Photo

Anybody else love riding the trains?

22 replies to this topic
Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Ok, I've seen threads about Cars but not trains. I mean I can't be the only one who spends a hell lot of time in the subway.

For some reason I've always loved trains in GTA games. I used to ride for ages in SA and it is the same in IV. But in IV it is a lot more realistic, Like the announcer would say 'Train A is arriving at <station name?' before the train and arrives and when it leaves 'Train A is leaving...' you get the idea.

Also the behavior on the platforms is more realistic, people just chilling out talking to each other and just waiting for their train. I love the fact that if you don't pay the ticket for the train and the Cops see you go in, You get a wanted level. The station is shabby and dirty like real-life stations and if you have a high wanted level, the trains won't stop.

For me I love the underground stations. I felt that they were more realistic and a lot more people hang out there. I also liked the station near the St. Francis Airport for some reason.

This game continues to amaze me. inlove.gif

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Right. I too am like you who enjoys in the subways. I used to love driving trains in SA and the same carries to IV. More realistic in IV and that's more fun!!!!! lol.gif

SunflowerSeed
  • SunflowerSeed

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Gamelord @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 12:14)
Right. I too am like you who enjoys in the subways. I used to love driving trains in SA and the same carries to IV. More realistic in IV and that's more fun!!!!! lol.gif

You can't drive trains in IV

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

I ride trains to get rid of my wanted level smile.gif

Also, I like hanging around the subway stations just to push people in front of the trains biggrin.gif (and to bump into peeps walking down the stairs to see them tumble)

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 21:15)
Also, I like hanging around the subway stations just to push people in front of the trains biggrin.gif (and to bump into peeps walking down the stairs to see them tumble)

This. I usually dont ride trains so I push people. Especially cops devil.gif

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

Im guilty of this too, every now and then I will just chill out and ride the subway and try to get to diff parts of the map using it, I just enjoy how its detailed and not just one big simple loop, you have to switch trains and look up which train you need to take to get to a certain place.

I also just love the atmosphere it brings to the city in general, be it walking down hove beach at dusk under the E tracks and seeing the shadow of the overpassing train flicker past, when driving around and seeing the train trundle past ahead of you, walking along Alqunquin and hearing the subway rumble underneath, or steeping of at the stations and hearing a busker play the sax on the platform.

f*ck it im off to play gtaIV!!

[/QUOTE]
. The station is shabby and dirty like real-life stations and if you have a high wanted level, the trains won't stop.

For me I love the underground stations. I felt that they were more realistic and a lot more people hang out there. I also liked the station near the St. Francis Airport for some reason.

This game continues to amaze me.

Agree OP, some really unique and intersting stations dotted around the map, Meadow park, hove beach and triangle stations being a few of the cooler ones of the top of my head. shame alot of people would'nt even have bothered with the subway after vlads mission. ah well.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

Only reason I ever go to the train stations is to push people in front of the trains, I never actually catch a train, I would prefer a nice non-skipped taxi ride.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

I also like the trains in GTAIV. I don't really use them but I admire the effort Rockstar put into the subways.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (SunflowerSeed @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 21:09)

Not talking about driving the train.... wink.gif

jimbo1a
  • jimbo1a

Mr Gold Card

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

I have to admit this is something I rarely do but now people have mentioned I am off to play IV right now just to ride the trains and see what it's like smile.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (Gamelord @ Wednesday, Apr 10 2013, 17:06)

QUOTE (Gamelord)
I used to love driving trains in SA and the same carries to IV

rolleyes.gif

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

I like it, I always ride the train after a stevie car job, to the safehouse in algonquin maybe Drucillas if ray has a job for me smile.gif

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

I push people on the tracks

Why ? Because GTA devil.gif

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:14 PM Edited by Gamelord, 10 April 2013 - 12:19 PM.

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Wednesday, Apr 10 2013, 10:20)
QUOTE (Gamelord @ Wednesday, Apr 10 2013, 17:06)

QUOTE (Gamelord)
I used to love driving trains in SA and the same carries to IV

rolleyes.gif

I said driving trains in SA (San Andreas), not in IV. smile.gif
EDIT: Went through my sentence and it seems to be wrong.
'and the same carries to IV.' I actually meant something else, hope you understand. wink.gif

Kung Lao
  • Kung Lao

FOR THE SHAOLIN

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Sometimes i use the subway. Beats a taxi. And yes the amount of detail they put on the subway stations. It really is amazing. I watched a few vids ages ago on youtube and couldnt believe the similarities with the real life subway stations and IV. Heres hoping V will be the same

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Golf Wang

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

You have to pay to use the subway? I don't ever remember getting a wanted level for walking in there.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

Honestly, I haven't actually taken the time to sit back and ride on the train for a while. I've always loved the idea of it though, and it's yet another feature that I feel makes GTA IV such a great game.

I've ridden the subway a little bit, but have spent more time looking at some of their stations in Broker - as some of them look cool like the one in Schottler and Meadows Hills(nice architecture).

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

and when you drive the train, pop up the phone and go into camera mode. itll be like 1st person

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

I love the trains in GTA IV just to relax.

albanyave
  • albanyave

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

I ride the trains all the time. I try to move around the city at least once on the trains each time I play. Once I get to a destination, I always steal a car and go to get something to eat.

GTA IV has a lot of options available to move from point A to point B. That makes it fun and less stagnant.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (streetx1xracer @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 22:51)
and when you drive the train, pop up the phone and go into camera mode. itll be like 1st person

Never tried that! cool.gif

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Maggot899 @ Thursday, Apr 11 2013, 23:33)
You have to pay to use the subway? I don't ever remember getting a wanted level for walking in there.

I sometimes get a wanted level if I get on a train. I think (but I may be wrong) you have to walk through the little white/green gates in the station if you do not want a wanted level, and not the open gates right next to them. But again, I may be wrong!

I haven't tried this, but all I know is sometimes I get wanted level when I get on the train, and sometimes I don't. And sometimes I walk through the white and green gates, and sometimes I don't.

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Friday, Apr 12 2013, 11:57)
I sometimes get a wanted level if I get on a train. I think (but I may be wrong) you have to walk through the little white/green gates in the station if you do not want a wanted level, and not the open gates right next to them. But again, I may be wrong!

I haven't tried this, but all I know is sometimes I get wanted level when I get on the train, and sometimes I don't. And sometimes I walk through the white and green gates, and sometimes I don't.

You get just sometimes randomly wanted level from entering to subway, because you enter to vehicle you don't own. I read this from GTAWikia. And You have to pay from train ride at the end of ride and you cannot exit without paying. (Payed automatically when leaving train.)

I also like IV trains and I have rode every single line and visited on most of stations just to see details. Also I have driven subways throught with motorcycle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users