Photo

Map Size Thread

8,295 replies to this topic
bakerach
  • bakerach

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, May 31 2013, 16:55)
QUOTE (bakerach @ Friday, May 31 2013, 09:28)

They did recreate the sprawl of LA, you fool-  you just don't know because you haven't played the game.  Trust me, it sprawls.  Massively.

user posted image

Show us on the blueprint map where all of that sprawl is located.

Oh my bad, I forgot the blueprint was the whole map... sarcasm.gif

Choco taco, out of everyone here, you seem to be the one who both understands the least and expects the worst, so there's no point in further explaining anything to you.

whydoyouevenbother
  • whydoyouevenbother

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (bakerach @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:43)

They did recreate the sprawl of LA, you fool-  you just don't know because you haven't played the game.  Trust me, it sprawls.  Massively.

user posted image

Choco taco, out of everyone here, you seem to be the one who both understands the least and expects the worst, so there's no point in further explaining anything to you.

icon14.gif cookie.gif agreed. choco is a little slow moto_whistle.gif

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

user posted image

There is not a massive amount of sprawl in LS looking at that blueprint map. Be honest.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (bakerach @ Friday, May 31 2013, 11:43)

user posted image

Where would the rest of Los Santos be located then? Does that single road through the docks lead to the rest of the city where the supposed sprawl exists?

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (whydoyouevenbother @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:33)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:19)
QUOTE (whydoyouevenbother @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:59)
QUOTE (Fatty Roman @ Friday, May 31 2013, 16:23)
QUOTE (whydoyouevenbother @ Friday, May 31 2013, 16:13)
QUOTE (Fatty Roman @ Friday, May 31 2013, 16:04)
QUOTE (whydoyouevenbother @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:47)
QUOTE (Fatty Roman @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:29)
QUOTE (whydoyouevenbother @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:20)
QUOTE (Fatty Roman @ Friday, May 31 2013, 10:32)
@icandothisallday

What you were arguing yesterday had nothing to do with what i was explaining.

I wasnt making a map size guess.

I simply stated that there are people on this forum that believe RDR is bigger than SA. At the same time they also believe that the map for V will be 3.5 tines RDR. Combine that with what we know - "V will be bigger than IV, RDR, and SA". Now I wasnt saying any of this is true because its not. These statements those people believe actually contradict eachother.

Again like i said if RDR is the biggest out of all,  the sum of all of them can not be 3.5 times RDR. You cant add 2 small objects to the biggest and get a number that is 3.5 times the biggest. Its mathematically impossible.

ive seen you do this 100x now. you want to say that rockstar said "gta v is rdr, iv, and san andreas put together" when in actuality they said "gta v is BIGGER than san andreas, iv, and rdr combined WITH ROOM TO SPARE! that last part blow your reasoning all to hell. good try though. i still dont get how you cant understand this???

@dxbrandon... no... san andreas isnt bigger than rdr. its just the opposite, confirmed by dan houser himself.

I said that exact thing. Read what you quoted. You dont need to say 'bigger than' and 'room to spare' in the same sentence. They both mean the same thing. None of you "los santos size fanboys" ever read what youre quoting. You all quote somebody and say theyre wrong and then proceed to say the exact thing they just said. Thats why this thread is garbage.

so you realize your three squares math problem is complete bullsh*t because there is a fourth unknown variable? thats why i tried to explain it. it ibviously doesnt make any sense to you. oh well, i tried. like i said, prove me wrong... no one has.

@jo the ingame measurements prove nothing. somebody the other day say the protags run different speeds but that the measurements were the same. i asked why they thought the protags run different speeds and they said the games were a decade apart running on different engines on different generations of consoles which was exactly my point as to why the in game measurements are off. also, anyone that does in game measurements gets different results from the guy before them and the guy before that. unreliable to say the least. im still siding with the games creator. you do whatever your heart desires.

OT:yes the game looks massive. we have seen a lot of the city. i hope the next bit of info shows us what else the map has to offer

You are so thick headed. Let me space this out for you.

I never said SA was bigger or smaller.

I never tried to claim I knew the map size.

I never directly quoted Rockstar nor do I ever.

Again, you failed to read the very first thing i posted.

I was stating that THE OTHER PEOPLE that believe the statements "X,Y, and Z" are contradicting themselves because within those 3 statements lies a mathematical impossibility.

That was it.

I dont care which map is bigger.

I dont know which map is bigger.

it is not a mathematical impossibility for rdr to be the biggest... it cant be. if it had said gta v was exactly as big as sa,iv,and rdr and then said the game is 3.5x rdr then yes it would be impossible for rdr to be the biggest map. however, that wasnt the case. they said its bigger than those three maps with room to spare. therefore it is absolutely impossible to say which map is the biggest or smallest of those statements alone. im going off the two sources i posted of dan houser saying "rdr is twice as big as san andreas". also if you play the games its fairly obvious.

@ the hate... so i guess this confirm los santos is bigger than liberty city?

one more time and then im tapping out -

*ahem*

I NEVER CLAIMED TO KNOW WHICH MAP IS BIGGER NOR DO I CARE. I DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT QUOTES CAME FROM WHERE. I SAID THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THOSE 3 STATEMENTS AND IF THOSE STATEMENTS WERE TRUE (which apperently theyre not) THEN THEY WOULD BE CONTRADICTING THEMSELVES AND THE MATH WOULDNT ADD UP.

Do you get it now? Is that clear enough?

And just for sh*ts and giggles you should post your source for where hauser was quoted saying rdr is twice as big as sa.

holy f*ck! the "3 statements" you speak of are false. the true statements were "gtav is bigger than gta iv, gta san andreas, and rdr with room to spare" and "gta v is 3.5xrdr, 5xrdr if you count the underwater explorable areas". therefore it isnt a mathematical impossibility that rdr could be the biggest. in fact it is highly plausible seeing as dan houser said "rdr is twice as big as sa"!!!

http://www.360sync.c...mption-pax-demo

http://n4g.com/news/...emption-details

just for you fattyroman... chew on that for a minute

@acehigh... are you special or something? the map need only be roughly 3.35miles high by 3.35miles wide to come up with the square mileage he did...

Listen, Rockstar literally have confirmed the size of San Andreas to be 13.9 square miles.

They have also said that GTAIV is smaller than San Andreas.

Okay, let's say that RDR indeed is 28 square miles, just for your happiness.

28 plus 13.9 plus 6.25 (I'm including water areas too, for the sake of "room to spare ") equals 47.75 square miles.

BUT, GTAV is 3.5 times RDR, excluding the underwater. 3.5*28 equals 98 square miles.

Unless the land areas of GTA SA and GTAIV are doubled, you won't arrive anywhere close to 98 square miles.

hahahahahahaha! please, pretty please with a cherry on top provide the source where rockstar confirms that san andreas is 13.9 square miles... sigh.gif

also, ive provided two links that quote dan houser as saying rdr is roughly twice as big as san andreas...

http://www.gamespot....e-hood-6126774/

Here was a Q&A done with developers at R* North confirming the map size of San Andreas.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (whydoyouevenbother @ Friday, May 31 2013, 11:50)

icon14.gif cookie.gif agreed. choco is a little slow moto_whistle.gif

I got you to search the internet for 2 hours last night looking for something I don't care about. Then you got banned. If I'm slow, what are you?

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (whydoyouevenbother @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:33)

hahahahahahaha! please, pretty please with a cherry on top provide the source where rockstar confirms that san andreas is 13.9 square miles... sigh.gif

The map is 6 by 6 kilometers or 36 million square meters. That's just the outside map and doesn't include the interior locations in the game, of which there are many.

John Whyte RockStar staff member talking to Gamespot

http://uk.gamespot.c...e-hood-6126774/

4th question

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Friday, May 31 2013, 14:01)

The map is 6 by 6 kilometers or 36 million square meters. That's just the outside map and doesn't include the interior locations in the game, of which there are many.

4th question

Yup, just posted this too. 36 square kilometers or 13.8 square miles.

bakerach
  • bakerach

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:53)

user posted image

There is not a massive amount of sprawl in LS looking at that blueprint map. Be honest.

That assumes that there's nothing north/northeast of the Vinewood hills. When I first saw the blueprint I thought it was showing the whole of LS, but now I'm thinking there's likely a San Fernando valley area north/northeast of the Vinewood/observatory hills. There's an interstate going through those hills in real life, between downtown LA to the SF Valley, and with none of that area visible on the blueprint and no screenshots/trailers showing that area clearly, it's a possibility.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (bakerach @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:04)
That assumes that there's nothing north/northeast of the Vinewood hills. When I first saw the blueprint I thought it was showing the whole of LS, but now I'm thinking there's likely a San Fernando valley area north/northeast of the Vinewood/observatory hills. There's an interstate going through those hills in real life, between downtown LA to the SF Valley, and with none of that area visible on the blueprint and no screenshots/trailers showing that area clearly, it's a possibility.

That would be cool. icon14.gif

whydoyouevenbother
  • whydoyouevenbother

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:01)

4th question

yeah i read that. i also read the two links i posted where dan houser is quoted as saying rdr is roughly twice as big as san andreas.

@choco i looked for a total of five minutes tops. not sure where you got the 2hrs... well on second thought you probably made that number up like you do everything else. yes i got banned. look where im at...lol thats why i named my account what i did. someone will ban me, and ill be back on in about 5 minutes. biggrin.gif

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (bakerach @ Friday, May 31 2013, 12:04)

That assumes that there's nothing north/northeast of the Vinewood hills.  When I first saw the blueprint I thought it was showing the whole of LS, but now I'm thinking there's likely a San Fernando valley area north/northeast of the Vinewood/observatory hills.  There's an interstate going through those hills in real life, between downtown LA to the SF Valley, and with none of that area visible on the blueprint and no screenshots/trailers showing that area clearly, it's a possibility.

http://i.imgur.com/xr5p9rX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ai0HwDj.jpg

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, May 31 2013, 17:59)
QUOTE (whydoyouevenbother @ Friday, May 31 2013, 11:50)

icon14.gif    cookie.gif  agreed. choco is a little slow  moto_whistle.gif

I got you to search the internet for 2 hours last night looking for something I don't care about. Then you got banned. If I'm slow, what are you?

Haha true, the IP ban hammer needs to come out.

OT: There is no sprawl south of the city, as you said. This is clearly shown by numerous screenshots and trailer stills. It's just more docks then ocean. I don't understand where that road leads, perhaps to a tunnel that comes out in Del Perro/Vespucci, visible in this screenshot, although that would have to be one long tunnel.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:17)

That assumes that there's nothing north/northeast of the Vinewood hills.  When I first saw the blueprint I thought it was showing the whole of LS, but now I'm thinking there's likely a San Fernando valley area north/northeast of the Vinewood/observatory hills.  There's an interstate going through those hills in real life, between downtown LA to the SF Valley, and with none of that area visible on the blueprint and no screenshots/trailers showing that area clearly, it's a possibility.

That crushed that hope. tounge.gif

Oh well

bakerach
  • bakerach

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:22)
QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:17)

That crushed that hope. tounge.gif

Oh well

I'll say that farm area is probably close to the right location, but the one looking towards the Alamo Sea doesn't really tell us a whole lot about what's directly north/northeast of the city. The area we're seeing is pretty far away since the Vinewood sign is so high up, MUCH higher up than in San Andreas. Even still, you can see roads at the bottom right corner of that screenshot, showing the area directly behind the Vinewood hill to likely be residential.

GTA.
  • GTA.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

so stop saying that these maps sizes are not accurate http://experiencesvi...rtie-cut-scene/

you feel RDR is smaller than SA because RDR does not have a lot of different places

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (GTA. @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:47)
so stop saying that these maps sizes are not accurate http://experiencesvi...rtie-cut-scene/

you feel RDR is smaller than SA because RDR does not have a lot of different places

user posted image

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:18)
OT: There is no sprawl south of the city, as you said. This is clearly shown by numerous screenshots and trailer stills. It's just more docks then ocean. I don't understand where that road leads, perhaps to a tunnel that comes out in Del Perro/Vespucci, visible in this screenshot, although that would have to be one long tunnel.

It's not just that highway, there seems to be about 3 roads leading to the docks. I'm still willing to bet that there's a Terminal Island to the south.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:55)
QUOTE (kesta195 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 18:18)

It's not just that highway, there seems to be about 3 roads leading to the docks. I'm still willing to bet that there's a Terminal Island to the south.

They may well be one, but it can't be very large or far out otherwise we would have seen it.

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 07:25)
QUOTE (whydoyouevenbother @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:20)
QUOTE (Fatty Roman @ Friday, May 31 2013, 10:32)
@icandothisallday

What you were arguing yesterday had nothing to do with what i was explaining.

I wasnt making a map size guess.

I simply stated that there are people on this forum that believe RDR is bigger than SA. At the same time they also believe that the map for V will be 3.5 tines RDR. Combine that with what we know - "V will be bigger than IV, RDR, and SA". Now I wasnt saying any of this is true because its not. These statements those people believe actually contradict eachother.

Again like i said if RDR is the biggest out of all,  the sum of all of them can not be 3.5 times RDR. You cant add 2 small objects to the biggest and get a number that is 3.5 times the biggest. Its mathematically impossible.

ive seen you do this 100x now. you want to say that rockstar said "gta v is rdr, iv, and san andreas put together" when in actuality they said "gta v is BIGGER than san andreas, iv, and rdr combined WITH ROOM TO SPARE! that last part blow your reasoning all to hell. good try though. i still dont get how you cant understand this???

@dxbrandon... no... san andreas isnt bigger than rdr. its just the opposite, confirmed by dan houser himself.

You're not very logical are you. If that "room to spare" was significant, which it HAS TO BE if your theory was right, then Rockstar wouldn't just say "room to spare" they'd make a much bigger deal out of it. Are you that dumb? Or just trolling?

im guessin theyre the same person:

whydoyouevenbother icandothisallday

ghostface8282
  • ghostface8282

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Does anyone in this topic talk about los santos size anymore? That is the topic of the thread correct? Plus Ive know since before Read Dead Redemption came out that the map was larger than Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. That information was released by Rockstar before the game came out and its pretty obvious when you play the game.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (ghostface8282 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 19:55)
Does anyone in this topic talk about los santos size anymore? That is the topic of the thread correct? Plus Ive know since before Read Dead Redemption came out that the map was larger than Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. That information was released by Rockstar before the game came out and its pretty obvious when you play the game.

Except it's not.

I can't stand all the people who think RDR is larger than SA, and claiming that it is twice the size of SA is just plain silly.

No wonder so many people are having trouble estimating the size of Los Santos. They are working with terribly misinformed ideas of previous map sizes.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Welcome to the forums. icon14.gif

or maybe this is the third troll account of icandothisallday

ghostface8282
  • ghostface8282

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (ChocoFrosty @ Friday, May 31 2013, 20:10)

Except it's not.

I can't stand all the people who think RDR is larger than SA, and claiming that it is twice the size of SA is just plain silly.

No wonder so many people are having trouble estimating the size of Los Santos. They are working with terribly misinformed ideas of previous map sizes.

Should we make a seperate thread for this? I hate to inform you but GTA SA isn't bigger than RDR. I dont know why that makes you so angry. Besides, this is the los santos size compared to liberty city so maybe take it elsewhere fellas.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Except it's not.

Exactly. RDR isn't bigger than San Andreas. I played both games inside out and San Andreas is definitely larger... Saying otherwise is just stupid.

ghostface8282
  • ghostface8282

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Friday, May 31 2013, 20:18)

Except it's not.

Exactly. RDR isn't bigger than San Andreas. I played both games inside out and San Andreas is definitely larger... Saying otherwise is just stupid.

LOS SANTOS SIZE!

That would be the title of the thread in caps at the top of my post. If you would like to talk about how Red Dead Redemption is bigger than San Andreas then make a thread for it.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Friday, May 31 2013, 16:18)

Except it's not.

San Andreas is small now to me.. confused.gif

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

HERE

http://www.gtaforums...T&f=94&t=558864

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (ChatterBoxFM @ Friday, May 31 2013, 20:48)
HERE

http://www.gtaforums...T&f=94&t=558864

thx

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Friday, May 31 2013, 20:37)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Friday, May 31 2013, 16:18)

Except it's not.

San Andreas is small now to me.. confused.gif

Well, it takes less than 24 minutes to get from end of RDR's map to the other (Black Water to Escalera) while riding the American Standardbred, which isn't even the fastest mount in the game. For me, traveling San Andreas takes a hell of a lot longer. It still felt big as f*ck the last time I played it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users