Photo

FIFA 14

215 replies to this topic
King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Joseph Cooke @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 20:31)
As an avid Career Mode, erm...player? manager? Anyway, I feel the improvements over the past couple of years have been good, but minimal.

If they could just add a couple things that keep it excitingand fresh for each season.

And Champions League. I know PES has had the rights or something of that nature, dunno how long that lasts, but the ECL would be beautiful.

@GTA_Stu: Too true, regarding those speedsters. I find it easier to contain Messi than Emenike. It just isn't on.

Yeah me too, I want the CL. I hope PES wont have the rights for it anymore. But they probably do

<- fifa 14

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

They need to slow down pace and make the pitch a realistic scale.
And please take out the DAMN momentum!!!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

to proof my point that knuckle shots were already possible in FIFA 13 i just uploaded a video:

cba to use my PVR for such a short vid

GreenReign
  • GreenReign

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

Looks very good so far...

http://www.ign.com/a...atures-revealed

I tend to hate soccer but I like Fifa for some odd reason.

Marlowe.
  • Marlowe.

I Still Jerk-off Manually

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'd really like to see an improvement an the AI and better control over my NPC teammates. Playing against the AI is essentially 1v11- and the 11 all have f*cking super powers. Something like 2k's NBA series would be cool.

And two little gripes: better set piece controls. Half the time, I have no idea where I am aiming. Maybr that's my bad, but would it hurt to add an optional arrow to show the direction I'm kicking? Also, and this is just me, I want a better selection of goalkeeper kits. Sick and tired of having the one kit per keeper!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (Marlowe. @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 11:46)
I'd really like to see an improvement an the AI and better control over my NPC teammates. Playing against the AI is essentially 1v11- and the 11 all have f*cking super powers. Something like 2k's NBA series would be cool.

And two little gripes: better set piece controls. Half the time, I have no idea where I am aiming. Maybr that's my bad, but would it hurt to add an optional arrow to show the direction I'm kicking? Also, and this is just me, I want a better selection of goalkeeper kits. Sick and tired of having the one kit per keeper!

they had arrows in previous games ( PS2) and im glad they are out.

set pieces are still way too easy. watch tuts on youtube and you know how to take them and how to aim. it sooo easy

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Really disappointed it isn't next gen.
Buying it anyway 'Cuz my friends are too.

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 16:54)
Or when John Terry outruns Ronaldo.

This is so frustrating. Seeing average-paced defenders catching the likes of Walcott and Lavezzi.

However, upon gazing through the latest XOM on an article for F14, it appears the game is less pace-orientated, more slower play through the midfield.

In fact it mentions how quite a few things have been rectified, one being quite pleasing to me, the marking. My, my, some of the marking in 13 (and the rest) is f*cking abysmal. Not only is it none-existent in a lot of cases, but in during set pieces my 5'2" striker, who hasn't a defensive ability to his name, will no doubt be defending that guy's 6'7" ariel maestro.

And for any manager mode guys like myself, here's a good wee read:

FIFA 14 Manager Mode

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Joseph Cooke @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 01:02)
And for any manager mode guys like myself, here's a good wee read:

FIFA 14 Manager Mode

Hmm, the Hub looks interesting. Manager mode seems to be all I play with the exception of the odd Fifa Clubs game. Online annoys the sh*t out of me and I don't even bother spending money in UT because I get nothing decent in packs.

@iNero: I didn't even know you could do knuckle shots. Meh, I rarely get free kicks close enough to shoot though.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

Finally they changed the look and the Hub of manager mode, the new look does look very interesting and refreshing. The scouting system looks cool too, I've always loved scouting in FIFA, you can get young players who go up to 80 and even 90 I think. In FIFA 09 I had a player called Campione in the youth academy for Inter Milan and his overall went upto the late 80's I think.

Joseph Cooke
  • Joseph Cooke

When nothing goes right, go left.

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (NathanT @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 00:44)
Manager mode seems to be all I play

Like wise. I think it's good, enough. What would keep it fresh is more variation of things like transfer sagas, referencing to previous seasons events or building up to big upcoming matches etc. I can remember thinking of more thinks, but can't remember them for the life of me.

Also I think the option to change a players position would be nice.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

EA has confirmed to Eurogamer that FIFA 14 will not release on Wii U.

In a statement, EA Sports said it took the decision after poor sales of the Wii U version of FIFA 13.

"Ten months ago FIFA 13 was a launch title on Wii U," an EA spokesperson told Eurogamer. "Although the game featured FIFA's award-winning HD gameplay and innovative new ways to play, the commercial results were disappointing. We have decided not to develop FIFA 14 on Wii U."

I laughed. f*ck you Nintendo and your sh*tty consoles. For once, well done EA.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Thank god they didn't. otherwise it would just be an embarrassing copy and paste version of 13. FIFA should release only for PS3, 360 and PC IMO. The other versions are crap.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Friday, May 17 2013, 18:11)
Thank god they didn't. otherwise it would just be an embarrassing copy and paste version of 13. FIFA should release only for PS3, 360 and PC IMO. The other versions are crap.

FIFA 14 will be the same thing as the last years... Next Gens will get an own Version like back on the Xbox 360/PS3 release with Road to FIFA WC.

Wouldnt make any sense they would use a whole different gameplay on the old consoles so short before Next Gens. I mean we can see it on the Screens that its the same engine and all that

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I disagree, the iOS version is brilliant. They upgraded it a lot from FIFA 12 to 13.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Friday, May 17 2013, 21:50)
I disagree, the iOS version is brilliant. They upgraded it a lot from FIFA 12 to 13.

The iOS version may be good but the others like the PSP, Wii and PS2 versions don't deserve a release. Even FIFA 13's Vita version was poor, so there is no need to release on those consoles if they are not going to upgrade it at all.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Friday, May 17 2013, 16:23)
QUOTE (Erebos @ Friday, May 17 2013, 21:50)

The iOS version may be good but the others like the PSP, Wii and PS2 versions don't deserve a release. Even FIFA 13's Vita version was poor, so there is no need to release on those consoles if they are not going to upgrade it at all.

Well they use the PS2 engine so they save money. But yeah they're outdated.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

user posted image

You ready!!?

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

It isnt FIFA 14 for sure. Its an own FIFA game with the new EA Sports Engine

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Oh. f*ck yes! Weren't EA doing some Next Gen Xbox exclusive deal? What if FIFA becomes an Xbox exclusive. lol.gif

SkullyzBoy1
  • SkullyzBoy1

I <3 Tacoz

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Monday, May 20 2013, 18:07)
Oh. f*ck yes! Weren't EA doing some Next Gen Xbox exclusive deal? What if FIFA becomes an Xbox exclusive. lol.gif

That, that would be miraculous! (Mostly to rub it in le PS3/PS4's faces!)

Although I sincerely hope they improve several things such as gameplay, career and I mean both modes. Am I the only that actually played a bit of the player mode? I think it's fun to start in a Barclay's team, get sent on loan. Become the top goalscorer in a lower English league (Can't recall which one), then go to Barclay's and wait for the team you want?

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

I find myself playing manager mode the most but the job offer system is completely broken. It is almost impossible to receive offers from the big clubs and when you apply for a job at the big clubs you rarely get accepted. It's completely broken when you win every silverware possible yet you still can't get accepted. EA always f*ck up the simple things that were completely fine in past games.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

user posted image

EA being EA. f*ck off.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:30 AM

Lol #PCMasterRace getting dicked again.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 03:30)
Lol #PCMasterRace getting dicked again.

Ill probably get flamed now, but I loled so hard when all the PC elitists are upset now. revenge for their BS talkin about next gen console hardware.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 07:23)
-Snip-

EA being EA. f*ck off.

I'm trying to come up with a reason why they would do this again especially after releasing an amazing PC version for the last 2 years. Either way, I'm not buying the game this year no matter how good the game is on PC 'old gen'. I've have enough of the 'Player Impact' engine. This is clearly the same tactic EA Sports used with the PC versions of Fifa 07,08, 09, 10 and 11. They have no excuses what so ever now, and if they say that the PC wont be able to handle the new engine or there are too many PC gamers who wont be able to run the game again then god please help EA...

Bad move EA. Very bad move. Especially with PC gaming getting better and better year by year you've just lost millions of dollars.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 19:23)
user posted image

EA being EA. f*ck off.

Okay, I won't give you my money then.

Ill probably get flamed now, but I loled so hard when all the PC elitists are upset now. revenge for their BS talkin about next gen console hardware.

Yes, clearly it's karma. Enjoy your already outdated Facebook console.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 20:50)
QUOTE (bud23 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 19:23)
user posted image

EA being EA. f*ck off.

Okay, I won't give you my money then.

Yes, clearly it's karma. Enjoy your already outdated Facebook console.

I will. and know what?

Ill lol again

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Good, most PC gamers are the biggest dicks in this world.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users