Photo

Realistic Elevator

14 replies to this topic
Ginsan
  • Ginsan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

Who else wants to see realistic elevators in GTA V? Ofcourse, there were elevators in Vice City and San Andreas - iirc, there was one somewhere in Pier 69, right? - but they weren't so realistic, were they? I mean, as soon as you board one, the screen turns black for a few seconds and then, you'll find yourself in the next floor. What happend during the black-out?

Personally, I believe every enterable buildings which have more than two floors, should have an elevator. They should also be realistic just like the elevators in the game Hitman. Unlike Vice City or San Andreas, their doors should remain closed so when you stand infront, a selectable option saying "Call Elevator" should appear near the hud, near the map or anywhere in the screen. After entering inside the elevator, you should get to choose the floor, you want to go. There shouldn't be any black-outs nor cutscenes once you're travelling. You should also be able to move anywhere inside the elevator. Office peds and other peds should also be able to board the elevator. It'd be really cool and realistic to travel in an elevator with people aside. You can turn into a psycho and insanely kill everyone inside whilst travelling..

So yeah, what do you think? Thoughts? Discussions? Ideas?

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:52 AM Edited by DODI3OG, 09 April 2013 - 07:55 AM.

QUOTE (Ginsan @ Tuesday, February 30 2011, 69:00)
Who else wants to see realistic elevators in GTA V? Ofcourse, there were elevators in Vice City and San Andreas - iirc, there was one somewhere in Pier 69, right? - but they weren't so realistic, were they? I mean, as soon as you board one, the screen turns black for a few seconds and then, you'll find yourself in the next floor. What happend during the black-out?

Personally, I believe every enterable buildings which have more than two floors, should have an elevator. They should also be realistic just like the elevators in the game Hitman. Unlike Vice City or San Andreas, their doors should remain closed so when you  stand infront, a selectable option saying "Call Elevator" should appear near the hud, near the map or anywhere in the screen. After entering inside the elevator, you should get to choose the floor, you want to go. There shouldn't be any black-outs nor cutscenes once you're travelling. You should also be able to move anywhere inside the elevator. Office peds and other peds should also be able to board the elevator. It'd be really cool and realistic to travel in an elevator with people aside. You can turn into a psycho and insanely kill everyone inside whilst travelling..

So yeah, what do you think? Thoughts? Discussions? Ideas?

I disagree. Or, before I do. IS this another realistic Steak clone?

But honestly, we don't really need this feature.

What happend during the black-out?

None. Because blackouts wouldn't make it into GTA V. It'll be such a nuisance if R* implements it into the game. Blackouts might happen in a mission or two, but outside, I just can't see it happening.

IMHO, I better see some elevators as a "teleporting machine" rather than an actual, working one. It's kind of useless feature for a game this big w/c needs its memories allocated smartly for better performance overall.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:01 AM Edited by gta5freemode4eva, 09 April 2013 - 08:07 AM.

Take the stairs you lazy buggers!!!

OT - I don't mind if the game 'blacks out' to suit the length of time in the elevator... so if start at the ground and go to the 50th floor it'll take 5 seconds... if you went to the 100th floor (from ground) it'll black out for 10 seconds but I don't need the inside view of and elevator, and you know what R* are like, they would make this look and sound flipping real... i'd rather they use the resources on something more important.

However... devil.gif

Being in a crowded elevator with different weapons would provide pleasure. It would be painted red by the 1st floor biggrin.gif soo actually, I now want elevators biggrin.gif

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

I feel they should have done this in IV

ilmurtino
  • ilmurtino

Uncle Murda

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

It is a good idead actually. But since it would probably be quite difficult to model every single floor in a tall building(and make them interesting) they could omit the floor button and do L.A Noire-style where you just walk up to the elevator and the character automatically presses the button. It would also be quite neat if you could do like they did in Hitman, simply press a button to climb up the top of the elevator cage. Imagine a mission where you would take out a number of goons, you just send up an "empty" elevator and then blast their asses when you come down. Or a heist where you would get on top of the elevator and climb into the AC-shaft, Die Hard style.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

I hope the elevator works in this building in GTAV:

user posted image

Ginsan
  • Ginsan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 07:52)
I disagree. Or, before I do. IS this another realistic Steak clone?

I do know about all those REALISTIC threads [Thanks to the Search function] but this has nothing to do with it. I just thought this might spark up some good discussions and this feature will make the game far-more realistic, that's all.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Hm… not really necessary but I guess it could be nice if there are some "realistic" elevators in big buildings, so we could "meet" people inside the elevator (for random events) or just kill em. And then having a wanted level, go from floor to floor and have shootouts with the cops from the elevator.

Maybe we could also open their roof and climb with some equipment inside the hoistway! icon14.gif

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

I remember there was a huge building in IV and it took you like 2 minutes or so to get on the top with stairs, realistic elevators I'm in for it.

artificialguy
  • artificialguy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Haha, yes. Realistic elevators are so important! Duh. This isn't another pointless thread.

But seriously, in LA Noire you could observe the whole trip. There weren't black loading screens. Hope in GTA V will be the same.

Threepwood
  • Threepwood

Calm like a bomb.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Outside elevators where you can take a look over the city/landscape would indeed be gorgeous as an eyecatcher.
But thats like vehicle indicator lights for the player - not game relevant I fear.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Threepwood @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 19:19)
Outside elevators where you can take a look over the city/landscape would indeed be gorgeous as an eyecatcher.
But thats like vehicle indicator lights for the player - not game relevant I fear.

There may be some buildings w/c may offer this kind of feature you're speaking of. Remember in IV, that the exterior world was fully rendered from the interior world? and vice versa?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

There were a few places in GTA IV with window-washer scaffolds (or were they GTA mural-painting scaffolds? smile.gif ) that you can control to go up or down tall buildings. So it seems like the basic mechanism is in place for physical elevators (either closed internal elevators or external glass elevators with a view).

There have been a few good elevator scenes in the Die hard movies. Since Rockstar games imitate movies, it's conceivable that they could include some elevator action in GTAV if they want to.

mulder84
  • mulder84

Someone not dancing to Uncle Sam's tune?

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by mulder84, 09 April 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Not for two-story or three-story interiors, that's much better handled by escalators or stairs. However, I do like access to a couple of high rises where you can only access certain floors of the building (ground and top floor only, perhaps). That's where escalators would be useful.

EDIT: I like the sound of exterior escalators, perhaps a mission involving that? You get stuck in the 30th floor and need to climb out of the lift and up to the 35th floor to your objective. One hell of a scenic view that would make. lol.gif

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'd quite like to see elevators in V.

I recall a while back on one of the CoD games (The first Black-Ops I think) brought out a couple of new maps on DLC and one of them contained working elevators; I have to say, whilst not a CoD fan, they were a lot of fun to use. Chucking C4s into them and then sending them up etc.

They also added a bit of suspense during games, not knowing what was going to be on the other side whilst ascending/descending.

I would be very surprised if they weren't in V with all those high-rise buildings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users