Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

970397_10151620246564288_113461301_n.jpg

You ready!!?

my body is ready

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:04 PM Edited by Fireman, 10 September 2013 - 12:23 PM.

Downloading the demo from Origins now, let's see.

EDIT:

Oh wow, that wasn't even worth the 1.5gb of space, it's FIFA 13, with no improvements. The crowd looks slightly better than before, commentary is exactly the same, the best teams can hardly control a pass.

The only thing that MIGHT make this worth buying is Career Mode, which is unlikely. PES here we come!

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

MUFC

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:04 PM Edited by Tommy., 10 September 2013 - 12:06 PM.

lol Robin van Persie more than 80 is biggest bullsh*t ever

You obviously don't know much about football lol 30+ goals two seasons running you idiot. Any football fan will tell you he's class.

Anyone who watched the actual goals he scored and counted the amount of goals he scored in important matches (or in international matches) will tell you he's horrible.

That and the amount of times he runs the ball out of play makes him top awful tier.

That's the biggest bullsh*t I've ever heard. Did you see his goal vs Villa? What about the goal vs Swansea?

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Anyone who watched the actual goals he scored and counted the amount of goals he scored in important matches (or in international matches) will tell you he's horrible.

lolz. what planet are you on? 

I get people bitching about negligible ratings, happens every year. But do you really think he's a "horrible" player? 

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

@Fireman, Are you an Ajax fan?

Not only does Van Persie bag 30+ goals a season he usually racks up quite a decent assist tally. As much as it pains me to see, he's a fantastic player.

This demo up on Xbox yet?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:22 PM Edited by Fireman, 10 September 2013 - 02:10 PM.

I get people bitching about negligible ratings, happens every year. But do you really think he's a "horrible" player? 

Nah not horrible, but not above a 80 rating.

No, I'm not an Ajax fan, but I'm Dutch and he scores 0 international goals, f*cked up the European Championship on his own (mainly because coaches keep playing him while he scores 0 goals in 12 matches, probably because they also seem to think he's good).

His performances in cup runs have been moderate at the very best, but international matches bother me the most though, cause you know, nationalism.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

MUFC

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

'Moderate at very best' :lol: I'm pretty sure United wouldn't of won the league if it wasn't for RVP. Come on man, stop showing yourself up. Just because he doesn't do as well for the international team doesn't mean he's a bad player. He's a class player and you need to come to terms with that.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:05 PM Edited by poklane, 10 September 2013 - 02:06 PM.

Nah not horrible, but not above a 80 rating.

No, I'm not an Ajax fan, but I'm Dutch and he scores 0 international goals, f*cked up World Championship and European Championship on his own (mainly because coaches keep playing him while he scores 0 goals in 12 matches, probably because they also seem to think he's good).

His performances in cup runs have been moderate at the very best, but international matches bother me the most though, cause you know, nationalism.

I'm also Dutch, but RvP not doing well in the national squad could be seen: Robben and Lens both don't give a f*ck about the striker, all they do is cut inside to shoot. Look at Robben against Estonia, he cut inside like 20 times and didn't give 1 good pass to RvP.

Look at RvP at United, everyone is giving him the ball in the box, that's why he scores a lot.

• TheCacti likes this

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

MUFC

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Messi doesn't perform at national level so I guess he's a horrible player, then? :D

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

They finally added Ronaldo's celebration. :D

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

but I'm Dutch and he scores 0 international goals

He just happened to score 2 for his country tonight as they won 2-0. Your theory seems to be going down the sh*tter which is exactly where it belongs.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:31 PM Edited by poklane, 10 September 2013 - 09:31 PM.

He just happened to score 2 for his country tonight as they won 2-0. Your theory seems to be going down the sh*tter which is exactly where it belongs.

Against a team of amateurs yeah.

OT: I just played the FIFA 14 demo, it's just complete sh*t.

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Against a team of amateurs yeah.

OT: I just played the FIFA 14 demo, it's just complete sh*t.

Maybe so, but I didn't see anyone else scoring them tonight.

As for the fifa demo, it's a demo, it's bound to be sh*tty, the players seem to run like they have shat in their pants

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

You get the hang of the new feel of the game after a while. Messing around with the game speed in the options up to fast changes it quite a bit too. I'd say after about 30-40 of playing around with the demo I'm liking it enough to buy it and give it a good go. As always it's more fun playing against friends.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

i like that many say its slower. FINALLY. 

previous games after FIFA 08 were way too fast with way too quick turns. it was ridicilous and you didint need skill to win any match. onyl fast players. I doubt that will change though.

Unfortunately I dont have Gold atm so I cant download the Demo

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

You've got to be kidding yourself to not think Van Persie is an absolute world class player. International level is nowhere near club level either way.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

You've got to be kidding yourself to not think Van Persie is an absolute world class player. International level is nowhere near club level either way.

Well, we almost won the world cup (if Robben wasn't a complete twat in the final we would have won), but RvP also did jack sh*t there.

namednala
  • namednala

aahhhuuuuuuhhh

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by namednala, 12 September 2013 - 11:11 AM.

Does anyone of the German guys here know when the Demo is available on psn? I can't find it...

Edit: nevermind, found it!

Dnero
  • Dnero

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Some new celebrations/skills, all pretty cool :^:

• namednala likes this

namednala
  • namednala

aahhhuuuuuuhhh

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Some new celebrations/skills, all pretty cool :^:

Hahaha awesome!! :)

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Well, we almost won the world cup (if Robben wasn't a complete twat in the final we would have won), but RvP also did jack sh*t there.

What is your point? Top clubs competing for titles at the top level are way way better than top international teams competing for titles, if RvP does incredible (he does) for one of the world's top club teams, I don't see why it makes him crap if he doesn't recreate that form at a much lower level, where the team won't be necessarily set up to play with RvP's strengths (... it isn't, at all)

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

I read that wrong at first. I agree with you completely, I mean people go on like he does nothing for his country, which to be fair, being the countries second of all time goal scorer (only 2 behind first) must mean he's doing alright. It isn't all down to RVP to produce something special in an international game, there must be other players that are capable of scoring goals and being one of the main men themselves. (can't think of any examples, don't follow that side of international football at all)

Played a bit more of the fifa demo earlier. F*ck me, I can't produce an attack without one of my players being offside. The ref's also blind too, thought that would've been changed by now :whistle:

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:04 PM Edited by rhyn, 11 September 2013 - 06:06 PM.

RVP moved into second place in the all-time top scorers' list for the Netherlands yesterday, how could anyone possibly think he's a bad player?

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

RVP moved into second place in the all-time top scorers' list for the Netherlands yesterday, how could anyone possibly think he's a bad player?

And to be the top PL scorer two years on the trot.

Here's a thing I've always wondered about FIFA: What decides the teams that are used on the demo? Do clubs pay EA to be included or something or is it the other way round or what

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

Here's a thing I've always wondered about FIFA: What decides the teams that are used on the demo? Do clubs pay EA to be included or something or is it the other way round or what

Marketing does. They are the ones who go after the teams to appear in demos, videos etc. I don't know what metric they use, but they are the ones deciding that.

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:21 AM Edited by NathanT, 12 September 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Marketing does. They are the ones who go after the teams to appear in demos, videos etc. I don't know what metric they use, but they are the ones deciding that.

Fair enough, makes sense.

I'm going to struggle to decide what game to play when Fifa comes out as I will most likely be getting into GTA V by that time.

namednala
  • namednala

aahhhuuuuuuhhh

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Downloaded the Demo yesterday.. Struggled the First few Games with Dribbling and shooting... I like, that the Game is slower and that it's more important to have a Good Dribbling skill. Pace's Not gone, but it's less important. I like that. I like that...

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

First goal i scored on the demo: a rainbow flick over the keeper...

First thought of the demo - the pitch looks complete sh*te. It looked so low-res to me. I rememeber one Fifa - mighta been 09 - had little patches of mud, difference in shades of green... it looked real. This game looks so fake.
The graphics in general look just as the did on the PS2; now EA has the next gen in mind, they cba with current.

I do like how players take control of the ball... feels much more fluid, looser. Momentum also - steaming down the wing felt like steaming down the wing, whereas previous to 13, and PES games also, it felt too mechanical.

But there's the usual questions: Will MM actually be good (EG: will i be able to actually loan out players, perhaps "offer" them to clubs like you can in that manager game (cant remember the titles llol)? Will player manager return?
What customisation will there be? Will CC actually be in depth? Will it even WORK on pcs that arent high end? Will GK kits be editable (bullsh*t the suppositions that they're not due to licensing). Will editing be able to be done in game, like PES? In PES you can edit the kits and load MM, then the new kits are there.
EA can tweak the same old sh*t all they want, but they need to do more than that. Fifa 10,11,12,13,14, is all the same, but slightly tweaked with more and more fellatio performed on Messi. Next gen does improve graphics, but do we need fully rendered crowds? Instead why not focus on weather effects, and visuals. Make rain LOOK rainy - all it does is throw some little drops down the screen, not producing that "misty" look that rain really has.

Then there's the errors and bugs. How many of you abandoned a MM because it crashed on loading, saving, playing, simming, negotiations, or whatever? The whole new VP system in 13, separating online and offline, while I understand the reasoning behind it, completely alienated casual players. It is not possible to put the game in, a month after release, and just go into clubs and have a game. You'll be against 88 rated players who play the game 24/7, while you're rated 60, because you haven't. In 12, you could improve your pro offline, unlocking cool things (i disagree with locking cosmetic content) and getting better. Then you go online and because you've actually played offline, you can keep up.
Another reason I'm not interested in Fifa 14.
I dream of the day where people follow suit, and EA realise that people won't stand for it anymore, but that'll never happen. I HOPE someone at EA gives the order to make quality over quantity, maybe even releasing FIFA to 2 studios so there's double the dev time...... yeah right.

The worst thing is that PES just can't stand up, gameplay wise. I hate that fact.

BUT 14 has walking.... (ok they walk like they've shat themselves, as mentioned)....

I don't feel that current gen Fifa 14 is a step forward at all. I'll be the £40 i would spend on Fifa that nothing will change: the same errors and bugs and issues will return.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Demo is a pretty early build when compared to what the full game is like. It was released two weeks ago, but had been ready far before that. In that time, we've polished the game further and fixed some critical issues that were discovered during the bug.

Either way, game is out today. We had a nice party here at the studio, and I secured my copy for the PS3. Can't wait to go home!

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Good to see problems from fifa 13 have been put into this, such as the menu freezing and the menu on pro clubs being sh*tty. In my first game, the game froze, so I restarted it and was on the 80th minute and the menu froze, so I had to restart again and the ball disappeared in the 3rd attempt in trying to finish my first game. I mean seriously, what the f*ck is this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users