» «
Photo

Map Size Thread

8,295 replies to this topic
Boss7dm
  • Boss7dm

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:18 AM Edited by Boss7dm, 24 May 2013 - 02:37 AM.

user posted image

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Boss7dm @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 22:18)
i think i saw a interview to Dan Houser and he said Los Santos will be the same size of Bohan+Broker+Dukes , is true?

No, he didn't say that.
However, GI did say that Los Santos was roughly the size of Liberty City.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 22:22)
i think i saw a interview to Dan Houser and he said Los Santos will be the same size of Bohan+Broker+Dukes , is true?

No, he didn't say that.

some people don't recognize that Alderney wasn't part of Liberty City though. Hopefully what R* meant was that it was as big as GTA IV's full map.

SunflowerSeed
  • SunflowerSeed

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

I'm pretty certain Los Santos will be at least 1.5 the size of liberty city, seeing as the city is so big they couldn't make Las Venturas or anything

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Los Santos was confirmed to be just a tiny bit smaller than Liberty City. You can view the Mapping Los Santos thread which confirms it even more.

/thread

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 05:17)
Los Santos was confirmed to be just a tiny bit smaller than Liberty City. You can view the Mapping Los Santos thread which confirms it even more.

/thread

\thread

Who says we've seen all of Los Santos? monocle.gif

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 21:29)

No, he didn't say that.

some people don't recognize that Alderney wasn't part of Liberty City though. Hopefully what R* meant was that it was as big as GTA IV's full map.

Exactly. Alderney is actually it's own state. I'm not sure if R* meant Liberty City by itself or Liberty City along with Alderney.

Also, isn't Liberty Island (Happiness Island) actually in New Jersey (Alderney)? Granted, that's only a very small part of GTA IV's map.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 07:45)
QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 05:17)
Los Santos was confirmed to be just a tiny bit smaller than Liberty City.  You can view the Mapping Los Santos thread which confirms it even more.

/thread

\thread

Who says we've seen all of Los Santos? monocle.gif

This icon14.gif
-All of the screenshots we've seen so far appear to be from the back of the city, from the mountain perspective. We still haven't seen the part of the city that faces the ocean.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Damn I would be disappointed if Los Santos isn't at least 1.25 the size of Liberty City (I mean the whole IV map).

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

The only thing that was confirmed was that all the map is bigger than IV, SA, RDR combined with room to spare.

It's anyones guess how big it actually is, people assume its the size of those three combined, when in actually fact the statement clearly suggests it's bigger.

Calanguento
  • Calanguento

Citizen

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Like some ohter people said above, I think Los Santos will be around the same size as IV's Liberty City (Broker + Dukes + Bohan + Algonquin), maybe a little bigger. Overall the map is said to be huge, so expect a bigger rural/desert area than city area. This is what I think.

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Compare and contrast

http://assets1.ignim...kjpg-19d2fa.jpg

http://www.thebuzzme...ght-skyline.jpg

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

^ Yeah, the scale is absolutely perfect...

giantpaulosa
  • giantpaulosa

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Sure, the scale of both cities looks the same but I think that GTA V will have so much more details.

kricco
  • kricco

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

It was said that Los Santos would be the size of San Andreas, GTA IV and RDR map, which was news from GI and even R*.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (kricco @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 21:57)
It was said that Los Santos would be the size of San Andreas, GTA IV and RDR map, which was news from GI and even R*.

TC meant the Los Santos the city, not the actual map

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

wow only 1 person got this right so far xd

kricco :
& more to spare , infact this is what they said:

Houser was quoted as saying that GTA 5's world is bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA 4 combined.

Now Houser has told The Guardian that players will be doing a lot of flying in GTA 5 so it was important to the studio that there's plenty of airspace.

"We wanted to make a big place, as much as anything, to allow you to fly," he said. "A lot of the decisions, we're talking about them here on a philosophical level, but they're also practical decisions, too: we're making a game. You have to understand the medium.

"On an obvious level we wanted somewhere big so you can fly properly - we have a lot of missions that involve flying, in helicopters or whatever, it was logical. Also, Jet skis work better around LA than they would in New York.

"We're using the environment to let us have toys we couldn't have had otherwise," Houser added. "And equally, we're using the story and environment to introduce missions that can be more extreme. In some ways we wanted the game to have a larger-than-life Hollywood feel; the stories we heard in LA, we wanted to capture them in the game. If the place isn't informing what we're doing, we're not using it correctly."

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

edit resize your f*cking images for god sakes...

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non importante, ma l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

LS looks huge in this one

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wq4k5u.png

CJ4LIFE1294
  • CJ4LIFE1294

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

To be honest I think the city of los santos will be the same size as liberty city and the country side part of the map will be red dead redemption/ san Andrea's size which is f*cking huge you have got to remember they have added ocean floor ass well now so maybe have the country side san Andrea's size and the ocean floor red dead redemption size

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 11:19)
LS looks huge in this one

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wq4k5u.png

That area does not look much bigger than Broker and Dukes. I think it will be roughly the same size as Liberty City, but it will probably feel smaller due to the lack of rivers.

giantpaulosa
  • giantpaulosa

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (CJ4LIFE1294 @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 11:27)
To be honest I think the city of los santos will be the same size as liberty city and the country side part of the map will be red dead redemption/ san Andrea's size which is f*cking huge you have got to remember they have added ocean floor ass well now so maybe have the country side san Andrea's size and the ocean floor red dead redemption size

I think that too! icon14.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 22:29)

No, he didn't say that.

When GI or R* says Liberty City they probably mean the whole entire map. And look at it for yourself, the panoramic screen, the night screen, and the screens that show the houses in the hills. Then include the airport - which is huge - and Santa Monica Beach. All of that put together is like Dukes, Broker, Bohan, Algonquin, and Alderney.

But still it seems, we still have people saying, "waahhh too small!"
Los Santos was confirmed to be just a tiny bit smaller than Liberty City.

Nobody said that. bored.gif

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 09 April 2013 - 02:38 PM.

It's crazy though that Rockstar would make a make a map the size of San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption combined but cheat us out of having SF or LV. Makes no sense whatsoever, it's cool to have county side but gta was originally a city based video game. What ever person at Rockstar came up with the corny idea of having Los Santos remade surrounded by nothingless must be on crack, and the guy who signed off on the idea needs to be drug tested as well. What are they smoking? If you're not going to do San Andreas correctly, then dont do it at all. This is 2013, no excuses you made 3 cities in 2003 but cant do the same now with all this technology? lmao nobody buys that except hardcore fanboys. No excuses, when is there going to be forward progress instead of going backwards? Take some of that countyside and make SF or LV. It's so simple. I cant believe that countyside will dominating a grand theft auto map like they forgot the roots of the franchise. These dudes are making a hiking camping game. lol.gif

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Maybe like Liberty without Alderney

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 14:35)
It's crazy though that Rockstar would make a make a map the size of San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption combined but cheat us out of having SF or LV. Makes no sense whatsoever, it's cool to have county side but gta was originally a city based video game. What ever person at Rockstar came up with the corny idea of having Los Santos remade surrounded by nothingless must be on crack, and the guy who signed off on the idea needs to be drug tested as well. What are they smoking? If you're not going to do San Andreas correctly, then dont do it at all. This is 2013, no excuses you made 3 cities in 2003 but cant do the same now with all this technology?  lmao nobody buys that except hardcore fanboys. No excuses, when is there going to be forward progress instead of going backwards? Take some of that countyside and make SF or LV. It's so simple. I cant believe that countyside will dominating a grand theft auto map like they forgot the roots of the franchise. These dudes are making a hiking camping game.  lol.gif

Soooo many issues with what you just said:
-They never said they were remaking San Andreas.
-They never said they were actually remaking Los Santos either, not an identical version anyway.
-What's the point in adding those other cities? SF lacked any sort of detail, and LV was a set of copy-pasted buildings.
-This is 2013? They are working on the current generation console that's 5 or more years old.
-They did make 3 cities in 2003...and are you really comparing the level of detail they had back then with what they have now?
-You want only one big city and hardly any countryside? Play GTA 4. Pretty much everybody wants countryside in.
So your best bet is either to play the San Andreas remade in GTA 4...or just go back to SA if you love it that much.

ALeSsAnDrO
  • ALeSsAnDrO

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

My bet is that Rockstar is saving the multiple city GTA for next-gen.
Having more than one city doesn't mean just more work modeling buildings. It's also means more unique pedestrians, more textures, etc. It's double the work of building the countryside.
But at some point they'll have to do it again, otherwise San Andreas will always be remembered as the only truly big GTA title.

They could actually create a insanely huge map if they wanted, if only they used procedural generation (automated content creation instead of manual), but Rockstar doesn't want to.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Look at this picture - http://i.imgur.com/T9a0tPN.jpg

Notice how in the middle image you can see the entire north distance of the city. The construction area is right next to the skyscrapers and you can see all the way up the mountain.

Now look at the picture below. Both pictures overlap so you're seeing some of the same areas twice.

user posted image

Imagine seeing the other side of the skydiving shot and how close the observatory would be.

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

How can ppl see the above pics are KID themselves into thinking we are getting anything other than a pretty small city. Its seemingly hardly any larger than LS in SA !...perhaps 30% larger. The fk is with that !...I might go on about this but apologists are just as bad.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (GKP @ Tuesday, Apr 9 2013, 18:45)
How can ppl see the above pics are KID themselves into thinking we are getting anything other than a pretty small city. Its seemingly hardly any larger than LS in SA !...perhaps 30% larger. The fk is with that !...I might go on about this but apologists are just as bad.

its not about how big it is its about how you use it. If they create a decent atmosphere then I couldn't give a f*ck about how small the city is.

Why do you want los Santos so big? is it to compensate for something else if you know what I mean.

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

grow up red..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users