Photo

Hunting In-Game Buildings

4 replies to this topic
Thor110
  • Thor110

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hi there, I am currently working on a mod for GTA 4, there are some details for it in the IV Other section.

There are several buildings I have picked out to be used in the mod, but I do not have time to trawl through every last model file in the game, so I was wondering if someone had any tips for finding buildings from the game, or if anyone wanted to help me look for the buildings I am looking for.

The first building I need found is the International Online Unlimited building.

I need to know what files contain this building as well as what files make up the building.

From there I will be able to use OpenIV to extract the models.
Then I will get my 3D modeller to work on some interior for the building.

Thor110

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

It should be under:

data<maps<jersey<nj_02<sw18_plaza.wdr & sw18_plazaglu.wdr (the plaza the building sits upon)

Unfortuantly, I can't find the building itself. It should be in nj_02, but I can't find it. Sounds like an interesting project you're working on, though, mind if I ask what it is? smile.gif

Thor110
  • Thor110

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

wink.gif you have already seen the GTA IV Rampage Edition thread that I posted, so you already know biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info I will check it out.

Thor110

Thor110
  • Thor110

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:27 AM Edited by Thor110, 12 April 2013 - 12:08 PM.

Ahah I found everything I was looking for biggrin.gif I still have a few buildings to search for, but I decided to go for a systematic search of nj_01 and nj_02

sw20sky1.wdr is the IOU building biggrin.gif + there are a lot of other parts to it.

Thor110

Next building I need to find is the underground car park on the middle island, I am searching for it at the moment.

Thor110
  • Thor110

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

I have currently found most of the buildings I am looking for.

Next thing I am looking for are the buildings in EFLC that are not in GTA IV ( so like the Maisonette, the Lost headquarters and all the other buildings that are in the expansions and not the original )

Would be great if I could find someone to help me hunt these buildings down.

Thor110

P.S. seeking testers and modders to help with GTA IV Liberty City Rampage Edition, which will combine all three games into one as well as following a new storyline in liberty city.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users