FIFA 14

215 replies to this topic
02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

While FIFA has never been perfect, I've got to say that I've found the game pretty awful so far. The gameplay just feels completely rigid and the player positioning is worse than ever. A few minutes into my first match, I take a shot from the edge of the area and am lucky enough to beat the keeper. However, my right winger is hovering on the opposition's goal line. The ball strikes him and predictably, the ref blows for offside. Seriously?

GTN has killed the career mode for me. I used to like the casual nature of the old transfer system and but the fact that we're now forced to scout just to find out about the player's most basic attributes really does take the fun out.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

I don't think you mean it's worse, I think you mean nothing has changed at all.

Except the scouting part, which I happen to like ^^

I only build groups with youth members anyway.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Its better than 13. Finally no overspeeded players ( so far )
Slower gameplay and slower turns make it a bit more realistic.
Cant believe people complain about it being too slow...

But that typical for brainless zombie players..
As soon as they cant score with just pressing Y and Sprint button they get their ass wrecked and cry about it...

LEARN TO PLAY and stop complaining...

stu
  • stu

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Feels like quite a big change from 13, by fifa standards anyways. Biggest change for quite a while. It took me a while to get used to it, after about 10 matches I just about had the hang of it. 

Ultimate Team still has some annoying ass issues though. I was playing this guy and I was 10-3 up, and with 5 minutes left to play he tells me that he hopes I get cancer and then he quits. Probably one of the nicer people as far as online fifa goes. Anyways it then says I've disconnected from UT, which is annoying in itself because you have to reload it up again yadda yadda yadda. Then when I rejoin it says I DNF'd. So not only do I not get the win I deserved, it gives me a f*cking loss and now I have a coin penalty for the next god knows how many games. And that c*nt probably got the win.

I mean seriously? What a f*cking joke. Everyone else in the house was asleep, and I was raging inside I just wanted to explode and punch the sh*t out of my wall. So goddamn annoying.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

I wasn't going to get this release day this year but I gave in and bought it. I agree with Stu, it's quite a big change from 13 and I'm actually impressed. It's taking me a while to get used to the new style EA have put in but it's an improvement. The Career Mode is better this year and I love the new menu.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

Only got half a season to go to finish my FIFA 13 career mode with only amazing Youth Squad, then it's time for FIFA 14!

I already read about players being able to  play in several positions (FINALLY!) so this should bring a lot more option for youth scouting.

I don't think I'll ever match my FIFA 13 youth squad though, I have currently near the end of the game: GK OVR 97, LW OVR 97, ST OVR 95, RW OVR 96, CF OVR 94, CB OVR 96 and OVR 94, RWB OVR 93. LWB OVR 94, RAM, OVR 94, LAM, OVR 96.

But I'm looking forward to trying :p

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by iNero, 29 September 2013 - 01:06 AM.

PS4 Gameplay

If Ill get an PS4 before FIFA15 Ill will get 14 100%

I guess EA will listen to those LB+A - LB+Y whiners so they can spam those buttons and the sprint button again... so FIFA15 will be crap again.
I played 10 matched at my friend today against him and it was amazing fun.
Got to get used to it but it looks so much more lile footbal than previous games. The main reason is the slower gameplay and that you cant run over the pitch in a few seconds.
And people who complain that they lose the ball cause defenders are too fast:
Learn how to use the given features. The "protect the ball" feature with LT works really well.

FIFA 14 has its flaws like Imbrahimovic and Co. hit headers apmost everytime, not denying that. But it makes much more fun than any FIFA before and looks a lot more like football.

Inactive
  • Inactive

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:20 AM Edited by HexDrone, 30 September 2013 - 05:20 AM.

First FIFA title to be focused on simulation. No wonder many of the pace abusers and whiners have already started moaning over at EA Forums.

PC folks, gameplay mods will start coming soon. Self assured the small niggles would be patched out soon, either officially or not.

Some NG videos in the meantime :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbYPdu4Id3Q

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

i have to admit to kinda wanting this - simply because i want an uptodate footy game.
The game's slower, i can deal with that, but do counter attacks have momentum?
Example, in pretty much any match IRL, when a counter attack happens, you feel it, the crowd gets louder, spurring them on, you stand up out of your seat etc.

Are all the same customisation things back like in fifa 13 (intro songs, goal songs, chants etc)?

I might try to borrow it and see, but I really dont want to drop £40 on a game thats still the same as last year with a new gimmick,,,

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

It's completely different dude. Like stu said a big change from 13, especially the career mode. See this video and you'll definitely want to get the game even more:

Inactive
  • Inactive

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

If any FIFA has been greatly different from its predecessor, it's this one. Once you go deeper, it's a whole different beast.

Love how you can control the tempo.

@MokrieDela : Yep, counters do have momentum and sounds have been reworked.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by NateShaw92, 10 October 2013 - 01:34 PM.

the player rating system is broken, other that taht a fine game

in be a pro i have been downgraded for  my team-mate's mistakes I had nowt to to with

sprint speed hs been over nerfed.

you have a player of 80 sprint controlled by the player and one of 60 by AI

AI seems to be faster EA need to learn how numbers work

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Next gen trailer's here:

Those crowds yo.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Spoilers: It will look nothing like that.

Anyway. I'm still enjoying FIFA 14, easy youth scouting got 20+ potential to be special players lined up, so lets'go!

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

Spoilers: It already does. At least on the builds at work. We have a good variety of characters for the crowds, and that is already partially reflected on the PS3/X360 versions.

Been playing it on and off against room mates. Got a headstart on the new style of gameplay since I had been playing it at work. Really enjoy it.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

The crowds look great. Not sure if I'll get this FIFA on next gen as I already have it on current so I'll most likely wait till 15 which hopefully will be amazing.

Anyway, I'm enjoying FIFA 14 at the moment. I feel like the Career Mode has improved and the Career mode menu is much better but I'm still experiencing some lag on the menu.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:57 AM Edited by AceKingston, 15 February 2014 - 09:57 AM.

Bump.

Just got the game. Enjoying it so far. Gameplay has improved a lot, much more slower and realistic. It's really fun playing the game compared to 12 despite it being more realistic. Not much of a change graphically on PC but FIFA games have never been about graphics so I am not bothered.

Career mode is great. Started up an AS Monaco CM, signed Januzaj for 1.2 million + Driar and sold some players as well. Currently 2nd with 40 points in the league, 3 points behind Bordeaux. I need some new defenders since Abidal and Carvalho are getting old and I found quite a few good ones especially a guy called Fabio Delprela (I think) in the Serie A.

Falcao has been great for me, 12 goals so far. Overall the team is doing well and I like the new menu. The problem with FIFA and sport games in general is that people judge the game by looking at the gameplay, once you actually play the game, it really is a big difference IMO.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

I'm still playing FIFA as well.

Managed to beat Barcelona with my Academica youth squad on Legendary (0-2 Away).

Took me a couple of tries though, it's a real bitch on Legendary. Also not my youth squad is basically all 90+ players.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:02 AM Edited by Flynny, 08 April 2014 - 08:06 AM.

Playing player career mode on ps4, really good but i keep getting subbed off for a keeper when I request sub (I am a striker) and when i moved to barca from my original team huddersfield after winning the 2 domestic cups and the championship title, i kinda displaced messi, messi should be going wide or I should to make the best team AI managers have gone backwards because that is EXACTLY what occurred in FIFA 12 when i moved to barca.

EA jsut need a few tweaks to make this mode amazing, that's all, tweaks.

Hoping the same thing will happen as when I did this to rooney in england, they bring him in after 10 games and it is glorious and rainbows follow the ball into the net and unicorns dance as we win the world cup.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Sorry for the bumb but i need help with something.

My player got a deal from a Russian Club (CSKA) which i did accept. After arriving at my new club, I wanted to change my jersey's Name to the Russian Alphabet like they do in Russia. And i haven't been able to. Any ideas?

If you don't understand what i am saying i want to put my name in Russian like all the players do in the Russian League:

anzhi2.jpg

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Have you tried editing your player and changing his "known as" name or "kit name" - trying to utilize the "special characters" in the entry pad?

To use full Cyrillic letters might not be possible on a console with western programming (perhaps the russian version of the game might have that).

Or try changing your console/games language to Russian and see if that allows you to do it (although when you change it back it might undo it). I suspect it's all down to the fact that the game and console is based on the western alphabet, not the Russian one.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Well played EA:

Slavery.jpg

• AndyGanteks likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:38 PM

Yeah, Barry Astard is an acceptable name, too....

• AndyGanteks likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

What country do you need to scout for that name?

I didn't make S. Lavery, I found him while scouting North-Ireland.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:25 PM Edited by Flynny, 08 June 2014 - 01:25 PM.

Astard, hmmm I would say France, different B name probably. Maybe Netherlands on an outside chance but I'd go with france and not hold out too much hope. Maybe look in Austria or germany, maybe denmark for a Friedrich. Ucker, or England for Barry Ellend 

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Astard, hmmm I would say France, different B name probably. Maybe Netherlands on an outside chance but I'd go with france and not hold out too much hope. Maybe look in Austria or germany, maybe denmark for a Friedrich. Ucker, or England for Barry Ellend 

The youth scouting list names are pretty limited though, each country ahs like 10-20 names tops. Maybe I missed some of them, should have a look.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:47 AM

Oh, sorry. I hadn't realized you were referring to scouted players.
He was one from the creation centre - i found it hilarious how the "filter" didn't pick it up, while it marks "James" as profanity.

My bad, man. S. Lavery now just got much funnier!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

Here's an update on my Youth Squad, these are all from the same Career Mode:

Spoiler

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:28 AM Edited by Flynny, 10 July 2014 - 12:28 AM.

on the FIFA world cup 2014 (FIFA 14.5) game has anyone noticed that top strikers are being played in midfield like Falcao and Suarez in the road to fifa world cup mode? anyone manage to fix this?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

I've played against england where Ashley Cole is in LCM.

It's just Fifa not playing players properly. I had this with an older version of fifa too.

The WC game is both great and terrible. Like any Fifa, really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users