planet's trajectory around the Sun.

I am really curious: Do you have a physics degree? You seem to know a lot about flight and are a fan of aircraft.

Facts:

All the American flags on the moon are now white due to radiation from the sun.

In 2005, a man, actually named Ronald MacDonald, robbed a Wendy's.

Russia is roughly the same size as Pluto.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 12:38)
Russia is roughly the same as Pluto.

Russia is an uninhabited planet 6 billion kilometres from the sun? All this time I've been thinking that it's a country! wow.gif

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (roebuck34 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 20:40)
QUOTE (Valenta @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 00:04)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 23:58)
was browsing and seen this;
user posted image

I wonder if that's true mercie_blink.gif

I wouldn't want to find out.

With logic this seems untrue due to how many metiorites that have hit us with more force...

You are right, It's just a myth. Not possible.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

Wow.

user posted image

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 23:15)
Wow.

user posted image

Jesus Christ. monocle.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 13:38)
QUOTE (K^2 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 01:51)

I am really curious: Do you have a physics degree? You seem to know a lot about flight and are a fan of aircraft.

Pretty sure he does, he has mentioned that he is currently doing a PhD in theoretical Particle Physics.

Sorry to steal your answer K^2 *Wince*.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

user posted image

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Events that occurred on September 17th:

1787 The United States Constitution is signed in Philadelphia. In present day, Sept. 17th is recognized as Constitution Day in the United States. (Rockstar trying to make a statement? monocle.gif )

1814 Francis Scott Key finishes his poem "Defence of Fort McHenry", later to be the lyrics of "The Star-Spangled Banner".

1862 American Civil War: George B. McClellan halts the northward drive of Robert E. Lee's Confederate army in the single-day Battle of Antietam, the bloodiest day in American history.

1908 The Wright Flyer flown by Orville Wright, with Lieutenant Thomas Selfridge as passenger, crashes killing Selfridge. He becomes the first airplane fatality.

1961 The world's first retractable-dome stadium, the Civic Arena, opens in Pittsburgh.

1976 The first Space Shuttle, Enterprise, is unveiled by NASA.

1991 The first version of the Linux kernel (0.01) is released to the Internet.

Not really WTF, but still interesting facts.

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 15:18)
Events that occurred on September 17th:

1787 The United States Constitution is signed in Philadelphia. In present day, Sept. 17th is recognized as Constitution Day in the United States. (Rockstar trying to make a statement? monocle.gif )

Indeed.

Earl Sigurd the Mighty, Viking ruler of Orkney, cut off an enemys head and hung it as a trophy from his horses saddle. Unfortunately, while riding, Sigurd grazed his leg on the severed heads teeth, and died of the resulting infection.

In 1926 famous daredevil Bobby Leach, who had survived going over Niagara Falls in a barrel, accidentally slipped on an orange peel, broke his leg, and died of the resulting gangrene.

When you urinate, a small amount of the urine enters your mouth through the saliva glands. But thats okay fresh urine is cleaner than saliva. barf8bd.gif

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian. This was mentioned by one of his former food tasters, who recently said, she and others, had to taste the food first, to see if it was poisoned or not, before Hitler eats it himself.
article

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

funny but also a fact

user posted image

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Former Prime Minster Gordon Brown was almost killed on the 17th January 2008 when British Airways Flight 38 glided over London Heathrow's Southern Perimeter road, almost colliding with the car he was in.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Fact:

I can gleek across any room.

TurdsFTW
  • TurdsFTW

Mikhail Faustin's Gyneocologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Eating a raw potato will give you an unhealthily massive erection that will require medical attention.

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (TurdsFTW @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 14:56)
Eating a raw potato will give you an unhealthily massive erection that will require medical attention.

Now that is what this thread is about.

Anyway...

The average woman winds up digesting about 14 pounds of lipstick over their lifetime.

You can't hum whilst blocking your nose.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Joseph Cooke @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 17:05)
The average woman winds up digesting about 14 pounds of lipstick over their lifetime.

That clearly isn't true. The maths are totally impossible.

Assume it takes a woman one month to go through a whole lipstick. The average lipstick weighs ten grammes. The woman applies it every day for 60 years. For the sake of argument, let's assume she eats half of it- which, let's be honest, is damn unlikely.

12 x 60 = 720

720 x 10g = 7.2kg

7.2kg / 2 = 3.6kg

3.6kg is 7.9lb

So, if a woman eats the equivalent of half a stick of lipstick every month for sixty years, she would still be nowhere near 14lb. And that's quite aside from the fact large proportions of lipstick are made from water, alcohol or other materials which evaporate during wearing.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Most of the facts in topics like these are just complete bollocks. There's nothing that gets under my skin more than an untrue "fact". I do find them interesting, but I find that I just treat each and every one as being untrue because of the amount of untrue ones out there. Basically it's ruined facts for me and has made me a bitter cynic and skeptic, when it comes to "fun facts" anyways.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

• More intelligent people are significantly more likely to exhibit social values and religious and political preferences that are novel to the human species in evolutionary history.

• Young adults who identify themselves as "not at all religious" have an average IQ of 103 during adolescence, while those who identify themselves as "very religious" have an average IQ of 97 during adolescence

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem)
That clearly isn't true. The maths are totally impossible.

Chill big fella, got that one of a facebook yoke earlier. No need to work yourself up. whatsthat.gif

---

OT:

British cows moo in regional accents.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Joseph Cooke @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 18:35)
Chill big fella, got that one of a facebook yoke earlier. No need to work yourself up.

Friendly hint- don't post sh*t then. If you participate in a topic called "WTF Facts" with something that clearly isn't a fact, then you aren't really participating in the topic properly are you?

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 03:15)
Wow.

user posted image

I've known about this for years. Surprised me when I first heard about it.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

FACT: If all the people in China jumped off a chair, then a lot of older people would end up with broken legs or ankles.

FACT: Big is smaller than little

FACT: There is no spoon

FACT: Han shot first.

FACT: Coffee is the drink of Gods (even if those Tea drinkers try telling you otherwise... also you do not need to be religious for this to be fact)

FACT: Gigli is a sh*t film

FACT: You cannot fart quietly in a plastic tub chair

FACT: If the lights are on and you not home, your mind is not your own, your heart sweats, your body shakes, you can't sleep, you can't eat, your throat is tight, you can't breathe, then you are addicted to love.

FACT: Federation Against Copyright Theft

FACT: There is an 'i' in TEAM, it's in the A-Hole

FACT: Pokemon, you gotta collect em all.

FACT: Kenya is better than Norway

FACT: It's the opposite of Fiction

FACT: If anyone tried to remake North by North West they would get a bitchslap by me

FACT: Big girls don't cry... Big Girls... they don't Cry-yi-yi, they don't cry.

FACT: It is illegal to wave an American flag on the 31st November

FACT: Carrots, handbags, cheese, toilets, Russians, planets, hamsters, weddings, poets, Stalin, Kuala Lumpur, pygmies and budgies, are often in disguise

FACT: We have to talk about Kevin

FACT: You cannot wear THAT dress with THOSE shoes.

Finally...

FACT: You cannot simply walk into Mordor (unless you're a Hobbit or Bear Grylls)

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 21:29)
Chill big fella, got that one of a facebook yoke earlier. No need to work yourself up.

Friendly hint- don't post sh*t then. If you participate in a topic called "WTF Facts" with something that clearly isn't a fact, then you aren't really participating in the topic properly are you?

A lot going on in your life I see.

---

The Moon is moving away from the Earth.

300 million golf balls are lost or discarded in the United States alone, a year.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

You cannot touch your elbow with your tongue.
You cannot count your hair.
You cannot breath with your tongue hanging out.

Now please put your tongue back inside your head, you look like a knob.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 07:29)

Calm your farm there daddy-o.

Rabbits can't vomit.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Lord of the Nipples

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:39 AM Edited by Nipperkins, 10 July 2013 - 01:43 AM.

Fact: Most of the "facts" posted in this topic are, in fact, incorrect.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (Joseph Cooke @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:03)
QUOTE (sivispacem @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 21:29)

A lot going on in your life I see.

But he's right. If you're going to post bullsh*t you found online then I could fill an entry with stuff like:

• The right-mouse button wasn't invented until 1997 when Bill Gates was called up by a left-handed dude who was having problems with his left-handed mouse.
• The song Ring Around the Rosie was actually about the Black Plague, the part "we all fall down" is a reference to how people were dying all over the place.
• When George W. Bush got the call about 9/11 at an elementary school he was reading from the book updie-down. A student actually pointed his mistake out as he was getting the call.
• If you use spray-on glitter on your vagina before visiting the gynecologist you might commonly be misdiagnosed as having Heptus Vaginus III.
• From the 1960s until the 1980s McDonalds had been using a filler in their meat patties which was actually worm meat, bought in huge amounts from industrial fisheries.
• It is literally impossible to eat quail for 30 days in a row. Your body will not tolerate it. The same is true of turkey, for about 112 days.
• Coca-Cola has a division called Blue Angels inc. that promises free air travel to cancer patients. Just call Coca-Cola and request it, you'll need your doctor's approval later.
• Sheet music for the song Taps was found in the pocket of a union soldier boy's pocket by his father who was fighting for the confederate.
• Earthquakes are more likely to happen when it is hot out. That's why you see so many cracks in the ground in deserts, and why tropical climate areas (such as California or Southeast Asia) have so many earthquakes.
• More people are alive today than the number of people who have ever been alive.
• Eelskin contains a leftover electric charge. This is especially dangerous because wallets made of eelskin will demagnetize your credit card, leaving them useless.
• Every crater on the moon's surface represents one century that it has been in orbit around the earth.
• If you put a penny on a train track you can derail a train. This was especially an incident in 1963 when the show, "Father Knows Best" had a plot that revolved around Margeret's boyfriend placing a penny on a train track while they were out on a date inspiring hundreds of incidents across the nation.
• The television was invented by accident when a scientist rubbed a charged wire across a fluorescent lamp, creating the image of the christian cross. This scientist was deeply religious so he worked hard to create an electronic apparatus that would deliver the word of Christ to homes across the world.
• Phillips has a contract with Sony that will enable them to take over the sale of all future Playstation consoles. This was an artifact from when Phillips and Sony had worked to produce the disc lock-on that was supposed to allow the SNES to play discs.
• Love bugs were actually a failed genetic experiment from the university of Florida. They were an attempt to breed flying bugs that operated on a system of binary logic.
• Scientists once mathematically/physically proved that it was utterly impossible for a bumblebee to fly.
• In 1928 the German disapora had become so politically influential in America that a proposal to make German the official language of the United States was defeated by only one vote in congress.
• If you eat one Big Mac a day for two weeks you will weigh eighty pounds more than you did when you started.
• The word "buck" as a word for "dollar" came from how farmers in the south could hire blacks for as cheap as "a buck a week."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users