Я твой слуг

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:54 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 26 January 2017 - 12:55 PM.

@AAR: Nice ^^

Found this today. Big sound on this..

Achlys
  • Achlys

Do You Want Me On My Knees?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

• Mister Pink and AAR like this

Achlys
  • Achlys

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:40 AM

Craig
  • Craig

Sangria Dad

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 2 weeks ago

Giving it a mid-week kick up the arse.

Here's a lush track from Hans Peter Ströer and Harry Thumann with the ice-cold vocals being laid by Dagmar Hellberg. It appeared on a compilation released on the Compost label called Elaste Vol. 2 which sounds like a better pressing than the one that turned up on the album itself. Very unusual. The basic idea of this is "once you've f*cked me, f*ck off". I could definitely hear Grace Jones covering this.

• AAR and Achlys like this

AAR
  • AAR

Destroy Power, Not People

• Members
  • Luxembourg

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by AAR, 2 weeks ago.

One album disco funk band produced, written and performed by the Crown Heights Affair band and the singer Gail Smith. Their "Dyin' To Be Dancin'" is considered an all time post disco-boogie classic. An LP that is quite easy to find as it was pressed and distributed in Europe too. Take a risk and find it for you too (on vinyl ;))

Enjoy the 12 Inch Version

For this one it's another story. This group out of Washington D.C., was famous for just one album, which has become highly sought after on the rare groove scene. The tracks on the LP are all winners IMO, without exception. The only problem is that it seems to not have crossed the north Atlantic ocean after its release. Like many groovy disco and boogie funk projects, they didn't do well or didn't hit the US billboard chars at all. They were most likely played in their local clubs and radio stations but that's all. The great news is that this LP was reissued back in 2006 but also on CD around 2011. In Japan a reissue on CD was released in the mid 90's and in 2008 they released a remastered and Limited Edition on CD with sized paper sleeve album replica. Again these bands are still being sought after, played and remembered by soul, disco and funk collectors and enthusiasts. One thing's for sure... You can't lose with this LP.

• Achlys likes this

Achlys
  • Achlys

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 6 days ago

Craig
  • Craig

Sangria Dad

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted A day ago

Some fantastic tracks shared in here lately. Also nice to see some of the 12" versions, because why settle for a shorter song?

Here's one from Sea Level, released in 1978.

• Achlys likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users