Photo

Map Size Thread

8,295 replies to this topic
icandothisallday
  • icandothisallday

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Friday, May 31 2013, 06:45)
You posted a link to a translation of a 3D Juegos article which purported to be quoting Dan Houser.

yeah... wtf did you post? other than sh*t i clearly know already cause im the one that posted it...

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (icandothisallday @ Friday, May 31 2013, 00:40)

how on earth do you get that its impossible for rdr to be bigger than gta iv and san andreas? they made two seperate quotes... we have been through this 100 f*cking times. "GTA V is bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas, and Read Dead Redemption WITH ROOM TO SPARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" they also said "GTA V is 3.5x bigger than rdr. 5x bigger than rdr if you count explorable underwater area" Please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD explain to me how in the f*ck is it impossible that rdr is bigger than san andreas? especially when ive posted a link to a dan houser quote saying rdr is twice as big as san andreas and you have posted nothing but pure speculation the revolves around guessing at in game measurments being scaled the same a decade apart on different engines and different consoles...

user posted image

icon14.gif

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

I posted a request for some other source.

It was on this page.

I don't understand why you're so confused/angry

icandothisallday
  • icandothisallday

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, May 31 2013, 06:49)

how on earth do you get that its impossible for rdr to be bigger than gta iv and san andreas? they made two seperate quotes... we have been through this 100 f*cking times. "GTA V is bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas, and Read Dead Redemption WITH ROOM TO SPARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" they also said "GTA V is 3.5x bigger than rdr. 5x bigger than rdr if you count explorable underwater area" Please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD explain to me how in the f*ck is it impossible that rdr is bigger than san andreas? especially when ive posted a link to a dan houser quote saying rdr is twice as big as san andreas and you have posted nothing but pure speculation the revolves around guessing at in game measurments being scaled the same a decade apart on different engines and different consoles...

user posted image

icon14.gif

still waiting on the sa fanboy club to post A SINGLE LINK that proves me wrong... sleepy.gif

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (icandothisallday @ Friday, May 31 2013, 00:51)

still waiting on the sa fanboy club to post A SINGLE LINK that proves me wrong... sleepy.gif

http://www.gtaforums...entry1062582629

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm trying to see if there is any other information out there that agrees with the one link you provided.

I've not found anything.

GuilTymAutoFive
  • GuilTymAutoFive

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (icandothisallday @ Friday, May 31 2013, 06:40)
QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, May 31 2013, 06:33)
QUOTE (icandothisallday @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 23:54)

i just typed in san andreas bigger than read dead on google and seriously the only link i found backing your idea up is a link to these forums where choco is telling some guy how san andreas is bigger. thats your evidence.... very convincing to say the least sigh.gif

Well, that's exactly what your other "sources" were - links to forums. No other gaming site reported that RDR was twice as large as SA.

The only site that did is in Spanish, so they might have gotten Houser's quote screwed up in translation. Considering the facts that only one source on the internet reported that RDR is 2 x SA, the actual in-game measurements showing SA is larger, and the statements about the size of GTA V (5 x RDR etc) only working if RDR is smaller than SA, it's safe to say the quote is wrong.

The only evidence that RDR is twice the size of SA is a translated quote from a single source. That's some good proof right there. icon14.gif

Hello im Sam Houser and i would to clarify a small detail about a wrong thing that my brother Dan said few years ago: Rdr is twice smaller than SA ( not twice bigger as he said). I m confused and sorry for him.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

Case Closed.

Thank you Mr. Houser.

icandothisallday
  • icandothisallday

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, May 31 2013, 06:55)
QUOTE (icandothisallday @ Friday, May 31 2013, 00:51)

http://www.gtaforums...entry1062582629

still waiting......lol you guys are pathetic. ive got one source. ill find another tomorrow. maybe two. you guys have zero sources... unless you count the foreign dipsh*t pretending to be "mr houser". knowing you guys though you are probably counting that.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

Dude, one of the creators of the game posted and confirmed that you were wrong.

You can't get proof more solid than that.

Give it up, you're embarrassing yourself.

icandothisallday
  • icandothisallday

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Friday, May 31 2013, 07:12)
Dude, one of the creators of the game posted and confirmed that you were wrong.

You can't get proof more solid than that.

Give it up, you're embarrassing yourself.

very funny little guy dozingoff.gif

btw is anyone interested in discussing the original topic of the thread? or just how right i am about rdr being bigger than san andreas? i would like to know about the map they cranked out today and why the strip to the east of los santos is blank.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Did a new map come out today? An official one?

icandothisallday
  • icandothisallday

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

user posted image

icon14.gif

http://www.360sync.c...mption-pax-demo

why dont you cirlce that one dipsh*t! source number two.....

and @glitzy no a confirmed map hasnt been released but some people that saw the demo collaborated with some people on the forums mapping thread and made a rough estimate. i was wondering why the left east of los santos blank. didnt know if we hadnt seen over there yet or not

Undertaker13
  • Undertaker13

SoonŽ

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

...Rockstar says the map is 3.5 times bigger than Red Dead Redemption -- 5 times bigger if you include topography, as representatives kept talking about be depths of the ocean...-IGN

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 23:22)
Did a new map come out today? An official one?

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=558739

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Thanks

GTA.
  • GTA.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (icandothisallday @ Friday, May 31 2013, 07:25)

user posted image

icon14.gif

and @glitzy no a confirmed map hasnt been released but some people that saw the demo collaborated with some people on the forums mapping thread and made a rough estimate. i was wondering why the left east of los santos blank. didnt know if we hadnt seen over there yet or not

RDR is twice sa ?

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (icandothisallday @ Friday, May 31 2013, 01:25)

I made you search the internet for 2 hours looking for another source that I don't even care about.

user posted image

Dan Houser also said they replicated the sprawl of LA.

Don't believe everything you're told. SA is bigger than RDR.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

Still in the process of watching that GTAV O Clock movie but...

Damn does it ever look good. They do a good job tying A to B while showing C in the background. Granted the thread here seems to have already done most of the work...

But it's nice to see it presented in video form, more digestible.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, May 31 2013, 03:57)

I made you search the internet for 2 hours looking for another source that I don't even care about.

user posted image

Wait so SA is bigger than RDR? That's hard to believe, i mean I'm a big SA fan, but RDR was freaking Huge! Way WAY bigger than SA IMO.

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Friday, May 31 2013, 05:16)

user posted image

Wait so SA is bigger than RDR? That's hard to believe, i mean I'm a big SA fan, but RDR was freaking Huge! Way WAY bigger than SA IMO.

That's just because horses are slower than cars, so it may FEEL bigger, but in reality isn't, here's a thread that uses the game's own distance traveled stats to measure the map size: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=531982

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Friday, May 31 2013, 04:42)

user posted image

That's just because horses are slower than cars, so it may FEEL bigger, but in reality isn't, here's a thread that uses the game's own distance traveled stats to measure the map size: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=531982

I guess so. Back than I thought SA was so big, but now that when I try to play it, sh*t is small as hell. I'm still glad they said 3x bigger than RDR because if it feels as big as RDR felt with cars plus 3x the land mass, then I'm happy.

GTA.
  • GTA.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Friday, May 31 2013, 09:11)
QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Friday, May 31 2013, 04:42)

user posted image

I guess so. Back than I thought SA was so big, but now that when I try to play it, sh*t is small as hell. I'm still glad they said 3x bigger than RDR because if it feels as big as RDR felt with cars plus 3x the land mass, then I'm happy.

if SA is bigger than RDR , then with how much twice ?

Fatty Roman
  • Fatty Roman

(Jordan_Philip) GTA fan since '99

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

@icandothisallday

What you were arguing yesterday had nothing to do with what i was explaining.

I wasnt making a map size guess.

I simply stated that there are people on this forum that believe RDR is bigger than SA. At the same time they also believe that the map for V will be 3.5 tines RDR. Combine that with what we know - "V will be bigger than IV, RDR, and SA". Now I wasnt saying any of this is true because its not. These statements those people believe actually contradict eachother.

Again like i said if RDR is the biggest out of all, the sum of all of them can not be 3.5 times RDR. You cant add 2 small objects to the biggest and get a number that is 3.5 times the biggest. Its mathematically impossible.

cj2400
  • cj2400

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:12 AM Edited by cj2400, 31 May 2013 - 11:14 AM.

Edit

FloridaGatorPride
  • FloridaGatorPride

GatorPride24

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

I believe the playable area of the RDR map is smaller than SA, but the Whole map of RDR is definitely bigger than SA. I really wish R* could of let us play the whole map of RDR!

Fatty Roman
  • Fatty Roman

(Jordan_Philip) GTA fan since '99

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (FloridaGatorPride @ Friday, May 31 2013, 12:39)
I believe the playable area of the RDR map is smaller than SA, but the Whole map of RDR is definitely bigger than SA. I really wish R* could of let us play the whole map of RDR!

Why would you ever include the non acceessible area of RDR? Thats like including canada as part of the US just because its there

Mr. Cozzarelli
  • Mr. Cozzarelli

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (FloridaGatorPride @ Friday, May 31 2013, 13:39)
I believe the playable area of the RDR map is smaller than SA

I guess, the only thing that matters is the playable part of it.
And yes, it is most likely smaller than SA.

BTW, many of you seem to forget that R* said "including the interiors the landmass of V will be the size of IV, SA and RDR combined with room to spare." wink.gif

whydoyouevenbother
  • whydoyouevenbother

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Fatty Roman @ Friday, May 31 2013, 10:32)
@icandothisallday

I simply stated that there are people on this forum that believe RDR is bigger than SA. At the same time they also believe that the map for V will be 3.5 tines RDR. Combine that with what we know - "V will be bigger than IV, RDR, and SA". Now I wasnt saying any of this is true because its not. These statements those people believe actually contradict eachother.

Again like i said if RDR is the biggest out of all,  the sum of all of them can not be 3.5 times RDR. You cant add 2 small objects to the biggest and get a number that is 3.5 times the biggest. Its mathematically impossible.

ive seen you do this 100x now. you want to say that rockstar said "gta v is rdr, iv, and san andreas put together" when in actuality they said "gta v is BIGGER than san andreas, iv, and rdr combined WITH ROOM TO SPARE! that last part blow your reasoning all to hell. good try though. i still dont get how you cant understand this???

@dxbrandon... no... san andreas isnt bigger than rdr. its just the opposite, confirmed by dan houser himself.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (whydoyouevenbother @ Friday, May 31 2013, 15:20)
QUOTE (Fatty Roman @ Friday, May 31 2013, 10:32)
@icandothisallday

Again like i said if RDR is the biggest out of all,  the sum of all of them can not be 3.5 times RDR. You cant add 2 small objects to the biggest and get a number that is 3.5 times the biggest. Its mathematically impossible.

ive seen you do this 100x now. you want to say that rockstar said "gta v is rdr, iv, and san andreas put together" when in actuality they said "gta v is BIGGER than san andreas, iv, and rdr combined WITH ROOM TO SPARE! that last part blow your reasoning all to hell. good try though. i still dont get how you cant understand this???

@dxbrandon... no... san andreas isnt bigger than rdr. its just the opposite, confirmed by dan houser himself.

You're not very logical are you. If that "room to spare" was significant, which it HAS TO BE if your theory was right, then Rockstar wouldn't just say "room to spare" they'd make a much bigger deal out of it. Are you that dumb? Or just trolling?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users